Chapter 27

It's been a month since Leo and I's almost date. Him and I have been going well, better than normal actually. We never go a day without seeing each other and I sometimes sleep over at his new place. Although, we haven't done it yet. And by 'it' I mean it it. I didn't know if I was ready to do it with him. He makes me more nervous than normal. But, isn't that a good thing? It must mean I'm really falling for him...
I smiled to myself when there was a knock at the door. I got up from the couch and I walked over to the door before opening it.
"Mother?" My jaw dropped at who was at the door.
"Hello, sweetie." My mom walked into my apartment. I gasped as she hugged me.
"Why are you here?" I mumbled, feeling at a loss for words," You should've called me."
"Where's the fun in that?" My mom laughed as she scanned my apartment. I closed the door behind her.
"How long are you staying?" I asked, hiding my anxiousness.
"For the weekend." My mom smiled before looking around. "Where's Griffin? I want to say hi." I rolled my eyes.
"Auntie!" Griffin suddenly walked out of her room and hugged my mom tightly.
I crossed my arms over my chest.
"How have my two girls been?" My mom looked between the two of us.
"I wouldn't know. Marlie hasn't slept here in a while." Griffin smirked.
I gave her a look and she smiled still.
"What does that mean?" My mom looked over at me.
I smiled shyly," Well, you see. I'm helping Jacky out with a school project."
"Don't you mean you're helping your boy-"
I stepped on her foot and she shrieked.
"It's a project." I laughed over Griffins whining.
"Oh that's good. Education is good." My mom smiled. I looked over at Griffin threateningly.
As if she's more innocent than me. Ha! I could tell her mom thousands of stories I've kept from her.
"Let's sit." My mom motioned for me to sit on the couch. I followed after her and Griffin walked away, probably mad.
"How's your life? Any men in your life?" My mom got right into the questions. I sat down slowly.
I hesitated. I wasn't ashamed of Leo at all. It's just that my mom was very hesitant around boys. I didn't want her not liking him. That would crush him, and me.
But, isn't it wrong not to tell her?
"There is a guy named Leo." I said quietly.
"Leo?" My moms eyes widened. I'm sure she's surprised there's even a guy to begin with.
I nodded.
"Well, I want to meet him." She quickly said.
"Mom." I raised an eyebrow.
"I'll go soft on him. I swear." My mother put her hands up in defense.
I looked away.
"Fine." I mumbled. My mom smiled,
"Tomorrow for dinner though. Today I just want it to be us." She grabbed onto my hand. I smiled towards her.
-
"Leo, where are we going?" I sighed, walking hand in hand with him.
"We're almost there. Geez." He laughed, pulling me along. I pouted.
We arrived at his workplace and I looked up at the big building.
I smiled," Am I really going to meet some celebrities?" I nudged him jokingly.
He groaned," Cmon. I'm a celebrity. Isn't that enough?" He raised his eyebrow. I laughed as he tugged onto my arm towards the building.
We got on the elevator and reached the top floor, which was the roof.
I instantly let go of Leo's hand when we arrived and I rushed towards the railing. It was such a beautiful view and the air was so much fresher up here.
"Like it?" Leo appeared next to me.
I nodded enthusiastically, breathing in the cool air. I loved hanging out with Leo so much. It's come to a point where whenever I see him, I feel like my heart is going to pump out of my chest.
"I wanted to give you something." Leo said. I looked over at him and he reached into his pocket. I raised my eyebrows as he pulled out a box, revealing a ring with Leo's name on it.
My eyes got wide.
"It's a promise ring." He laughed nervously,
"Look, I have one too." He showed me his hand and my name was embroidered onto the rings surface.
He took out my ring out of the box, before sliding it onto my finger.
"What do you think?" He looked down at me nervously.
I looked up at him, feeling the only words I needed to say slip out of my mouth, "I love you." I suddenly blurted out above the noise of a few cars driving below us.
Leo looked over at me, his eyebrows raised.
"I love you a lot." I said again, in case he didn't hear me.
"I love you too." He broke into a smile. I smiled back, before turning towards him and wrapping my arms around his neck. He placed his arms around my waist, breathing in the air and playing with my hair while in a hug.
After a few seconds, I leaned back to look up at his face.
"I want to go to your place." I said, eyeing him carefully.
"Wh- Like...right now?" He hesitated. I nodded. I was feeling brave today. Braver than usual.
Leo nodded also, before grabbing onto my arm and pulling me with him.
"Let's go."
-
Leo had gotten a new apartment over the last two weeks and this is my second time seeing it. I looked around. There was paintings on the walls, and numerous shelves with movies stacked. Wow, he really loves movies.
"Do you want me to take your jacket?" He asked slowly.
"Oh. Yeah sure." I mumbled, matching the same awkwardness as him. I took off my jacket and handed it to him. He placed it down before looking over towards me and sighing.
I looked up at him, feeling a bit regretful. Was I too forward? Is this too awkward? It felt right earlier...
"Do you want something to drink?" He interrupted my thoughts.
I nodded," Water would be nice."
He nodded," Please sit." He pointed towards the couch. I tried not to laugh at how formal he was acting.
