f o u r t e e n

•    

nam gun.

the mere name caused her to shake. she was indeed scared. soon remembered the times she read dr. kang's previous notes about that identity. the notes weren't exactly comfortable to read.

she described him as a violent subject. a person without scruples. the kind of people that soon always tried to be far away from.

certainly the way he looked at her right then, the fire on his eyes, the wicked smirk, all were signs of what she had read was true.

the endearing, nervous and insecure boy she met more than a month ago, named chae hyungwon, was nothing but a bittersweet memory. it seemed this person right in front of her, was someone totally different.

even if hyungwon had been quiet and sometimes calculator, he was nothing like this character in front of her.

she noticed her lips were trembling and suddenly she wished to be far away from there. she wanted to take back time and she surely would have chosen differently. she wouldn't have come inside that area.

so before neither he or she could do something that they would regret of, she quickly turned around and walked out of the hall. her chest going up and down faster as she placed a hand on her chest.

a couple of nurses came out of a door and stared at her with curious eyes to which she only stood straight, trying to keep up a strong façade and quickly rushed her way back towards the elevator, acting as if nothing happened.

she had been meeting hyungwon for over a month now, in fact, in a week would be 2 months since the first day she met him and yet, she still didn't know why.

why he was the way he was? how did this all happen? why?

questions that needed to be answered in order for her to keep helping him get better. it was imperative to figure out what was wrong with him, but he was giving her a hard time.

the door of her office opened only to reveal kyunji's top of her head as she carried a box bigger than herself. "here there are dr. park." she said closing the door with the swift move of her feet.

"they're heavy." she added. soon quickly stood and helped her with the box. "you should have asked hyunwoo or hoseok for help." the doctor said, helping her leaving the box in the coffee table.

"they're were busy, i think..." she said grimacing and shrugging.

"anyway... - she started as she stood quietly next to soon – what do you plan to do with all this?" her brown eyes wandered around the cd's that dr. park was organizing on top of the table.

"i am trying to figure out what's wrong with patient chae."

"tsk." kyunji sighed, only to earn a cautious look from the doctor. "i mean... everything's wrong with him dr. park... have you seen the way he looks at me?"

soon almost rolled her eyes at her sweet, young and innocent assistant. "it's the way he looks at everyone and everything."

"it's creepy." kyunji said.

"it's normal. he doesn't feel himself and sometimes, he isn't himself."

kyunji looked at her as if she was confused and didn't understand soon's words. "it's not his fault kyunji-ssi." she added.