Chapter 5

It's now been a month of being Leo's classmate and I've been seeing him less and less. Not because we don't talk. We do, but he has joined the swim team which is extremely time consuming.
"Don't you miss Leo? I miss him." Jacky mumbled sadly one day at lunch.
"You barely knew him." Kai snapped while stuffing more pudding into his mouth.
"So not true! Ever since he's joined the swim club, he's been missing and hanging out with his swim friends." Jacky sighed while looking somewhere behind me. Me and Evelyn looked at where she was looking at and we saw Leo talking to Amanda and a couple of the swim guys.
"I'm sure he doesn't mean to be missing. He's just busy." I mumbled as I stabbed my salad with my fork.
Jackys eyes sparkled and she grabbed my arm while making me drop my fork," Oh my gosh! You should talk to him!" She exclaimed.
"What?" I asked her confusingly.
"He'll listen to you. If you say we want him back to our lunch table, then he'll definitely listen if it's from you!"
I yanked my arm away from her," No way. I'm not telling him anything." I mumbled.
"Please. Please. Please. If he comes back then I'll buy you food tomorrow and I'll do your homework for a week. Please help a girl out!" Jacky pleased with puppy dog eyes.
I looked towards Evelyn and she shrugged.
I rolled my eyes before giving in.
"Fine. I'll talk to him." I mumbled.
Jacky stood up and gave me a hug while shaking me around," Thank you! Thank you! Oh my gosh, you're the best!"
She jumped up.
Oh great.
-
It was now after school and I was at the swimming pools hallway. I've never been here before, but it looks pretty basic. With white walls and a pattern of blue tile on the floor. I slowly walked into the main pool room and I saw Leo swimming.
What am I even supposed to say? Gosh, I really didn't think this threw.
"Leo?" I called out.
His head turned towards me instantly and a smile spread across his face.
"Marlie, hi." He slowly swam in my direction and I squatted down to get more in level with him.
"What are you doing here?" He asked while running his hand through his blonde hair. I gulped nervously.
"Well, you see, I sorta wanted to talk to you about something." I mumbled.
He nodded," Okay."
"Jacky was asking me if you would sit at our table again. I know, it's sort of unfair because you made all these new frien-"
"Okay." Leo smiled.
"Okay, what?" I looked at him weirdly.
"I'll sit with you guys again. If that's what you want." Leo said as he shook out his hair. I put my hands on my lap to keep me from touching his hair.
"Well, not me. Jacky does." I mumbled but then I quickly added,"But I wouldn't mind it."

"Well, Ill sit with you guys. That Amanda girl doesn't seem to leave me alone." He chuckled softly before holding out his hand," Help me out please."
I hesitated but then I grabbed onto his wet hand before pulling him out. Just when he got out, he grabbed me by the waist and he pulled me into the water.
I gasped in shock before we both submerged in water.
I was semi-freaking out under the water until I felt Leo's arms wrap around me and pull me up.
As soon as we both came up to the surface, I began coughing as Leo was smiling with his arms wrapped around me snuggly.
"Leo! What the hell? What if something went wrong? I can't swim!" I said with my hair all over my face. I hit him on the shoulder and he chuckled while he swiped my hair out of my face gracefully.
"Isn't this fun?" He smirked.
"What's fun? Swimming or almost drowning me?" I spat in anger.
"Both?" He said jokingly.
"Ugh. Just let me go." I mumbled as I tried to push him away.
He sighed as he looked at me," I'll let you go in a second." He mumbled.
I looked at him weirdly," A second for what?" I mumbled.
He gazed at me softly before looking down at my lips. He started leaning forward and I froze.
What was I supposed to do? Kiss him? I can't just kiss him. Not here. Or now. I felt like my heart was going to pump out of my chest as my eyes scanned over his face. Gosh he was perfect.
He was almost an inch away from my lips and his eyes closed when I splashed water in his face, making him pause.
"I need to go." I said quickly as I scrambled out of his grasp and I started walking back out of the pool. I walked up the steps quickly and I fixed my skirt before basically running out there.
-
"You what?" Evelyn asked while almost choking on her chips.
"I ran out on him. What was I supposed to do? Jacky likes him." I groaned.
"Um, kiss him. You like him more anyway." Evelyn threw a chip at me and it hit me on my forehead. We were currently at my apartment.
"I don't like him!" I mumbled angrily," I can't."
Evelyn dropped her chips bag and she groaned in frustration, "And why not?"
"Because! Because feelings can't just exist. I can't like someone and expect them to stay after we get married." I blurted out.
"Plus Jacky likes him. I can't do that to a friend." I quickly added.
Evelyn paused before she slowly picked up her bag again,"'You're talking about your parents aren't you?" She mumbled.
"So what if I am? My dad didn't stay for my mom. It'd just be easier for me not to like anybody. Ever." I grabbed one of her chips and I popped it into my mouth.
"I guess. But, you shouldn't let that stop you from liking anybody. Your dad was..." she paused before sighing," He was terrible for doing that. But not everyone's like him."
"Whatever. I don't want to talk about it." I mumbled while laying down on the couch and placing my feet in her lap.
"I just want to sleep." I mumbled as I closed my eyes.