E8P7: "Taking It Too Seriously"

{OST: "Words Of My Heart" by Kim Yeonji}

19th December 2018,
Heart Signal Day 18,
Day of Second Date,
Wednesday

[DDAENG Fortune Telling Shop, 3:00 p.m.]

After lunch, Seokjin and Suran decided to walk around the Hongdae area briefly, when they chanced upon a palm-reading shop. It said that the Running Man crew had gone to that shop in one of the episodes before, so Seokjin and Suran decided to go in and give it a go, even though neither of them really believed in such things. They sat down in front of the fortune telling master, smiled at them.

<Jung Hyung Don, Boss and Fortune Telling Master at DDAENG Fortune Telling Shop>

Master at DDAENG Fortune Telling Shop>

Master Jung: Hello, my name is Master Jung. Today, I'll read your fortunes. Who wants to go first?
Seokjin smiled at Suran and gestured towards her. Suran raised her hand.
Master Jung: Alright. So I'll need you to pick two cards from this deck of cards.
Master Jung spread out the deck of red picture cards in his hand on the table facing upwards and Suran picked two random cards from the deck. Master Jung looked at the cards and sighed.
Master Jung: There is a mix of good and bad fortune for these two cards. This card-
He pointed to one of the two cards.
Master Jung: -symbolises that you'll meet the love of you life soon and it'll last very long, possibly even lead to marriage.
Suran gasped and laughed at the same time.
Suran: What?!
She looked at Seokjin and saw that Seokjin was laughing as well. Master Jung gestured for them to keep quiet and continued his analysis. He pointed to the other card.
Master Jung: However, this card signifies a third party in the relationship. It may mean that there's someone between the two of you preventing it from starting, or she may come between you during the relationship itself. So beware.
Even though Suran previously said that she didn't believe in fortune telling, she seemed to be dwelling way too much on what Master Jung had said. She inspected at the cards and nodded slowly.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Eana: She's so serious about it!
Jongshin: Partner - Yoongi. Third party - Byulyi. I promise.
Everyone laughs.
Sangmin: It could be third party the other way too! Another guy liking Suran-ssi... maybe her ex?
Everyone laughs again.
Jongshin: Alright, let's stop speculating.

[DDAENG Fortune Telling Shop, 3:15 p.m.]

Seokjin: Noona, aren't you taking it too seriously?
Seokjin laughed, as Master Jung glared at him and Seokjin immediately put on a serious expression.
Seokjin: Alright, my turn now!
Seokjin picked two different cards from the deck of cards. Master Jung looked at his cards carefully and sighed, shaking his head.
Seokjin: Why? What's wrong?