Chapter 37

Eugene laughed awkwardly," Amanda stop joking." He shifted his eyes continuously towards me, where I looked up at her with a emotionless expression. I didn't want her to see that that broke my heart. I couldn't.

"I'm not joking. Leo and I are engaged now." She smirked down at me.

She won the game. That's it. And right after I thought Leo still felt something for me...

"Stop joking, Amanda." Eugene's voice was stern and a bit scary.

"I'm really not joking!" She said, looking at him with a frustrated expression,"It's real." Amanda waved it in his face for proof.

Eugene grabbed her hand, examining the ring, before looking over at me.

"We have to go." Eugene said, grabbing onto my arm and making me stand up with him. I looked blankly, not being able to process the convo in front of me.

Amanda grabbed onto my other arm, making me stop.

"Aren't you going to congratulate me?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Amanda." Eugene warned.

"Congratulations." I said to her, tears filling my eyes," You win."

She smiled, letting the moment sink in, before Eugene pulled me away, pulling me towards somewhere, anywhere. I was crying behind him, letting all my tears go down my cheeks. I felt like I couldn't breathe. How could Leo propose to her? Does that really mean that I'm nothing? She won. Which means I need to give up now. But, it's so hard. I love Leo so much. I put a hand on my chest, sobbing loudly.

"Stop sobbing so loudly. Everyone's going to think I'm bullying you." Eugene said towards me, but I sobbed louder.

By the time we stopped walking, I was in front of a car.

He opened the door for me and I sniffled.

"Why am I Here?" I mumbled.

"Get in." He said. I sighed, getting into his car as he walked around and got in on his side.

"Here." He grabbed a tissue box and pulled some out, handing some to me. I took them lazily, patting my eyes.

"Why do you have tissues in your car?" I asked, while crying.

"Girls sort of cry in here a lot. Don't ask." Eugene shooed it off.

There was a few moments of silence.
"That girls a bitch." Eugene mumbled, looking straight.

I sniffled again, trying to forget it. I didn't see that ring on her finger. It couldn't have been real. Not in a million years.

"I guess you're right." I laughed coldly, wiping my eyes.

"Right about what?" Eugene asked, looking lost.

"I am unloveable." I mumbled sadly, recalling what he said about me only weeks ago.

"Hey, no." He grabbed my hand," I'm sorry I said that to you. I was mad and hurt. I really didn't mean it. I know for a fact that you're lovable. Trust me."

I looked away, my stomach felt genuinely sick from that ring...

"By the way, you're an ugly crier." He said, Trying to lighten the mood.

I cried harder and his eyes widened.

"No! No. I'm joking." He said, grabbing more tissues and stuffing it in my face. I laughed at the tissues in my face.
-
"Thank you for today." I said, looked at Eugene in front of my door. The whole day he was basically babying me and feeding me food or doing anything I wanted to do, which was basically nothing, but I appreciated it.