E1P4: "We Were Pretty Close"

{OST: "Awake" by Jin}

2nd December 2018,
Heart Signal Day 1,
Move-in Day,
Sunday

[Outside Signal House, 4:40 p.m.]

At that moment, a tall, well-built resident pulled up in a red Mercedes right outside the door. He was about 1.8 metres tall, with wide shoulders and long legs. To top that golden ratio body off, his visuals were out of this world. He had bright eyes, perfectly-shaped lips and wavy blonde hair that matched him so perfectly that it seemed that that hairstyle was created just for him. He wore a white long-sleeved shirt with the top two buttons purposely left open, paired with long black pants and black dress shoes. He had a certain aura about him that made people unable to take their eyes off him.

[Hearteu Cafe, Pre-recorded]

<Kim Seokjin, Signal House's Third Resident>

Seokjin: I actually dated someone back in university and that was my only ever relationship. Ever since then, I have been so busy with work that I haven't got the time to do so. I want to take this opportunity to get to know someone better and start a relationship with her.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Eana: His visuals... omo!
Sangmin: Wah... these visuals... daebak.
RM: Even as a man... I have to admit... his visuals are splendid.
V burst out laughing.
V: Hyung, what do you mean "even as a man"? That makes it sound weird.

[Signal House Living Room, 4:45 p.m.]

Seokjin walked into the house, carefully putting on house slippers and carrying his black luggage up the stairs to the living room. Jimin and Byulyi were just in the midst of a good conversation when they both spotted Seokjin and stopped short in their conversation abruptly. Byulyi stood up with a seemingly shocked expression on her face.
Byulyi: Kim... Seok...jin?
A look of realisation spread across Seokjin's face. He smiled.
Seokjin: Moon Byulyi...? Ya, long time no see!
Byulyi: Ya, really! It has been...
Seokjin: About 4 years! Have you been doing well?
Byulyi: Yeah, I have...
Jimin looked the most excited amongst the three of them.
Jimin: You guys know each other?
Byulyi: Yeah... we-
Seokjin: We sure do! We were course classmates back in university and were pretty close, weren't we? We used to eat at the canteen together almost everyday!
Byulyi: Haha, yeah... we sure did...
Seokjin: But after university we've all been so busy, we lost contact... It's really so nice to see you again, Byul-ah!
Seokjin smiled from ear to ear at Byulyi. Byulyi smiled awkwardly.

Byulyi: Yeah, it sure is

Byulyi: Yeah, it sure is... haha.
Jimin was still fascinated by the very fact his housemates knew each other beforehand.
Jimin: Wah, daebak! What are the odds! I guess you guys must be the same age then... though I still don't know whether you're older or younger than me... haha...
Seokjin: Don't worry, we'll be finding that out soon! But first, let me introduce myself! My name is Kim Seokjin.
Jimin: Oh, sure! Annyeonghaseyo, Seokjin-ssi! Let me introduce myself - my name is Jimin, Park Jimin.
Seokjin: Wow, I sure like your name. It has a celebrity feel to it.
Jimin: Haha, thank you! I just took Byulyi-ssi around the house. Would you like me to bring you around too, Seokjin-ssi?
Seokjin: Don't worry about me... Byul-ah, Jimin-ssi, you guys can stay around here and chat while I take a quick look around!
Seokjin walked off to explore the huge property.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Eana: Omomomo... Wasn't she the one who said she didn't want to meet an acquaintance here? What were the odds....
Jongshin: Wah, daebak...
V: Heart Signal is so fun... It's really amazing...
Jongshin: Don't you think Byulyi-ssi's reaction to Seokjin-ssi is a bit abnormal though?
Sangmin: Yeah... The way she talked to Jimin-ssi and Seokjin-ssi are completely different.
J-Hope: I agree! Around Jimin-ssi she looks comfortable but around Seokjin-ssi, she seems kind of stiff and... wary?
RM: This isn't the kind of reaction you would have if they were to really be close, like what Seokjin- ssi mentioned.
Jaewoong: That's a good observation. Seokjin-ssi looks comfortable around her though. It could be that Seokjin-ssi is just the type who thinks he's close to everyone...?
Sangmin: Seokjin-ssi did mention that they ate lunch together often?
RM: Could it be then... that Byulyi-ssi used to have a crush on Seokjin back in university?
Sangmin: Wah... it could be true! You're really an ace, RM-ssi!
RM: I mean, why else would she have such an obvious change in reaction. It's just a guess though, I might not be right.
J-Hope: My bet's on what Namjoon said. Namjoon-ah, you're really good at this!

[Signal House Living Room, 4:55 p.m.]

Jimin and Byulyi took back their seats on the sofa in the living room.

Jimin: Wow, it's really... daebak! It's like season 1 and 2!
Byulyi: What do you mean?
Jimin: Oh... I forgot that you didn't watch the past seasons... The first two seasons also had acquaintances!
Byulyi: Oh I see...
Jimin: Ah... to have someone you already know in the house must feel nice.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Jongshin: Oh...? He thinks differently.
Sangmin: Jimin-ssi would like to have someone he knows in the house while Byulyi-ssi would rather not, right?
RM: It really does depend on character, doesn't it