Chapter 1

I was sitting on a bench with my best friend, Evelyn, while we waited for a morning bus to take us to school. I was currently trying to stay awake.
"Don't you think that people can be just the worst?" Evelyn asked out of nowhere. My eyes fluttered open as she said that," What are we talking about again?"
Evelyn groaned deeply until people turned over to look at us.
"Boys! We're talking about boys remember?" She furrowed her eyebrows while pouting.
"Oh right." I rubbed my eyes.
"What's with you?" She crossed her arms in a 'mom' way.
"Bad dream, I guess." I shrugged hopelessly.
Which was not true. I had a huge test today and I had to study almost all night just to get even the slightest bit of information into my brain. Evelyn didn't care about boring school. She was much more of the party kind. So I'll just keep it to myself.
"Oh! By the way, are you going to the party tonight?" She raised her eyebrows with a smirk.
"Party?" I asked dumbly. Her lips turned back into a straight line in disappointment.
"The party before Christmas break! Come on! Everyone is going!" She grabbed my arm and shook it, which brought me back a bit into reality.
"Oh right...right. Yeah I'll go." I smiled weakly.
"Yay!" She let go of my arm and smiled as the bus approached.
We both stood up and waited as the bus stopped and the doors opened.
I took a step forward but then paused when Evelyn didn't move.
"Aren't you coming to school?" I asked her.
She shook her head," Only nerds go on the last day before vacay." She joked. I groaned at her response before walking into the bus and scanning my bus card before going to the back to sit.
I sat down in a seat near the window and I immediately put on my ear phones while I watched Evelyn wave at me through the window. I waved back while smiling. Although Evelyn might seem a bit rude or childish, she had helped me through a lot of hard stuff in my life in the past. You see, when I was younger my dad left home and never returned. Why? I have no idea. I don't quite remember his face either. My mother burned all of his pictures once he left and she cried for months after. She would just stay in bed most of the time, which was hard on me. But, Evelyn would come over on her bike and she would help me take care of my mom and myself. For that I am extremely grateful. The bus started driving and I continued waving until I couldn't see Evelyn outside the window anymore.

I sighed deeply while slouching down in my seat until suddenly the bus stopped. My eyes suddenly shot up once I saw a blonde guy trying to stop the bus from going on any longer. I watched as the blonde guy ran into the bus quickly while heavily breathing.

"Thanks Jerry." The blonde guy said to the male driver while winking. The driver groaned in annoyance before scanning the guys card. I looked away from the blonde guy shyly while he made his way over. He was really cute, wasn't he? Or was that just my imagination? "Is this spot taken?" He suddenly asked me while pointing towards the seat next to me. I paused while looking around at the other empty rows and seats. "Um..." I mumbled. "Great." He smiled while taking a seat next to me. I scooted over until my hips were basically glued to the side of the bus. Just ignore him Marlie. Just ignore him. I sighed deeply while shutting my eyes to try and sleep.

"I'm Leo, by the way." He suddenly said while holding out his hand. My eyes fluttered open and I looked over towards him. Woah, he is actually really good looking. With blonde silky hair and greenish blue eyes. I bet his eyes squint a little when he smiles.
"Oh!" I grabbed his hand once I snapped out of it," I'm Marlie." I looked down at our hands as we shook them sending a tingling feeling go through my arm. I pulled away quickly and I smiled weakly. I probably looked terrible right now since I'm so tired. I turned away from him and I heard him chuckle softy at my shyness. He mumbled something under his breath with a smile and I leaned towards him to hear better, "What?" I asked. "Oh, nothing." He smiled with his eyes squinting a bit. I eyed him carefully before turning back towards the window and slowly feeling my eyes grow heavy.

I woke up suddenly to a smell of pho leather mixed with a hint of scented soap. My eyes opened slowly and I noticed my head was leaning on something that wasn't the window. I picked up my head quickly from the blonde guys shoulder and he smiled towards me. "Morning." He beamed at me.
"What? Why?...Why would you not wake me up?" I rubbed my head embarrassedly.
"You looked so peaceful. I didn't want to disturb."

My eyes widened, "Oh my gosh," I ran my hand through my hair, "What time is it?"

He glanced over his watch before he looked back to me, "Nine o'clock."
I stood up quickly, "I'm late!" I quickly pressed the stop button on the bus and I started to try and walk around his legs but just then the bus stopped abruptly, making me sit on his lap. He winced in pain and I stood up and quickly jumped away from him, "Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry." I gasped with my hands over my mouth. His face was in the middle of pain and laughing at the same time.
"I'm sorry! Are you okay?" I asked him while putting my hand on his back.
"Fine." He groaned.
The bus driver was looking at me impatiently.
"I'm sorry. I have to go." I ran my hand through my hair, basically jumping on the balls of my feet to run out of there. I walked/ran out of the bus. This test at school was 25% of my final grade until the holidays. I had to be there. I quickly waved at the guy, Leo I think? As I ran out of the bus and down the street towards my school. I could feel my face grow slightly hot as I ran. That was so embarrassing. Geez, Marlie, get a grip. It's not like I'll ever see him again.

I finally ran into my school and I sighed in relief once I walked in while the teachers back was turned. I sat down in my normal seat and I slouched down while breathing heavily.
"Where were you?" My friend, Kai, asked me.

I was too out of breath to even talk. "Bus...sleeping...lap...ran." Is basically the only audible words that came out of my mouth. Kai furrowed his eyebrows to me.

"Wow. And to think I thought Evelyn was the crazy one out of the two of you." Kai joked. I rolled my eyes at that while facing the front of the class. It was true. Evelyn was a bit wild.

"Did you hear that a guy is going to transfer here next semester? I heard that he's going to examine the class today." One of the girls in front of me gossiped to her friend. My eyes froze. It can't be...

"Students, this is our new student." The teacher said suddenly. Some girls and guys started whispering to each other instantly. My head snapped up and my stomach dropped. Leo was standing in the front of the class. His eyes scanned the room until they landed on mine, where a slight smirk formed on his lips. I sunk down in my seat while covering my face with my hands. Oh my gosh, I can't believe he's here. He's here in my class.

"Hi. I'm Leonardo, but if you guys want then you can call me Leo." Leo said to the whole class, but he mainly kept his eyes on me. I looked away and I pretend to play with my pencil, which was pathetic now that I think about it.
"Sit anywhere you want." The teacher smiled towards Leo.

Leo walked over and sat in the seat in front of me while I pretended like I didn't know him. How could this happen?