Chapter 56

I stood in the cold, looking around. Where would Leo go?

My mind immediately went towards the beach. I turned down the street, walking towards the beach in the cold air.

After 20 minutes of walking along the beach, I was finally about to give up. I should've just stayed inside and he would've come back. He's probably at the house right now wondering why I'm not there. A sudden thought of panic rushed through me. I looked down at my phone, looking at the messages and calls I had sent to Leo in hope for his response, but he hasn't answered. His phone is probably dead.

I sighed, looking up from my phone and getting distracted by a pier. A boat was next to it with lights. There was men loading up stuff in bundles, looking around. I tilted my head.

My eyes drifted towards a man with a beanie on, I squinted my eyes. He looks familiar. I walked closer, standing behind a couple of boxes.

"Nice job, Leo." One of the other men patted him on the back.

I paused. No way. That can't be...

My eyes must be deceiving me. Or my ears. That can't be my Leo. But it was.

Leo nodded slowly, turning back to a couple of more boxes. I sat down next to some boxes on the opposite end, running my hand through my hair.

What's going on?

"Glad to see you're here." A familiar voice sounded. I crawled slowly to the edge of the boxes, peeking out towards the voices.

It was Johnnys dad, standing in front of Leo. I clenched my fists. I always thought that I'd be scared, petrified if I ever saw Johnnys dad again. But right now I felt the opposite. I felt angry and frustrated that all I could do is watch from here.

"I thought we said tomorrow." Leo mumbled, looking at him with a death glare.

Johnnys dad shrugged, "Some things just don't go our way kid." He patted Leo on the back.

I didn't notice as a man walked over towards the boxes in front of me, leaning down and picking one up before looking down at the sand.

"What the..." he mumbled. I glanced up, making eye contact with him.

I tried to stand up but he grabbed me by the arm, pulling me towards him.

"Sir, we have a girl here." The man said, dragging me into sight where Leo and Johnnys dad were.

Leo's eyes widened.

"Ah...Marlie. I was wondering when you'd join the party." Johnny dad smiled," How's your back?" He stood in front of me with his arms crossed. Leo stood far behind him, looking down.

I gave him a disgusted glare, before spitting in his face (like from titanic😌). Johnnys dad wiped his face before glaring over towards me.

"Leo, say your goodbyes. We're leaving." Johnnys dad said, eyeing me before turning and walking towards the boat.

My heart dropped. Leaving?

The man pushed me and I fell on the ground in the sand, rubbing my hand harshly and cutting it.

I winced. Leo leaned down quickly pulling me so I was sitting up. He kneeled beside me, his eyes slightly watery.

"Please tell me he isn't saying the truth." I pleaded, looking at Leo desperately.

He stayed quiet, and instead pulled me into a hug, giving me the answer I dreaded.

I felt a ball form at the back of my throat. I hated this. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I began tugging on Leo's shirt, trying to make him let go of me.

"No. Get off." I cried, my voice shaking.

I pushed him harder. He still kept his arms wrapped around me despite the fighting. I hated him. I hated him so much right now.

"Leo, get off." I sobbed, pushing him harder. But the harder I pushed, the more he held on.

"How could you?" I breathed shakily," What am I gonna do now?" I cried again, my chest feeling heavily.

"I can't loose you." He whispered in my ear. I cried, my tears spilling onto his shirt. There was so many questions going through my mind. Why? Why were you doing this? Was he making you? Why would he do that? How is he out of prison? And the most important thing I wanted to tell him was that I was pregnant. But in that moment I couldn't even form those questions and things. I just felt so angry and sad. Why marry me if you're just gonna do this? Why buy me a house?

I continued crying, but my tugging onto his shirt to let me go had died away because I was too exhausted. I was way too exhausted.

Leo let go of me slowly once I stopped fighting. I looked down, I didn't even want to look at him.

"Marlie," he grabbed my hands, "I need you to do something for me." He said.

"Leo, hurry. It's time to go." The man who pushed me earlier approached us.

"I'll go in a second." Leo snapped back.

He turned towards me and I sighed.

"I'll be back. I promise you. And when I'm back, we can pick up where we left off." Leo brushed my hair behind my ear. I pushed his hand away.

"If you get on that boat then I'm getting a divorce." I said blankly.

"What?" Leo mumbled.

"I can't do it Leo." I looked up to meet eye contact with him.

"Leo, hurry." The mans voice got louder.

Leo ignored him.

"Marlie, you don't understand." Leo grabbed onto my hands again.

"Leo, come on." Johnnys dad grabbed Leo by the back of the hoodie, making Leo stand up.

"I told you a million times. To come. Don't we have a deal?" Johnnys dad raised his eyebrow. Leo looked down at me sadly, yanking Johnnys dads arm off him and turning towards the boat.

I watched as the boat loaded up and began driving away, feeling powerless and utterly heartbroken.

I cried again, although there was no more water to cry and I laid down on the beach sand, placing my arm over my eyes.

Leo's gone.