Chapter 23

"Well," I started, looking at his stern face. I've never seen Leo this serious before. It makes me nervous.
"He kissed me." I mumbled.
"Johnny kissed you?" Leo narrowed his eyes, as if he was trying to get the facts straight.
I nodded slowly.
Leo scoffed, before standing up from the couch.
"You're mad." I stated.
"Of course I'm mad." Leo turned his back from me, running his hand through his hair while walking towards the door.
"Where are you going?" I stood up, walking about him.
"I'm going to talk to Johnny. No one kisses my girlfriend without my permission." Leo sounded angry.
He quickly corrected himself," No one should kiss my girlfriend ever."
"Leo," I grabbed onto his sleeve and I pulled him back.
"Did you kiss him back?" Leo looked over at me.
"What? No. No." I sighed shakily," It wasn't like that."
"Did you push him away?"
I hesitated. I didn't exactly push him away. Not because I wanted to kiss him. More like I felt like if I pushed him away, then it would've made things ten times more awkward.
Leo saw my hesitation and he quickly yanked my arm away from him.
"Right." He scoffed, opening the door.
"Leo, no. Wai-" He shut the door, cutting me off.
I bit my lip, slowly walking down and sitting on the couch in defeat.
Well that didn't go as planned.
Suddenly there was a knock on the door and I quickly stood up, walking to the door and quickly opening it, expecting to see Leo.
My smile instantly fell when I spotted a familiar face. It was my cousin, Griffin. She was two years younger than me and she was definitely the pretty cousin out of the both of us, or so I think she is. I sighed.
"Hey. What are you doing here?" I leaned on the door in defeat. She lives in Nevada (where my mom now lives) and she's not usually in town. If Leo saw her here, then she wouldn't hesitate to scoop him up. She loves attention, especially from boys. Plus, she had the looks out of the both of us. Actually, I heard that she's trying to be an actress.
"I needed someone to stay with while I was here. Can I stay here?" She smiled.
I thought for a second. She can't stay here. Leo's staying here. Or is he leaving? I really don't know. I'm just so confused.
"Um..." I mumbled.
"Great." She walked past me into my house.
"Come in." I mumbled, closing the door behind us.
I turned towards her, crossing my arms over my chest as she looked around, her suitcase in her hand.
"Nice place." She said it more sarcastically, but I didn't care. She was never my favorite cousin anyway.
"You can't stay here." I said, raising my eyebrows. She turned towards me.
"Why not? Come on. Marlie, don't be like that." She pleaded.
"I just...have a lot of stuff happening right now. I hope you can understand." I mumbled.
"Guy stuff?" She tilted her head. I rolled my eyes.
"No. Not guy stuff. Why are you in town anyway?" I changed the subject.
"Well, if you must know. I've been called for an acting job." She smiled.
"That's great." I smiled.
"Right? Please just let me stay here until I figure something out." She smiled. I paused, thinking.
"I have someone else staying here right now..." I trailed off.
"Where?" She looked around. I bit my lip. She thought I was lying.
"He's not here right now." I said through gritted teeth.
"He?" Griffin widened her eyes, as if she was surprised id have a boyfriend of any sort.
"Nothing. No one. They're coming back. So..." I trailed off.
"Fine." She sat down in a chair," If he's not here by one then I'm staying." She crosses her arms. I sighed loudly. I'm really not in the mood for this.
"Fine." I raised my eyebrows.
-
It's now twelve fifty-seven and Leo still isn't here yet. I'm starting to get worried.
"Tic tock. Tic tock." Griffin motioned towards the clock.
I looked away. Maybe I should call him.
But i don't even know where he is.
Once it had turned one, Griffin clapped her hands and sighed.
"Okay then. I'll sleep with you in your room." She happily dragged her suitcase to the room.
I sighed, laying down on the couch and looking up at the sky. I'll wait up until he comes back. Or if he comes back.
After an hour or two, I fell asleep on the couch.
-
I woke up with the sound of the shower running. I opened my eyes slowly, sitting up and rubbing my head. I was still in the clothes from yesterday and I was beyond tired.
I stood up, walking into my room and seeing that Griffin wasn't in the room. She must be in the shower. Leo isn't back from last night. I sighed, closing the door and walking back into the living room. I paused, once I saw a pair of boxers on the floor. I looked at it confusingly and I picked it up, barely with the tips of my fingers. These aren't Leo's?
I thought for a second.
Suddenly the front door opened and Leo walked in, looking tired and wearing the same outfit as yesterday. I looked up at him, feeling relieved. He closed the door behind him, before turning towards me and looking down at my hand towards the boxers.
