E4P3: "Are You Disappointed"

{OST: "Skit: Rainy Day" by HEIZE}

8th December 2018,
Heart Signal Day 7,
Day of First Date,
Saturday

[Seoul Forest Entrance, 1:30 p.m.]

A tall figure paced at the entrance of Seoul forest. He was tall and good-looking, wearing a black turtleneck, jeans, a grey coat and white sneakers. He was also carrying a huge backpack with an anxious expression on his face. A familiar voice called out his name behind him and Seokjin turned around immediately.
Byulyi: Jin-ah, annyeong!

[Heart Signal Panel]

Jongshin: Assa!
Eana: Byulyi-ssi?!
Sangmin: Daebak.
RM: I hope they have a really good conversation - I want to find out what happened in university.

[Seoul Forest Entrance, 1:35 p.m.]

Byulyi walked towards Seokjin, waving to him with a huge smile on her face. She was wearing a plain white t-shirt, ripped jeans, white sneakers and a dark green windbreaker on the outside. She looked really sporty and was dressed perfectly for the occasion. Seokjin smiled and waved back awkwardly.
Byulyi: Why are you being so awkward? Are you disappointed it's me?
Seokjin laughed.
Seokjin: It's not that... I just wasn't expecting it to be you!
Byulyi: I knew it was going to be you though, who else writes an essay when asking to plan a date. Secondly, I know it was your hand-writing. Thirdly, who else plans a picnic in the middle of winter? Seokjin laughed.
Seokjin: Don't worry - I actually did it on purpose. The cycling is not going to work out since it's winter but the eating will work. Wait...
Seokjin hesitated.
Seokjin: So despite knowing that it was me, you chose this date?
Byulyi froze.
Byulyi: I mean... uh, well... we haven't seen each other for so long, I thought it'd be nice if we could catch up a little... and also, the other two chose the other dates!
Seokjin failed to hide his disappointment.
Seokjin: Ah, I see...
Byulyi frowned.
Byulyi: If you don't like me as your date, I'm going home!
Seokjin laughed.
Seokjin: I'm just kidding! Why wouldn't I wanna spend time with you whom I haven't seen for so long? Let's go on our date!
Seokjin grabbed Byulyi by the wrist and started walking deeper into the forest.

Seokjin: I'm just kidding! Why wouldn't I wanna spend time with you whom I haven't seen for so long? Let's go on our date!Seokjin grabbed Byulyi by the wrist and started walking deeper into the forest

[Heart Signal Panel]

Jongshin: These two actually look good together.
Eana: Seokjin-ssi looked a bit disappointed that it wasn't Jieun-ssi though.
RM: Why is he like that... that hyung needs to man up and treat his date properly!

[Seoul Forest, 2:00 p.m.]

A while later, they reached a huge tent in the middle of a grass patch. The tent was blue on the outside and had a nice warm glow radiating from inside. Seokjin smiled at Byulyi and pulled her towards the tent. As they walked closer, Byulyi could see what was inside the tent. Inside, there was a thick electric heated mat on the floor with a wooden table in the centre of the floor. There were also cushions and blankets inside the tent and heaters all around. It looked so warm and cozy that Byulyi couldn't help but smile.
Byulyi: You really prepared all this?
Seokjin: Yup. Do you like it?
Byulyi: Sure looks cozy.
The two of them stepped into the tent and Seokjin zipped up the entrance, which was porous, allowing air to still circulate inside the tent. They sat down on the floor beside the wooden table.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Sangmin: They have such places nowadays?
Eana: It's so nice!
Jongshin: I didn't know such things existed either!
V: I actually rented it before - it's not that expensive, but really cozy and warm inside! Sangmin watches V suspiciously.
Sangmin: V-ssi, who did you go with?
V is taken aback.
V: Not with a girlfriend! I went with these two hyungs here, haha.
Sangmin laughs.
Sangmin: Did I mention anything about a girlfriend? I caught you off-guard, didn't I.
V laughs.
V: Um... oops.

[Seokjin's Tent, 2:15 p.m.]

Seokjin opened his bag and took out many bento boxes, cups and bottles of makgeolli, much to Byulyi's surprise. He opened them one by one, placing them on the wooden table between them. It was such a feast that it was indeed a sight to behold.

Seokjin: So this is the food I prepared, we have kimbap, ham and cheese sandwiches, grilled chicken salad and some of my homemade banana cake! I made all this in the morning, while you were still sleeping

[Heart Signal Panel]

Eana: Seokjin-ssi is really a dream husband - his future wife will never ever have to worry about cooking!

[Seokjin's Tent, 2:18 p.m.]

Byulyi's mouth hung open at the sight of all the mouth-watering food placed in front of her.
Byulyi: You must have really worked hard to try to impress her, didn't you?
Seokjin frowned.
Seokjin: Stop it, I made it for you!
Byulyi forced a laugh.
Byulyi: Okay, I'll stop it. Let's eat!
The two of them dig into the food in front of them, Byulyi occasionally exclaiming at how good the food was every time she tried a new dish.
Byulyi: The food is so good - you're indeed a great chef! I'm so proud that you became a chef, actually. We were both studying business in university back then and I remember you saying that you wanted to start your own business - I can't believe you actually did it!
Seokjin: Remember how I was really good at cooking back then such that I cooked lunch for both of us pretty often?
Seokjin smiled at the fond memories they had together, but Byulyi did not.
Byulyi: Yeah, but that was until-
Seokjin: Until I met my girlfriend.