Chapter 30

I looked down, feeling my hands start to shake. That dream repeatedly going through my mind.
I was currently sitting in the hospital in my pajamas from this morning, staring blankly at the space in front of me. I didn't call anyone or even tell anyone I was on my way here with Leo besides Evelyn and Kai who just happened to be evesdropping. Currently he was getting checked up after he passed out and I had to call an ambulance with Evelyn and Kai's help. They were currently handling paperwork.

My heart was still pounding loudly against my chest in panic. It was really scary. Seeing him get put on the ambulance and have an air mask on him.

"Ms.Campbell?" Suddenly a doctor appeared in front of me. I looked up at her, feeling a bit out of it.

"Leo seems to be doing fine for right now. But, can I talk to you about something serious?" She asked me. I suddenly woke up more.

"What's serious?" I asked her, feeling confused. She sighed.

"Leo's lungs aren't in the best shape. We strongly encourage for him to cut down on smoking before it becomes a bigger issue in the future. He's still young." She said.

I gulped," Yeah. Yeah I'll make sure he cuts down." I nodded slowly.

The doctor nodded," Do you want to see him now?" She offered. I nodded slowly.
-
I walked slowly into Leo's room and he seemed to be asleep on his bed, his eyes shut and his chest rising and falling slowly. I sighed in relief unconsciously before sitting down on the chair next to him. The doctor left and I looked over at Leo.

How could the chest pain make him pass out? Was it really that painful? Didn't he go to the doctor for that? Maybe I should've taken him. He probably didn't even bother going...

I felt my eyes well with tears looking down at him. It still hurt to see him like this even after he broke my heart. Why? This was so frustrating.

Suddenly his eyes started slowly opening, making him blink a couple of times to adjust.

"Leo?" I looked over. He looked up at me slightly, before a faint smile on his lips appeared.

"Marlie, hi." He said in a whisper. He sat up a bit awkwardly, not sure how to respond with what happened before he fainted, "What happened?"

"You fainted after your chest pains." I said calmly, keeping my hands under my legs so I didn't reach out and grab his hand. I wanted to so badly. But, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I still felt betrayed about my dad.

"Oh..." he rubbed his head.

"Leo," I scooted closer," You need to cut back on smoking. Apparently it added onto your chest pains."

He nodded," Yeah. I will." He said simply.

I eyed him carefully. Will he really though? Or is he just lying?

"I'm not lying. I'll cut down." He eyed me carefully. My eyes widened.

"How did you know?" I asked, shocked.

"It's okay that you don't trust me now. I get that you feel sad and betrayed. I would also. But, I stopped lying to you a long time ago. You have to know that." He said. His voice sounded tired and a bit desperate.

I sighed softly to myself. I didn't really have anything to say back.

"Just don't give up on us okay? I know we belong together. I just know it." Leo said softly.

I glanced over at him, biting my lip. I loved Leo. I really did. But I didn't trust him. Not anymore.

Suddenly the doctor came into the room, making us both look towards her.