AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi readers!

I am the author of Heart Signal X. The reason why I decided to embark on this very first series is because I am very free at the moment and thought I would like to do something interesting and beneficial to others during these few months while I still have the time.

Just to let you guys know a little bit about me, I am an ARMY and have been a fan of BTS since 2015. I do appreciate ships within the group such as Jikook, Vkook, Sope and Namjin but not in the romantic sense. I do, however, really like it when I see interactions between BTS members and other girl group members and do ship some of them together. I shan't reveal my ships right here, right now, as they will be huge spoilers to the story I am about to share with you over the next few weeks that I have put and will be putting a lot of effort to write.

I do like the interactions between the BTS members and the girls mentioned in the story, but I do not actually think that they are together in real life. I support whoever the boys are with or will end up with in real life and truly just wish the best for them. So, yes, I am not a rabid fan that attacks all other ships in my imagination, or has weird fantasies that I will somehow end up with any of my oppas, and I truly love and support anything that they cherish.

I am also a huge fan of Heart Signal Seasons 1 & 2, which I have been disappointed several times by, due to the crappy endings and my OTPs not ending up together, but I still truly believe that the concept is a great one. It has managed to sustain my interest for 14 weeks straight for both seasons, so well, that's a feat in itself. If you guys have not watched the show and aren't afraid of getting your heart shattered at the very end, I definitely recommend you to watch it and shan't give you any spoilers on who my OTPs are.

My story is be based on 4 BTS members (who aren't actually BTS members in this story) entering the Signal House in search of love, together with 4 female idols (who aren't actually idols in this story) that you guys have most probably read in my summary (please read it if you haven't!). The 4 male and 4 female residents may or may not end up together, but as the author, I can give you my word that the majority of you will be satisfied with the ending, unlike that of Heart Signal Season 1 & 2.

You might be wondering, "What about the other 3 BTS members? Are you not putting them in the Signal House because you stan OT4 and not OT7?" Don't worry, I've got you covered because they will be joining the story too, just not as residents but as panelists. And this is not because I like the 4 members over the other 3 members but it's just because I don't exactly ship anyone in particular with the 3 panelist members yet. I may, in the future, but not now. Just to support my point, J-hope, who will be a panelist, is my bias in BTS so I definitely wouldn't not put him in the house if I did put my favourites in there. Furthermore, I love all the BTS members almost equally so I'll be giving them as equal "screentime" as possible.

I called this season of the show Heart Signal X because I won't know if the producers will be coming up with a Season 3, 4 or even 5 for Heart Signal. If they do, however, this season is a fictitious fanmade season of Heart Signal purely for entertainment of BTS and Heart Signal fans alike. It is also not a show, but a fanfic, which is why I named it Heart Signal X.

The information and character traits of the characters in this fanfic are mostly the same as their true selves in real life, but some information may be added for comical relief or contribution to the story line. For readers' convenience, I underlined the words I want to emphasise that are actually true.

In the story, the 3 panelist BTS members are indeed their true selves who are part of a k-pop group BTS, that is currently a worldwide sensation. Meanwhile, the 4 resident BTS members together with the other 4 female residents have fictitious jobs, which may or may not be related to their current hobbies and interests. I will, however, try to make their jobs and character traits as related to their personalities we all know and love as possible so that my dear readers (yes, you) will enjoy the story better and be able to relate more to them.

Do take note, however, that I hardly know anything about the dating lives of all the characters so the information about their dating lives are 100% made up. Some of the events in the Signal House however, could be spinoffs from things that actually happened in real life (interactions as idols) and if they are, I'll leave a small note at the end of the episode to tell you about it. Also, for those people who care for Bangtan ships, fear not, because I'll make sure throw some in there too! Namjin, Sope, Vkook, Vmin, Yoonmin, etc., you name it, I've got it covered!

Now that I have told you about me and the story, I would like to set some ground rules for my readers so that we can establish a common understanding and respect. If you want to read my fanfic which I have put in a lot of blood, sweat & tears (pun intended) in completing, I hope that you show me the amount of respect I deserve as well, when reading my fanfic. My requests are as follows.

1. This story is purely fictional and completely based out of my own imagination so please do not bash any of the characters involved just because they are not part of your ship as once again, may I emphasise that this is just a fan fiction and is by no means true.

2. Please do not comment rude comments in the comments section bashing my style or quality of writing as I am already putting a lot of effort to benefit others for free and it wouldn't be nice for you to read my story yet leave nasty comments as that would be really rude and ungrateful of you.

3. I hope that we establish a happy and healthy environment here on my fanfic so please do not bash other readers in the comments section as well.

4. You can, however, leave constructive feedback or positive comments though! That would be greatly appreciated and make me even more motivated to push out even better content for you guys!

All in all, in summary of what I said, I just request that you (my dear reader) will respect the characters, the author and fellow readers of my story so that everyone will have a good time reading this fanfic of mine. All that being said, I hope you read this with an open and positive mind. Enjoy!