E7P3: "We're Fine Now"

{OST: "Tears Like Today" by Huh Gak}

14th December 2018,
Heart Signal Day 13,
Friday

[Signal House Living Room, 6:00 p.m.]

The very same day, when Jimin came home from his long chat with his two friends, he found Yoojung sitting on the sofa in the living room. She was using her phone, but when she heard the sound of footsteps, she looked up and made eye contact with Jimin. Unexpectedly, she didn't get up to leave but maintained their eye contact, so Jimin took a seat next to her on the sofa.
Jimin: Yoojung...
Yoojung smiled slightly.

Yoojung: You feel better today, oppa?Jimin nodded

Jimin nodded.
Jimin: You see - I don't know how to begin but... let me just say I'm so sorry about yesterday.
Yoojung listened to Jimin carefully, nodding her head to acknowledge everything he said but not saying a single word to interrupt.
Jimin: I don't know what happened - I just drank a little too much and went overboard. I'm really sorry.
Yoojung nodded and smiled.
Yoojung: We all make mistakes from time to time, so I accept your apology. Thank you for coming to talk to me.
Jimin was surprised.
Jimin: Just like that?
Yoojung smiled.
Yoojung: As long as you know you did something uncalled for and are willing to apologise, I strongly believe in giving everyone second chances.
Jimin smiled at her gratefully.
Jimin: Thank you, Yoojung. You don't know how much this means to me.
Yoojung hesitated.
Yoojung: To be honest, I think Jungkook-oppa deserves a bigger apology though.
Jimin pursed his lips and nodded.
Jimin: I'll go talk to Jungkook later tonight.
Jimin looked at Yoojung and Yoojung stared right back. The silence was deafening. Finally, Jimin nodded and stood up, ready to leave, but he felt Yoojung's tiny hand grab onto his.
Yoojung: Oppa, wait.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Eana: OMO OMO OMO!

[Signal House Living Room, 6:10 p.m.]

Jimin looked back down at Yoojung. Yoojung let go of his hand suddenly, as if she herself was surprised that she did what she did. She motioned for him to sit back down. Jimin looked confused but did what she said. Yoojung hesitated.
Yoojung: I'm sorry for not telling you about the date with Jungkook-oppa. If you're upset about that I can und-
Jimin smiled.
Jimin: Don't say that, it was my fault for overreacting.
Yoojung smiled as well.
Yoojung: It was just so sudden - the producers messaged me to meet him at a cafe and when I reached I got informed that it was a date.
Jimin smiled.
Jimin: Yeah, I understand. You're free to go on dates too... I was just not being myself that day.
Yoojung smiled.
Yoojung: It's alright, I understand. And it was kind of my fault too.
Yoojung hesitated.
Yoojung: So... we're fine now, right?
Jimin smiled.
Jimin: Aren't we?
Yoojung smiled shyly and nodded.

[Heart Signal Panel]

The studio was in chaos as all the panelists started cheering upon watching the cute make-up session between the two. V threw his fists in the air.
V: They're alright now!

[Signal House Living Room, 7:30 p.m.]

Later that night, before dinner, Yoojung helped gather all the residents on the sofa in the living room for Jimin. Jimin stood in front of the members with an apologetic expression on his face.
Jimin: Guys, I just want to apologise for last night. I don't really remember what happened but I think I really must have made a big fool of myself.
Jimin bowed at 90 degrees to his fellow housemates before continuing.

Jimin: It must have taken many of you by surprise, especially since we've only known each other for a really short time

Jimin: It must have taken many of you by surprise, especially since we've only known each other for a really short time. I apologise for all the mess I made and inconvenience I brought to all of you guys.
Seokjin nodded.
Seokjin: Well, everyone has their shortcomings and since Jimin has already apologised, I think we should let go. Let's forgive and forget shall we?
All the residents nodded in agreement. Jimin smiled gratefully.
Jimin: In particular, I want to apologise specially to Jungkook, whom I treated with such a bad attitude yesterday - I really have no idea what went into me to speak to you so rudely and be so rough towards you when you tried to pick me up. I am so sorry.
Jungkook smiled.
Jungkook: It's fine, hyung. I behave worst than you when I'm drunk - there was once I woke up in a trash can after drinking too much.
The residents all laughed. Byulyi got up from her seat.
Byulyi: Since everything's all settled now, shall we go eat Jungkook's marinated crabs for dinner now?
All: Call!

[Heart Signal Panel]

Eana: I'm so glad they settled it well.
Jongshin: Yeah, and Seokjin-ssi was really living up to his name of "manner mediator" tonight.
The panelists laugh.