E6P7: "Not Today"

{OST: "Lie" by Jimin}

10th December 2018,
Heart Signal Day 9,
Monday

[Signal House Living Room, 7:30 p.m.]

Later that day, Yoojung and Jungkook walked into the living room side by side after they had finished their date. They saw the members already seated at the dining table, getting ready for dinner. Tonight, Seokjin had cooked up some homemade jjampong for the residents. It was full of delicious handmade noodles Seokjin had made himself, together with lots of fresh seafood that Jimin had bought from the market earlier in the day. Jieun, Byulyi and Suran were busy setting the table, while Seokjin, Yoongi and Jimin were standing between the dining table and kitchen island, transporting all the food to the table from the kitchen. Jimin seemed to be in a particularly good as he was humming while bringing the dishes to the table.

 Jimin seemed to be in a particularly good as he was humming while bringing the dishes to the table

Yoongi: Jimin-ah, you seem to be in a good mood today.
Jimin smiled.
Jimin: Yeah! I had a really good dance session and went to the market to get some seafood and Seokjin-hyung said I chose them well so he used it for dinner tonight.
Yoongi flashed a gummy smile.
Yoongi: Well, I'm happy for you.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Jongshin: Look at Jimin-ssi being all happy right now... he isn't going to be pleased at all in a short while.

[Signal House Dining Room, 7:32 p.m.]

At that moment, Jungkook and Yoojung walk into the dining room.
Jungkook: We're home!
Everyone turned to face the entrance to the dining room. Most of them smiled when they saw the two, except for Jimin, who's face fell and his smile immediately vanished from his face as he looked from Yoojung to Jungkook then back to Yoojung.

[Heart Signal Panel]

The panelists cringe hard.
V: Oh no... look at him, I'm getting a second-hand heartbreak.
J-Hope: He's so obvious... what are we gonna do about him...

[Signal House Dining Room, 7:32 p.m.]

Seokjin's smile vanished as well for a short while as he saw Jimin's face turn for the worse. But he snapped back to his senses after a while and smiled again.
Seokjin: Why don't you guys go wash up? We can wait.
Jungkook smiled.
Jungkook: It's alright hyung, we don't want to keep you waiting.
Yoojung trailed behind Jungkook, as she spotted Jimin looking slightly upset and did not want to get on his nerves. She took a seat right beside Byulyi, who smiled at her and handed her chopsticks and a spoon.
Byulyi: Where did you go!
Yoojung couldn't answer. Jungkook passed Seokjin a white plastic bag he was carrying.
Jungkook: Seokjin-hyung! On the way back, I went to get some marinated crabs! We can have them tonight!
Seokjin smiled awkwardly.