Chapter 10

Once Leo and I heard the bell that meant that Jane was probably home opening the door, we both shot up from the bed and ran to my room. I ran first, almost slipping in the process but Leo was grabbing onto my arm making sure I didn't fall. We ran into my room and shut the door just in time to hear Jane walk in.
I locked my door quickly and I sighed in relief.
"That was close." I mumbled. Leo laughed,
"Why is she back so early?" He whispered.
I shrugged, before guiding him to the bed and sitting down. He sat down next to me and he smiled.
"I wouldn't be opposed to sneaking around all the time." He joked. I rolled my eyes playfully as I played with his fingers.
"Sorry about this. I know it's not ideal, that you have to stay with me until my roommates gone." I mumbled.
Leo looked at me weirdly," I like spending time with you so so much." He leaned forward and I didn't seem to process it as he pushed our lips together lightly. I closed my eyes while I kissed him back almost immediately. I pulled on his arm to pull him closer to me. He did as I told him and he deepened the kiss, moving our lips in sync with each other. I slowly started laying down while pulling him over me.
I winced in pain.
"What? What's wrong?" He pulled away me while looking at me worryingly.
"Sorry." I laughed while scooting over and pulling the remote that had poked me in the back away from me. He laughed and I pushed it off with the slide of my hand.
"That damn remote." I mumbled.
Leo smiled and he grabbed my face before kissing me again, this time open mouthed. I didn't notice as my fingers were sent automatically to his hair, where I felt their silky presence on my fingertips and between my fingers.
Tingles got sent down and up my spine and I smiled into the kiss. My hands traveled back to to his arms, pulling him so he was closer. I wanted him closer.
After a few seconds, we both heard a knock on my bedroom door.
"Marlie, what did I tell you about the mess in the living room?" Jane sounded annoyed.
Leo tried pulling away but I kept him close.
"I locked the door." I mumbled against his lips. I pushed our lips together again. I felt Leo smile, "Oh." He mumbled.
After a couple of seconds he started again,
"Don't you think it's rude to..." he trailed off as he kissed me some more," Not answer. I mean, won't she suspect something?" He said in between kisses. Ugh why was he ruining the mood?
"Do you care?" I asked while pulling away.
"If you care." He smiled while leaning back to my face. I push my hand in front of his lips.
"Then hide while I clean up." I stood up and I walked over to the door and he groaned in annoyance," I didn't mean to go right now..."
-
After about two hours, Leo and I heard the door open again which meant that Jane had left for her yoga class every Monday and Wednesday.
I sighed in relief. Leo and I were watching tv in my room and he was laying behind me.
"You can go now if you want." I mumbled loud enough for him to hear me.
Leo groaned," I have a thing with my family in like thirty minutes so it'd be best if I left."
I stayed quiet for a couple of seconds. I didn't really want him to leave, but he had to eventually.
"I don't want to leave though." He put his face in the crook of my neck and I laughed as I ran my hand through his hair.
"So...you're partners with Johnny, huh?" He asked me.
I turned around to face him,"I knew that bothered you."
"What? No it doesn't." Leo scrunched up his face.
"It doesn't?" I looked up at him.
"No. It's just that. He's a bad guy. I've known him for a while and he's really the worst." Leo looked away.
"I can handle myself. Thank you very much." I mumbled.
"That's not what I meant." Leo defended himself as he wrapped his arms around me and put his chin on my shoulder.
"Just be careful. He's very manipulative." Leo shuddered.
Leo looked over at his watch and he blinked a couple of times.
"Go. If you keep on waiting then you'd never go to your family thing." I pushed him away. He was slowly sliding across the bed and he lazily got up.
"Fine." He mumbled.
I got up with him to see him out, "I guess this is goodbye then." He mumbled sadly.
"Leo, I'm seeing you tomorrow at school." I raised an eyebrow.
"That's too long. Plus I can't even kiss you at school." He pouted. My eyes widened. I never thought Leo would act like such a kid around me.
I rolled my eyes playfully," Bye." I waved.
He didn't move. It was as if he was waiting for something.
"Leo! Byeee" I lightly pushed him towards the door.
"Fine fine. I'm leaving." He groaned," Geez. You just want to get rid of me."
I kissed him on the cheek," So not true."
He slowly opened the door," Bye." He waved. I waved back and he walked out.
I sighed in awe. Ugh, my heart feels like it's going to jump out of my chest.
I walked back to my room and I froze once I saw Leo's lighter on my bed. He must've forgotten it?
{Leo's P.O.V}
I walked down the steps of Marlie's apartment and I smiled to myself.
A black car slowly slid in front of me. What was he doing here?
David rolled down the window and he looked towards me.
"Get in." David urged.
I furrowed my eyebrows. Does he not know where this place is? What kind of a father does not know where his daughters apartment is?
"How'd you find me?" I asked while lazily walking towards the car.
"Did you forget that there's a tracker in your watch?" David raised an eyebrow.
Oh right.
I put my hand on the car handle and I heard the apartment door open behind me, being followed by footsteps down the stairs.
"Leo, you forgot this." Marlie's voice sounded. My eyes widened and David froze.
I turned around and Marlie slowly stopped walking once she saw me and the car.
She looked at her dad confusingly while dropping her hand to her side with my lighter in it.
Oh no...