I paused, looking from him to the boxers.
He must think these are Johnny's.
He clenched his jaw, turning back to the door and opening it.
"Leo, wait." I dropped them and ran after them.
He walked out and this time I followed him, down the hallway.
"Leo-" I grabbed onto his arm, making him turn around.
"If you didn't want to be with me that badly, then you should've slept with him sooner." Leo sounded hurt.
"Leo, those weren't Johnny's. I swear." I pleaded.
"Then who's are they?" Leo raised his eyebrows.
I paused, I don't know whose they were.
"I don't know." I answered honestly.
Leo laughed, almost as if he couldn't believe it.
"I have my cousin over right now. So maybe they're some guys that she met. I swear. They're not anyone I know." I gripped harder on his arm, afraid that he'd leave.
His face softened a little, but his eyebrows were still furrowed, as if he were confused. I wouldn't blame him.
"Your cousin is staying with you?" He asked.
I nodded," She came right after you left. And I told her you were coming, but she never listens to me." I sighed.
Leo looked down at me, before sighing also.
"I hope you know I'm still mad." He mumbled, taking my hand off of his sleeve.
"Right." I said, awkwardly putting my hands behind my back.
"I'll be staying in a hotel room for a bit, if you cousin is there then I wouldn't want to intrude. Plus, I need some time to think." He nodded towards me.
"Of course." I nodded along with him.
There was a moment of silence and he looked away," I should go..." he started.
"Okay." I said in defeat.
Suddenly Griffin walked up the stairs and stopped once she saw me and Leo. Leo looked over at her and I crossed my arms confusingly.
"Aren't you taking a shower?" I asked her confusingly.
She laughed," No."
"Then whos in my house?" I wrinkled up my face.
"Oh. That's Kyle."
"Kyle? I touched Kyles underwear? Who the heck is that?" I tilted my head.
Leo looked between us.
Griffin noticed Leo standing there and she smiled.
"You haven't introduced me to your friend." She smiled, changing the subject.
"Leo this is my cousin, Griffin. Griffin this is my boyfri-" I paused, making eye contact with Leo. Are we just in a fight or are we on a break? I'm so confused.
"This is Leo." I corrected myself.
Leo nodded, lending out a hand to Griffin.
"I don't do handshakes. I do hugs." She threw her arms around him. I tried hard not to get jealous. Leo awkwardly patted her on the back before she let go, looking him up and down.
"I guess, I'll see you later." I said to Leo disappointedly.
"I guess so." He said back. We both looked at each other for a couple of seconds, trying to make this moment longer. I didn't want him to leave, and it seemed like he didn't either. But he was mad. He stared back at me, sighing a bit.
Griffin looked between me and Leo.
"Bye." Griffin said in between us. Leo and I snapped out of it and he waved bye, before walking down the stairs.
As soon as he left, I looked at Griffin.
"So who's Kyle?" I raised an eyebrow.
Why would she bring a stranger to my house?
"It's just a guy who slept over. Chill. He stayed in my room." She nudged my shoulder. I shut my eyes, trying hard not to tell her off.
"Whatever. Just please get him out. Please." I pleaded.
"Yeah. Sure. I'm thinking of pursuing that Leo guy anyway." She smiled. My body froze.
Leo? My Leo?
I laughed weakly," Good luck with that." I mumbled, turning on my heel and walking into the apartment. She followed after me," What? You think I can't have him?" She sounded offended.
I rolled my eyes.
"That's not it. Don't take this as a challenge." I warned her. She groaned.
She walked past me, to the room.
"And make Kyle leave!" I called after her. She waved and I groaned. She's so irritating.
-
{Leo's P.O.V}
I was called today into work for a new movie. I was excited for the most part, but that Marlie thing still had me a bit on edge. I was mad. Of course I was. But more towards Johnny rather than her. I walked into the studio, feeling amazed by the amount of money that looked like it had been put into this production.
This must be a big movie.
I looked around, feeling a bit lost.
"DiCaprio?" Someone said next to me. I turned towards them. It was a guy a bit shorter than me, he had a clipboard in his hand and in the other, a pen.
"Nice to meet you." He switched his pen to his other hand and shook my hand. I laughed,"and you are?..."
"George. I'll be guiding you today." George nodded.
"Nice to meet you George." I nodded along with him.
"Let me show you to your dressing room." George said. Before I could answer, he was already walking away.
"Okay..." I mumbled behind him, following him.
Once we got to the dressing room, there was a girl talking to a guy.
"Oh!" George said loudly. My head turned towards him,"This is our main female lead." He pointed towards the girl. The girl turned around and I gulped.
Amanda freaking Johnson.