E4P7: "I Thought I Was Interested"

{OST: "Hopeless Love" by Park Jimin (15&)}

8th December 2018,
Heart Signal Day 7,
Day of First Date,
Saturday

[Agus Bookstore, 4:00 p.m.]

Jieun and Yoongi opened the door to the Agus Bookstore. A simple-looking but pretty lady at the counter looked up to greet them. When she saw Yoongi, a smile spread across her face.
Lady: You're here again, Yoongi-ssi!
Yoongi smiled at the lady and led Jieun into the store. Jieun glanced over at Yoongi.
Jieun: The lady here knows you? You must come here often!
Yoongi: Yeah, I'm a huge fan of reading as well. This shop is always the fastest store to be stocked up with the newest books.
Jieun got excited immediately at the mere mention of books.

Jieun: Really? What books do you read? What kind of genre do you like!Yoongi: I personally love the series "Harry Potter", I think I've read it about 5 times? I generally like books that involve fantasy and imagination

Yoongi: I personally love the series "Harry Potter", I think I've read it about 5 times? I generally like books that involve fantasy and imagination. What about you?
Jieun's eyes widened.
Jieun: Harry Potter?! That's my favourite series too! I've read it about 10 times.
Yoongi smiled down at Jieun.
Yoongi: We really have so much in common.
Jieun: I agree! From music, introversion, even books now...
Jieun purposely left out the part about the break-up.
Jieun: I've got a great idea! Why not, while we're here, we pick out a book for each other?
Yoongi: Sounds good!
Yoongi and Jieun quickly got down to picking out a book for each other. They looked through every shelf, looking for the book they thought each other would like. When Jieun finally found the perfect book for Yoongi, paid up and exited the store, she found Yoongi already standing outside the shop with a plastic bag containing the book in his left hand. Yoongi smiled when he saw Jieun.
Yoongi: You're done?
Jieun walked towards Yoongi with a smile on her face.
Jieun: Yeah, I think you're gonna love it.
Yoongi: How about we go find a seat somewhere to exchange the gifts and grab dinner?
Jieun smiled sweetly at him.
Jieun: Sure!

[Heart Signal Panel]

RM: So far, I think this couple seems to be the most compatible, don't you think?
All the panelists nod in agreement.
V: I'm curious what books they got each other.

[Han River, 6:00 p.m.]

Yoongi and Jieun reached the Han River just after the sun had set. Yoongi made a quick call to order pizza and beer to his location as Jieun took a seat on the steps by the Han River. After the call, Yoongi took a seat next to Jieun and they watched the lights show for a short while in silence.

 After the call, Yoongi took a seat next to Jieun and they watched the lights show for a short while in silence

[Heart Signal Panel]

Eana: Omo! It's so pretty.
RM: I go there pretty often. Just sitting by the river, drinking beer, it's really the best feeling ever. I get so much inspiration from that place.

[Han River, 6:05 p.m.]

Jieun: It's so beautiful.
Yoongi: It sure is.
Jieun: Do you come here often?
Yoongi: Yeah, at least once a week. I feel the most calm and also get the most inspiration here.
Jieun smiled.
Jieun: That sure sounds good. I haven't had the time to come here at all ever since I started my own business. The last time I came here was 3 years ago...
Yoongi: Really? You should make time to come here more often, it really puts your mind at ease...
Jieun smiled gratefully.
Jieun: I really should... but today I got to come here thanks to you, Yoongi!
Yoongi smiled.
Yoongi: Glad I could be of help.
Jieun's eyes lit up as if she recalled something.
Jieun: Oh- shall we exchange our books right now?
Yoongi: Shall we?
Jieun: Shall I go first?
Jieun took out the book she had chosen for Yoongi from her plastic bag. It was titled "The Hunger Games". Jieun smiled as she handed the book over to Yoongi with two hands.
Jieun: This book is from the "Hunger Games" series. It's the first book out of three! It's a dystopian novel set in The Hunger Games universe whereby children have to participate in a compulsory death game called The Hunger Games. Basically, they fight to their death. You said you liked the genre of fantasy so I figured you might enjoy this. It has a tiny bit of romance in it too... I hope you like it! If you like it, you can tell me - I can get the other two books for you too.
Yoongi smiled.
Yoongi: I'll read it well! Thank you, Jieun. Is it my turn now?
Yoongi took out the book he had chosen for Jieun from his plastic bag. It was entitled "Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief".

Yoongi: This book is one of my favourite books besides the "Harry Potter" series! It's the first book of the pentalogy "Percy Jackson & The Olympians"

Yoongi: This book is one of my favourite books besides the "Harry Potter" series! It's the first book of the pentalogy "Percy Jackson & The Olympians". It's about this guy who's demi-god, meaning half-god half-human, who goes on a journey to save his entire population of demi-gods. I think you'll like it, since you enjoyed "Harry Potter".
Jieun took the book from Yoongi's hands and smiled.
Jieun: I'm sure I will!
The food arrived a while later and the two of them tucked into a delicious Hawaiian pizza and refreshing cold beer.
Jieun: Yoongi, can I ask you something? I'm really curious about something.
Yoongi: Sure, go ahead.
Jieun: You know how it's been 6 days since we've moved in?
Yoongi: Yeah.
Jieun: I was curious whether there has been a girl in the house that you're interested in.
Yoongi hesitated.
Yoongi: I've only just been getting to know the three of you this week, so...
Jieun looked slightly disappointed.
Jieun: Ah, I see...
Yoongi read Jieun's expression carefully and decided to elaborate on what he had said.
Yoongi: I've always been someone who needs to get to know someone for very long before I can determine if I like her... that's why I can't give you an answer just yet.
Jieun smiled slightly awkwardly.
Jieun: Don't worry, I know what you mean.
Yoongi: What about you, Jieun? Have you found anyone you're interested in yet?
Jieun paused for a while and frowned.
Jieun: There's someone I thought I was interested in.
Yoongi: You thought you were interested in?
Jieun: Well, yeah.
Yoongi: What does that mean?
Jieun didn't answer Yoongi's question. She turned back to look at the Han River, an unreadable expression on her face.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Eana: Aigoo, he messed up! He really shouldn't have said that!
Jongshin: That's obviously not the answer Jieun-ssi wanted - look how disappointed she was after that.
RM: We all know she was interested in Yoongi-ssi all this while... do you think what he said might make her lose interest?
Jaewoong: It's highly possible...
J-Hope: It's so sad though, everything was going so well the entire date...
V sighs.
V: It's gonna be so hard to get everything right this week!