Chapter 33

It's been a month since Leo forgot about me and still no luck at the slightest. Every freaking time Leo and I meet up for our project, Amanda is there breathing down his shoulder. I'm purposely trying to take a while for the project in hope that one day. JUST ONE DAY. She'll be busy and won't come when we meet up. I honestly don't think I'll see the day.

Besides that, Leo hasn't really been the same. He's...different. He hangs out with other people, friends. And he has definitely been smoking more. I can smell him from my seat. It makes me mad. He's supposed to cut down on smoking. It's not healthy for him. But is it really my voice he'll listen to anymore? Nope. I huffed, looking towards the back towards Leo and Amanda. His arm was around her. I tried hard not to roll my eyes, before turning forward again.

I'm worried for him. I heard he got in trouble a while ago for attempting to steal a pack of cigarettes at the store. Was it really that serious? I sighed in defeat, putting my head down.
-
I waited outside of the library patiently, my books in my hand. Leo was late again. He was always late. He never used to be late when we were together...
Suddenly a panting Leo stood in front of me, his brown hair swept back and his chest rising and falling.
"Hey. Sorry I'm late." He breathed. I looked behind him and around him. Amanda wasn't here?

"She couldn't make it. An emergency came up." Leo smiled.
I pursed my lips together in thought. So this is the time to shine huh?

"Oh. That's fine." I smiled supportively, before motioning for us to walk in. He nodded.

"By the way, sorry that she's always here. I know you and her aren't on the best terms." He laughed awkwardly, making my head turn towards him.

"It's okay." I shrugged, even though it really wasn't. I couldn't just tell him that he had the wrong girl. Or that he used to love me like her. That would just be weird. I didn't want to scare him off...

"Honestly she's been annoying me for the past couple of days." He rubbed the back of the head.
We both sat down and I bit my lip, trying to think of something to say. I've thought of this moment millions of times, but now I couldn't figure out what to say, or how.

"Then why are you dating her?" The words slipped out of my mouth before I could take them back.

Leo smiled over at me surprisingly before sighing," Right? But, there's good in her. I know there is."

Weirdly, those words hurt. Why was it fair that she got to have Leo when she never earned his trust or love to begin with? It made me mad.
I sighed, changing the subject.

"I..." I started,"was wondering why your hair is brown. It used to be blond."

He smiled," Oh, this?" before grabbing a strand of his hair and trying to look up at it. I nodded.

"It's for my job." He shrugged, twirling his hair cutely.

"You're in a new movie?" I asked, my eyebrows raised. He nodded, "Might he. Still haven't heard back yet."

I nodded, opening my book and scanning the pages. I looked up, feeling eyes on me. Leo blinked down at me before smiling.

"Sorry. You remind me of someone I used to know." He laughed, looking down at his book.

"Who?" I asked curiously.

He paused, thinking," I don't actually know...Weird right?"

I laughed awkwardly,

"By the way," he scooted up in his chair, getting closer,"I know you from somewhere right? I thought it was weird when you hugged me that one time. But the more I think about it, the more familiar you seem. Plus, you hang around some of my friends, and you and Amanda seem to know each other." He thought hard.