Chapter 29

"Do you need help?" He asked me as I stared up at him.

I wiped my eyes and sniffled,
"I'm fine." I mumbled as I started to stand up myself.

I began shivering. The man pulled out an umbrella and put it over the both of us.
I looked up at it, feeling surprised.
The man opened his mouth to speak but then suddenly Leo's voice was heard from behind us, calling my name.

I quickly looked at the man," Sorry, Mr. But I really have to go." I quickly said, before running away. The man gave off an evil smile as he looked back of me.
Little did I know...
-
"Thank you for letting me stay here. Jacky wasn't answering any of my messages or calls." I said, as Evelyn helped me lay down a blanket.

"No problem. Although, don't you think it's a bit strange that Jacky isn't answering? She always answers..." Evelyn mumbled.

I sighed. It was strange. But, it's not like she always answers my calls. Maybe Evelyn's but not always mine.

"Do you still not want to talk about it?" Evelyn changed the subject.

"Talk about what?" I played dumb.

"Don't do that. You know what I'm talking about." She sat down on the couch and looked over at me.

I rolled my eyes before sitting down also.
"I really," I paused and took a shaky breath," I don't want to talk about it."

"Is it about Leo? Do you want me to tell him something?" She asked. I knew she meant well.

If I was at Jackys house she wouldn't have stopped asking me until I told her. She liked drama. But she liked seeing me happy more.

"Just...If Leo finds me here then please tell him to leave. I need time to think." I mumbled.

Evelyn nodded and started to stand up," Just know that I'm here for you." She smiled. I nodded weakly and she left. I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I wiped it away instantly.
David was my dad this whole time? My teacher? Why didn't he just say anything?
I was in the middle of thinking when that creepy man came into my mind.
That was strange...it was like he was waiting for me there.
And then Leo, ugh. I felt my heart hurt. He used me. For debt. That whole time...in high school and even now. It was just a show? And my dad set him up to this?
I began to feel a lump in my throat, before I broke out into sobs.
-
I woke up slowly, my eyes focusing on the ceiling above me, getting in and out of focus. My eyes were red and my lips were swollen from choking back so many tears last night. I hated this. Heartbreak. To know that Leo used me... it was too much. I was so naive. So dumb. I gave out a shaky breath, feeling close to tears again. Suddenly I heard footsteps towards the living room.

"Hey, Marlie. You okay?" I heard Kai whisper towards me. I looked over at him and I sighed.

"I'm better." I mumbled, before slowly standing up.

"Woah, woah, woah. Where are you going?" He held out his arm.

"I have school." I said simply.

He shook his head," No no. You're too sad. I can't let you leave until you're okay." He moved me towards the couch. I wasn't actually going to school. I was gonna go for a walk. I don't think I'm ready to see David or Leo again, for a very very long time.

"Well, I can't just sit here." I mumbled, looking up at him.

He thought for a second," Do you want to order in some food?"

I shook my head," I'm not hungry."

"Then...do you want to drink?" He raised his eyebrows. I was tempted, at the least. But instead I just shook my head. I don't want to risk drunk calling Leo.