Chapter 34

{Leo's P.O.V} (Before Marlie confronted him)

I rubbed my head while thinking. Everything seemed so off. I didn't get how I knew Marlie. I don't even remember how her and I met. Isn't that weird? I walked into the building and I shook my head shrugging it off. Whatever. People forget stuff all the time. This shouldn't be serious.

Suddenly I got stopped with a hand on my arm.

"Leo!" A guy said in front of me. I looked over at him, before noticing he was talking to Marlie, but looking at me.

"You don't mind if I date Marlie. Do you?" He asked, smiling. I felt my hand get tight around my book. What the heck? Why was he asking me that? And why did it make me mad? I shrugged off this feeling, loosing my grip," Do Whatever you want."

"Thanks Bro. You're the best." He said, patting me on the back. I moved away slowly, glancing at Marlie who had her arms crossed. Something seemed off. Was I forgetting something? Why did I feel this feeling in my stomach? I sighed, rubbing the back of my head in frustration. What's wrong with me?

I suddenly felt a pain on my head, before turning towards the source.

"Ow. What the heck?" I mumbled. It was Marlie, looking angry and frustrated.

"'Do whatever you want' Really?" She eyed me. I gulped, before putting my book down.

"Why should I care who you go out with?" I asked her questionably. Was there something I'm missing? Should I care?

"You really don't care? Not at all?" She asked, her voice desperate. I hesitated. Can she read my mind or something?

I shrugged, before opening my mouth to say something else but she interrupted.

"Fine. I'm going to date him then." She stated stubbornly. I gritted my teeth.

"Great."

"Good."

"Fine." I raised my eyebrows.

"Fine!" She yelled, before going to sit down. I sighed loudly, sitting down also. Why did I feel jealous?

{Marlie's P.O.V}

It was after school and even though Leo and I were sort of in a fight, we still had to work on our project. I swear, this project will be the death of me.

"How about this?" Leo asked, showing me a couple of examples on historical figures.

I sighed, looking at them blankly. I was still a bit mad. But I can't help it if he just doesn't remember. He probably just didn't care enough to begin with.

"Those are...okay." I mumbled, not really paying attention. Give me a break, I have a lot on my mind.

"Pay attention, Marlie." He whined, tugging on my arm like he used to when we were dating.

"This is hard." I mumbled, putting my head on the desk.

He groaned, clearly frustrated. He stood up, and getting his bag. I lifted up my head.

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously.

"To the bus. Amanda's busy today and my car is at home so I have to take it." He mumbled, still a bit frustrated, but I could tell he was trying to push past it.

He walked past me, and I grabbed onto his arm, stopping him. He looked down at me.

"Wait for me. I need to take the bus also." I said smiling. Leo smiled slightly down at me and I reached over towards my bag, before standing up.