Chapter 49

{Leo's P.O.V} An hour ago

"Oh right." I stopped in my tracks, turning towards Marlie," What are you gonna do?"

She hesitated," Probably get a taxi."

I nodded with a smile," I'll see you later."

She nodded as I turned around, fighting every urge to take her with me.

Once I got into the car, I looked over to the rear view mirror and watched as she slowly walked away.

"You okay?" Amanda suddenly asked. I looked away, starting the car.

"Fine." I answered, driving off.

"So, you still like her I see." Amanda mumbled from her seat.

I clenched onto the wheel.

"So you know that our deal is still definite." I eyed her. She looked back at me and blinked.

"You really are harsh DiCaprio." She smiled a bit sadly.

I stayed silent, looking at the street ahead of me.

"But, I will keep our deal for you. I know how much Marlie means to you. And as you said before...I messed everything up in the past." She turned slightly towards me.

I smiled slightly," That's good."

She smiled to herself, seeming happy to help when suddenly she tapped me.

"Pull over here." She motioned. I raised an eyebrow, but followed after her instructions.

She grabbed her bag, opening the car door and hopping out.

"This isn't where you live though." I looked at her weirdly.

She smiled, looking up at me.

"Just go and pick her up already. I'll be fine walking." She smiled.

"But-"

"Leo, it's okay." She closed the door, before waving and walking away from the car.

I sighed, hesitating.

Amanda and Marlie were both walking home alone right now... I thought to myself.

I bit my lip, turning on the car again and turning around, driving past Amanda and on my way to Marlie.
-
{Marlies P.O.V } Present
I was staring blankly out the window, feeling an empty feeling. What I didn't get was...why did Leo drop his flashlight as if he was shocked? It's not like he knows my dad. The old him knew him, but this Leo didn't. He didn't remember anything.

"We're here." Leo announced. I blinked looking around. How long have we been parked here?

I unbuckled my seatbelt, reaching for the door knob and pulling it open. Leo grabbed onto my arm, making me pause and look over at him.

"Do you want me to go with you?" He offered.

I shook my head," No thanks. I'll be fine. Thanks for the ride though." I smiled a sad smile, before hopping out of the car. Leo seemed like he hesitated as I shut the door, sighing.
I slowly faced the hospital and I got the chills almost automatically. I remember the last time I was here... I put my hand on my back, pushing lightly and feeling a small pain. I hate this place.
-
I met with the doctor and I listened to all she had to say, feeling my breathing go uneven.

"It's a fever?" I asked softly. I slightly sighed, feeling relieved.

The doctor nodded slowly," I'm sorry for calling you so suddenly. He had passed out and hit his head. But, he should be able to go home tonight."