I sat down on his couch and I fixed my dress sightly. He came back seconds later with a glass of water. He passed it towards me and I grabbed it with shaky hands.
"Thanks." I mumbled. He sat down next to me and there was silence as I drank my drink slowly.
Leo and I weren't trying to make eye contact, but I couldn't help but look over at him right at the instant he looked at me.
We both quickly looked away and I cleared my throat.
"Do you want to watch a movie?" He suggested. I nodded," A movie sounds nice."
He quickly got up, before walking over to his stack and picking up a movie.
-
It was the middle of the movie and I was laying down into Leo's chest, his arms around my shoulder and our fingers intertwined.
We were watching Romeo and Juliet and it was the moment when Romeo goes to Juliet after he killed her cousin. Crazy, I know.
I was playing with Leo's fingers when Romeo started taking his shirt off on the tv. I stopped playing with Leo's fingers and suddenly that tension was in the air again.
I slowly turned towards Leo and he was already looking at me.
I paused, before he slowly placed his hand on my cheek. He looked down at my lips and then back at my eyes as if a question. I nodded slowly and pressed his lips neededly against mine. I kissed back, feeling my heart exploding with feeling when he started sitting up. I moved with his motions and Leo pulled away the kiss for a seconds to smile before kissing me again, this time opened mouthed. I was a bit taken back by his tongue in my mouth so quickly. I tilted my head for a perfect angle and I smiled.
He grabbed onto my waist and picked me up, before walking over towards the hallway. I wrapped my legs around his waist, still not breaking the kiss. Our motions were slow, and careful as I grabbed onto the doorknob to his room and I pushed it up. He walked through and kicked the door shut.
He walked over to the bed before placing me down on it, not breaking the kiss. I ran my hands through his hair, feeling their silky presence on my fingers. He pulled away slightly to start unbuttoning his shirt and I helped him. He threw it across the room, before leaning down again but stopping right at my lips.
"Wait." He breathed, before pulling away.
"What?" I asked, while sitting up and sounding a bit too desperate. I cleared my throat.
"Are you sure you want to do this? I don't want to pressure you if you're not ready." He looked down at me, his hair messy. He gulped.
I nodded slowly, running my hand through his hair," I'm ready."
He broke into a smile before laying me down again and pushing our lips together again.
-
I slowly opened my eyes to see that it was morning already. I looked overly weakly to the left to see Leo sleeping, his hair a bit in his face.
I laid down so I was facing towards him and I scanned his features.
"Am I that handsome?" Leo suddenly asked.
I raised my eyebrows as his eyes opened.
"How'd you know?" I asked. I felt shy.
"I woke up an hour ago. I've been just waiting for you." He put an arm around me from under the blanket and I hid my face with my hands shyly.
"Hey. No. I want to see your face. C'mon." He urged.
I shook my head.
"Are you shy now? Even after I saw you n-"
"Shut up." I groaned.
He laughed.
"Marlie." He sung. I looked over at him slowly.
"Don't be shy. Please. You're beautiful."
I rolled my eyes.
"It's true!"
"Yeah yeah okay." I shook my head.
"What time is it?" I asked curiously.
Leo leaned over and he reached towards the clock.
"10:00. Why?" He raised his eyebrows.
"Oh crap. I have school soon." I started to get up when I remembered.
I wrapped the blanket around my body and I started walking towards the bathroom to change when Leo grabbed onto my waist and pulled me back onto the bed.
"Don't leave. Can you please just skip and we can just lay here? Hmm?" He put his face in the crook of my neck. I laughed," Leo,
I need to go."
He didn't say anything but instead just hugged me. I rolled my eyes playfully.
"I guess I could miss a day." I mumbled.
"Really?" Leo's eyes got wide.
I nodded while laughing. Ugh, he's so cute.
"Anyway," I scooted over so I was facing towards him," My moms in town."
"Your mother?" Leo looked at me confusingly,
"Why?"
I shrugged," I don't know either. But, she wants to meet you."
"What? When?" Leo said quickly.
"For dinner tonight. She barely let me hang out with you yesterday. I had to tell her I was going to Jackys house."
"You're an adult." Leo laughed.
"That's my point. She's controlling." I sighed. After a few minutes, Leo stayed silent, probably thinking deeply.
"What? What's wrong? Do you not want to go?" I nudged him. He smiled," No that's not it. I just have something I need to take care of really quickly. Will you wait here?" He asked. I nodded.
He then quickly rushed out.
What the heck? That was weird... so much for skipping school and staying in bed.
Suddenly the house phone started ringing and I rolled over to look at it.
I shouldn't touch it. It's Leo's phone. That would be rude.
I let the phone ring as I watched tv and suddenly it went to voicemail.
"Leo, it's David again."
I sat up quickly. Why is my professor calling Leo? Why does this keep on happening? How do they know each other?
"I have some important matters to talk to you about. I've tried getting a hold of you for a while now. It's about Marlie. Give me a call when you can. And if you want to talk in person my address is..." I stood up and grabbed a pen quickly before writing down his address.
"Anyway, you have to answer. Its urgent."
I need to know why they need to talk. And why...about me?