Chapter 3

I was currently at the twins' party and of course it was packed like always. But, Leo wasn't here yet even though it's already eleven. Wait...did I even tell him the time of the party? I mentally slapped myself on the head at that.
I'll just ignore it. Out of all of the parties that they've thrown, I think this one might be my favorite. I love Christmas time and seeing everyone in Christmas pajamas makes me feel festive.

"Here." Evelyn said while handing me a drink. My drink was soda while hers was wine.
"They have wine here?" I asked curiously. I didn't drink at parties. I'm sort of a lightweight and it isn't pretty.
"Yeah. I stole it out of one of their glass cabinets when no one was looking." She shrugged.
"Here. Cheers." She held her glass up and we clicked them.
I smiled at that. I look up to Evelyn in a way, that she really doesn't care about what anyone else has to say about her. She'll take on almost any situation like an adult. I wish I was like that. But I can't help but stress over every little thing.
"By the way, who is this guy that everyone's been talking about?" She put her drink down onto a nearby counter and I sighed.
"Who?" I pretended as if I didn't know.
Just then a familiar blonde haired guy came through the crowd to stand in front of me.

"Marlie." Leo smiled. Evelyn's head shot up and she spotted Leo instantly.
"Leo, hi." I smiled back.
"I got you something." Leo said as he reached into his back pocket. I stood up straighter at the surprise.
"This isn't really a gift party though." I mumbled.
He didn't seem to hear me as he pulled out a pair of fuzzy socks out of his pocket. My eyebrows furrowed at them. They're not bad. They're actually quite cute.
"Socks. How interesting." Evelyn said as she looked down at them.
"Well, I heard it gets cold over here during winter so." Leo shrugged with a smile.
"Thank you, Leo." I took the socks into my hands,"But I feel bad because I didn't get you anything."
Evelyn looked away as I drank a bit of my soda.
Leo leaned in close to me while whispering, "It's fine. Seeing you if a gift."
I choked on my drink almost instantly when he said that.
Evelyn patted me on the back until I stopped coughing.
"Thank you." I mumbled to her.
"I see you didn't dress up." Evelyn said to Leo.

My eyes scanned his outfit and I was a bit disappointed to see he wasn't wearing festive pajamas. Leo's eyes traveled to wear I was looking and he chuckled.
"Yeah sorry. I didn't quite have any Christmas pajamas and I just came back from doing errands." Leo said nervously as he looked from me and Evelyn. Evelyn was basically giving him a death stare and I had no idea why.
"You want to go get a drink?" I asked Leo to take the edge off.
"That'd be great." Leo sighed.
"Great. I'll show you where." I grabbed his arm and I guided him through the crowd.
I stopped walking once he got to the drinks and I sighed in relief.
"Sorry about her. She's not usually like that." I mumbled as I turned back towards Leo.
He smirked as he looked over towards my hand still grabbing his arm. I quickly let go and I cleared my throat.
"What do you drink?"
-
Leo was currently chatting it up with a couple of girls on the couch. It was obvious that all three of them were interested in him.
"I don't like him." Evelyn mumbled towards me once she saw my gaze.
I snapped out of it almost instantly," What? Why? You don't even know him."
"I don't know. I have a bad feeling about him." She eyed him with evil eyes.
Leo looked over to our direction and he winked towards me.
I rolled my eyes playfully at him before I turned away. What's that even supposed to mean? A bad feeling?
-
I made my way through the crowd towards the outside. It was starting to make me feel suffocated when being around all these people, plus I haven't seen Leo for about half an hour which I didn't mind. It made Evelyn stop talking bad about him so.
I opened the door to go outside and almost instantly my nose burned and my lungs felt tight. Smoke filled the air and it took me a second to look at the side where Leo was smoking.
He looked over at me and he smiled with a cigarette in his hand.
"You smoke?" He asked me.
I shook my head," Just came out for fresh air."
"Oh." He mumbled, before letting the cigarette fall from his fingertips onto the floor before he crushed it with his shoe.
"You didn't have to do that." I mumbled before leaning on the wall.
"Nah. I want to cut back anyway." He shrugged.
I nodded as if I understood.
I felt so dizzy even though the cigarette was put out. I closed my eyes momentarily, and suddenly I felt my body go heavy.
"Marlie? You okay?" I heard Leo's voice in the distant ask. His face looked all blurry.
I nodded weakly before I completely felt my body go weak and myself fall forward.