E3P2: "She's Cute"

{OST: "You're The Best" by MAMAMOO}

4th December 2018,
Heart Signal Day 3,
Tuesday

[Signal House Dining Room, 9:30 a.m.]

Jimin walked into the kitchen just as Byulyi had finished her breakfast of cereal and milk and was getting up to walk to the kitchen. Jimin was wearing a simple grey hoodie, black sweatpants and his hair was in a wreck. His eyes were barely open. Byulyi spotted Jimin and smiled.
Byulyi: Good morning, Jimin-ie!
Jimin walked to the dining table and sat down.
Jimin: Noona! Good morning. You're up early today!
Byulyi walked to the kitchen and washed her bowl and spoon while still maintaining eye contact with Jimin.

 You're up early today!Byulyi walked to the kitchen and washed her bowl and spoon while still maintaining eye contact with Jimin

Byulyi: Yeah, today I have a schedule! I need to do make-up for Red Velvet today, so I kind of am in a rush.
Jimin: Wait... Red Velvet? As in, the girl group, Red Velvet?
Byulyi: Yeah, why?
Jimin: I'm such a huge fan... I love their song "Bad Boy".
Byulyi: Really, I never knew!
Jimin: Could you help me get an autograph from them, please?
Jimin looked at Byulyi with such earnest eyes. Byulyi thought for a while.
Byulyi: It's hard to reject you with those eyes of yours. But nope.
A look of clear disappointment spread across Jimin's face but he tried to compensate with a huge eye smile.
Jimin: Ah... it's alright, noona. I guess it'd be hard. I shouldn't have asked.
Byulyi grinned.
Byulyi: Instead, why not you follow me and get the autograph yourself? Are you free?
Jimin almost fainted from happiness.
Jimin: Are you serious?
Byulyi: Yeah, I've been Red Velvets' make-up artist on and off for years so I'm quite close to them, especially Yeri. I don't think they'll mind me bringing you to greet them.
Jimin did a mini "Bad Boy" celebration dance.
Jimin: Assa! Now I'm going to get Seulgi-noona's signature! Noona, you're the best! Let me go change and I'll meet you down here in a bit.
Byulyi smiled at the over-enthusiastic Jimin.
Byulyi: Alright, take your time. Just be ready to leave by 10:00 a.m., alright?
Jimin grinned.

, alright?Jimin grinned

Jimin: Got it!

[Heart Signal Panel]

Eana: Wah... so he's a fan of Red Velvet...
Jongshin: I'm curious, do you guys talk to Red Velvet?
J-Hope: Well, we're not that close but they are polite hoobaes.
Sangmin: I'm sure you know their songs, right?
Sangmin looks at J-Hope weirdly and the quick-witted J-Hope stands up and does a quick cover of Red Velvet's "Ice Cream Cake" with exaggerated moves that sends everyone into laughter.
Sangmin: Indeed, you're BTS' dance monster.
J-Hope: Please don't say "monster". It triggers my friend RM over here.
Jongshin: Why, though?
RM: I used to be called Rap Monster, before I changed my name to RM. I regret it, because I'm a beautiful human, not a monster. So please call me RM from now on, not "Rap Monster" and not even "RapMon".
Everyone laughs.
J-Hope: RapMon is so catchy though, I understand why some fans and even Taehyung still uses it.

[Outside Signal House, 10:30 a.m.]

Byulyi and Jimin hop into the car, with Byulyi at the wheel and Jimin sitting right beside her. Buy Yi was wearing a fitting black long-sleeved blouse and a floral skirt with brown boots and a holographic sling bag, while Jimin had put on a simple orange and dark blue striped t-shirt, black pants, black Puma sneakers, sunglasses, a few silver bracelets and a couple of silver rings. He had his hair gelled back and had an excited expression on his face. They put on their seatbelts and Byulyi drove off. Along the way, Byulyi spotted Jimin smiling from ear to ear at the corner of her eye and couldn't help but smile at his innocence.
Byulyi: Aren't you a little bit too excited?
Jimin snapped back to reality.
Jimin: Byulyi-noona, more than seeing Red Velvet, I'm more excited to see what you do at work as a make-up artist. I think you'll look very cool.
Byulyi laughed.
Byulyi: You sure speak well. Are you nervous to see Red Velvet?
Jimin: Yeah, a bit.
Byulyi: I only knew that Yoojung-ie was a fan of BTS but I didn't know you were a fan of Red Velvet! You know noona is a fan of MAMAMOO right?
Jimin: Yeah, I do. You mentioned it yesterday, haha.
Byulyi eyed Jimin carefully.
Byulyi: Well, anyway, speaking of Yoojung, what do you think of her?
Jimin looked like he didn't know how to react.
Jimin: Well... she's cute.
Byulyi: Right? Just what I thought. I saw your actions at the dining table last night and I was like, "this is it."
Byulyi laughed. Jimin's face got redder by the second. He opened the window to let in some cool air.
Jimin: Ah, it's hot.
Byulyi laughed again.

Byulyi: There's nothing to be embarrassed of though, I think Jin also knows what's up

Jimin: He sure does. He teased me so much last night, until I was going to go crazy.
Byulyi: Don't worry, I didn't tell Yoojung-ie that much about you. I just told her that I sense that you were interested in her.
Jimin turned bright red.
Jimin: You did? What did she say!
Byulyi: Well... she didn't say much but seemed to be taken aback. She did look like she was thinking hard about it though.
A disappointed look stretched across Jimin's face.
Jimin: Ah... I see.
Byulyi: I'm sure she was just taken aback though. She told me that she has never been in a relationship before. So if you guys get together, it'll be her first!
Jimin: Noona, speak for yourself though! I know you like Seokjin-hyung.
Byulyi was taken aback.
Byulyi: Out of nowhere?
Jimin: What do you mean "out of nowhere"? I've been watching you for two days already and every time Seokjin-hyung is around, you act differently.
Byulyi: Really? I do?
Jimin: Yeah, it's pretty obvious.
Byulyi: Really...
Jimin: Seokjin-hyung is pretty slow to not catch on though. I guess, it's pretty hard for him to see a contrast since you're always more reserved when he's around. But what really happened in university though? I'm really curious.
Byulyi's expression changed a little. Her lips curled and her eyes looked a bit sad.
Byulyi: Jimin-ah, I'll tell you soon... but just not now.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Jongshin: From this conversation, we know Byulyi-ssi knows Jimin-ssi is interested in Yoojung-ssi and Jimin-ssi knows Byulyi-ssi is interested in Seokjin-ssi... this season's residents are much more expressive aren't they?
Sangmin: Yeah, they're not allowed to tell the person directly but it's alright to share with each other, as long as they don't spill each other's secrets.
RM: There is really something that happened in university though, I really want to know what happened!
J-Hope: Me too... When will they show it to us!
Eana: Let's be patient! I'm sure they'll talk about it soon enough.