E9P4: "Maturity Beyond His Years"

{OST: "Love Lane" by MAMAMOO}

21st December 2018,
Heart Signal Day 20,
Friday

[Festa Fusion Cafe, 1:00 p.m.]

The day after Suran had settled her misunderstanding with Yoongi, she had gone out to meet a close friend for lunch. Her friend was chic-looking and evidently was much younger than her. He was tall, really handsome and had amazing dress sense. They were already tucking into a feast of cheese tteokbokki fries, kimchi jeonzza and ramen carbonara.

<Kwon Hyuk, Suran's close childhood friend>

[Heart Signal Panel]

Eana: Wah... daebak. Doesn't he look like a model?
Jongshin: He's handsome!

[Festa Fusion Cafe, 1:10 p.m.]

Suran: Is it good?
Hyuk smiled.
Hyuk: Yeah. Noona, how's things been going in the house?
Suran smiled.
Suran: Not bad.
Hyuk: Have you found anyone that you like yet?
Suran smiled and nodded. Hyuk's eyes widened as he put down his fork and looked at Suran.
Suran: He's a producer. I just listened to one of his latest songs today and it's so good...
Hyuk smiled.
Hyuk: Really? That's so cool.
Suran: He asked me to sing his song because he likes my voice... but I'm wondering if I should.
Hyuk: Why not! It's a good experience and afterall, noona likes singing, right?
Suran hesitated.
Suran: Yeah... but I feel uncomfortable putting myself out there to the public.
Hyuk laughed.
Hyuk: Noona, you have to learn how to come out from your shell!
Suran looked at Hyuk with a blank look on her face.
Suran: I guess you're right.
Hyuk: So how old is he... is he your oppa?
Suran frowned.
Suran: Actually... he's 7 years younger than me.
Hyuk almost choked on his ramen.
Hyuk: Really?!
Suran nodded slowly.
Hyuk: But noona! You broke up with the last guy because he was too immature and he was only 5 years younger than you!
Suran laughed.
Suran: Don't talk about that guy - he's immature not because he's young but it's just in his character. Meanwhile, this guy has maturity behond his years... You know, for noona, what matters more is their personality right?
Hyuk nodded politely.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Jongshin: She's really right.
Sangmin: That's kind of the same thing Yoongi-ssi told his friend too, right?

[Festa Fusion Cafe, 1:20 p.m.]

Suran: Hyuk-ah, the thing is... I think there's another girl who might like him too.

Hyuk: Really? Is she prettier than noona?Suran laughed

Suran laughed.
Suran: Not everything is about looks these days. She's a make-up artist and the thing is that, she's closer to the producer guy in terms of age... I wonder if he might take that into consideration.
Hyuk took a sip of coke.
Hyuk: What do you think right now? About how he feels?
Suran stared at the ceiling for a short while.
Suran: I think... he probably likes me a bit more?

[Heart Signal Panel]

Sangmin: Haha, she knows!

[Festa Fusion Cafe, 1:20 p.m.]

The two of them laughed.
Suran: I'm not sure, but there was something that happened and I was a bit upset, and he made a great effort to try to clear the misunderstanding between us.
Hyuk put down his cup and laughed.
Hyuk: Then he must really like noona!
Suran laughed.
Suran: I hope so! The thing is... I'm just really concerned about the other girl... she's really pretty and she has a great figure too.
Hyuk chuckled.
Hyuk: Noona, you're pretty, you have a great figure and... you're rich.
Suran smacked Hyuk on the head.
Suran: Ya!
Hyuk winced and clutched his head.
Hyuk: Fine, I'm sorry. No need to hit me!
Suran rubbed his head gently with her hand.
Suran: Fine, sorry. But you really hit my sore spot.
Hyuk: Well, that guy who chased you for money was just a jerk. I never really liked him anyway.
Suran laughed.
Suran: You sound like you're my mom!
Hyuk laughed.
Hyuk: Anyway, noona... fighting! I believe in you. You have way more than enough charms to make a guy like you.
Suran smiled.
Suran: Thank you, Hyuk-ah.

__________________________________
Author's Note

Kwon Hyuk is singer-songwriter Dean's real name

Kwon Hyuk is singer-songwriter Dean's real name. Dean and Suran have collaborated to sing a song before last year, and Suran seems to have a lot of respect for him. Not much information is provided about Suran's close friends, so Dean is acting as her close friend in this story.

HEART SIGNAL XOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara