Chapter 16- Wedding day pt.2

I rushed back to Evelyn's room and I shut the door before breathing deeply from the run back.
"What the heck happened to you?" Jacky asked, both of them looking up at me.
"Leo happened!" I quickly passed Evelyn her cup and I plopped down on a nearby couch.
"Leo?" Evelyn's eyes widened.
I nodded," That was the worst conversation I've ever had." I put my hands in my face.
"How did he act?" Jacky looked at me with wide eyes.
"Normal? I don't know." I groaned.
I wanted to scream into a pillow.
"Well, at least you got it over with. Can you imagine if you first saw him while walking down the aisle?" Jacky laughed.
I looked over at her with death eyes and she gulped.
Before we could say anything more, a girl came into the room.
"Five minutes left. Are you ready?" She asked Evelyn. I looked up at her and my whole worries about Leo floated away. My best friend is getting married today. Why would I worry about a guy?
Evelyn nodded slowly, while standing up. Evelyn's dress was beautiful, with white lace and long sleeves. It's a total her dress. Her hair was in a bun, very elegant for her style.
Me and Jacky stood also.
"Follow me then." The girl smiled.
I looked over at Evelyn, grabbing her hand and guiding her out with Jacky following.
It was only a few minutes until the ceremony and I was getting nervous, I can't even imagine what Evelyn must be feeling right now.
I mentally slapped myself in the face. I got this. I'll just go out there and pretend like it's not awkward.
Music started and of course, I was the third one up, along with Leo. The other two girls were a few friends of Evelyn's, but she honestly doesn't consider them her best friends like us.
When it was my turn, and the guy in front of Leo moved out of the way, I spotted him looking directly at me almost instantly over the aisle. Once he saw I was looking at him also, he smiled a bit, almost a smirk. I stared at him a couple of seconds, before I had to walk over to him. He walked over to me also, having to interlock our arms and walk down. While we were walking down, I felt extremely nervous. And I think Leo could tell because suddenly he whispered," You look beautiful. Don't stress."
I gave out a nod towards him and we separated ways at the end.
Once I was waiting on the opposite side of the altar, I couldn't help but notice Leo still looking at me across the aisle, a smirk plastered on his face. Suddenly Jacky and Johnny came down the aisle, before Johnny looked over at Leo and then looked over at me.
This is awkward.
Jacky stood next to me and nudged me slightly.
"Why'd you have to have both guys like you?" She whispered. I hissed at her to be quiet.
The ceremony was nice, Evelyn's vows were well spoken of course, and I helped her write them. Which Kai's were more basic stuff, which I don't think she minded. She knew how he felt about her. We all did. Kai had a crush on her since Freshman year, and it only took him asking for her to be his partner during that poem project in high school for them to finally be together. I was more than happy for them.
They kissed and finally the ceremony was over.
After another walk down the aisle, the party really started.
While the music was blasting, Evelyn and Kai were dancing. I sighed while watching them. They were the perfect couple.
"I've never felt more single in my entire life." Jacky mumbled next to me.
I rolled my eyes.
"At least one of us got married." I mumbled with my arms crossed. I looked over at Jacky and I saw she had a pout on her face.
"Stop being so sad and go to the bar." I nudged her," I heard there's a cute bartender."
Her eyes widened," On my way!" She walked away from me and I laughed.
I looked back at Evelyn and Kai and I suddenly got my vision blocked by Johnny. Johnny was currently dancing with a girl named Deb and he seemed happy. I smiled over at him and he nodded his head at me.
Johnny and I aren't together. We were together  though, over a year ago. But I broke up with him. I just didn't like him romantically. No matter how pretty his face was.
       After a couple of hours, Johnny was with Kai talking and I was with Evelyn.
"What a relief." She sighed. I looked over towards her.
"What relief?" I looked towards her.
"Your mom arrived. I thought she had forgotten." She nodded her head towards the door and my eyes widened.
Oh no.
"Let's go say hi." She pulled me along.
"Wai- No!" But she was already doing it.
It wasn't that I didn't like my mom. Of course I did! But my mom was a bit strict and rather controlling when it came to me.
Evelyn dragged me to my mom and my mother looked over at me with a sly smile.
"Congratulations!" She told Evelyn while giving her a hug first.
Mother turned towards me next," Marlie! My precious child." She hugged me.
I patted her on the back. Since when does she say precious?
She let me go and gave a long look at my face.
"It's nice to see you here Ms.Campbell." Evelyn smiled brightly. If Evelyn were my sister, she'd be the favorite child for sure.
Everything Evelyn did was right in the eyes of my mother.
"Nice to be here. Now, where's your husband?" My mom looked over me, around the dance floor.
"I'll introduce you." Evelyn suggested, while walking towards the dance floor with my mom. I huffed out an angry breath and I waited patiently when suddenly the music stopped.