Chapter 51

{authors note: if you don't know the song above then what are you doing?🤭}

Marlie
I opened my eyes slowly, letting my vision focus as I realized that Leo's face was in front of mine cutely, his arms wrapped around me.

He was asleep, his hair messy and his eyelids heavy. I smiled, scanning his face and feeling my heart full. I could really wake up everyday like this. No. I AM going to wake up every day like this.

The butterflies in my stomach formed again as I thought about that. Was I really going to be Mrs. DiCaprio? I reached my hand up, trailing my fingers along Leo's jaw, moving upwards until my fingers paused at his lips. I smiled slightly, taking my hand off his face and placing it in the middle of us on the bed.

I thought for a second when suddenly Leo's eyes fluttered open.

He smiled cutely towards me," Morning."

I smiled back," Morning." He pulled me close, pulling his face towards my shoulder and sighing.

"I missed this." He mumbled. I shifted slightly, trying to pull him away.

"That tickles." I mumbled, my hands on his arms as I tugged them back.

He didn't listen, but rather took it a step further and gave my shoulder multiple kisses, trailing up my neck.

"Leo." I squealed, trying to sit up. He grabbed my hands and intertwined our fingers making me stay where I was as he made his way up to my lips, kissing me openmouthed. My eyes fluttered closed.

He pulled away, smiling towards me and playing with my ring on my finger. Earlier he went to my apartment to get mine that said his name and put it on me.

"When are we getting married? I don't think I can wait any longer." He asked looking serious.

I sighed, thinking.

"It depends on where we want to get married." I raised my eyebrow towards him.

He sighed thinking.

"Let's just elope?" Leo looked over towards me. I laughed, hitting him lightly on the chest.

"I wish. But we have work." I mumbled sadly. Leo sighed, looking down.

I bit my lip, trying to consider if I should ask this next question.

"By the way," I trailed off. Leo looked up," How long have you remembered?"

Leo sighed, putting his hand on my cheek and caressing my skin.

"Before you left for Rome." He mumbled sadly.

I looked at him with wide eyes," Why didn't you just tell me?"

"I don't know. You seemed fine being on your own and I wanted you to have space and grow without you worrying about me. But, once you came back it was like there was a border in between us. Don't you think?" Leo furrowed his eyebrows. I nodded slowly.

"Anyway, I'm glad now. I get to have you all to myself." He smiled, hugging me tightly.

He sat up suddenly, leaving me laying down.