Chapter 6

Thankfully, today is Saturday so it's not like I have to see Leo right away after our almost kiss. I can instead mentally prepare myself for our next encounter.
I sat in my living room while staring out of my window which looked down two floors.
"Hey, Marlie." My roommate, Jane, said as she walked into the room.
"Hey." I smiled weakly.
"I'm going to be studying in my room. You know the rules right?" She put her cup on the counter and I tried not to roll my eyes.
Her rules were not to make too much noise and not to have boys over. I didn't mind the last one but the first one bothered me a bit since she gets annoyed easily.
"Of course." I mumbled.
She nodded her head before hurrying off to her room.
As soon as she left, I sighed while slouching down. Today's a Saturday and she's studying? Ugh.
I suddenly heard my phone vibrate on my counter and I looked over at it. That's weird. It's probably Evelyn texting about going out tonight. I reached over and I grabbed my phone steadily while glancing at the screen. I dropped my phone instantly as if it was hot potato.
Hey. Are you awake?—Leo, is what read on the screen.
Oh no no no no. This can't be happening right now. I was supposed to have time to prepare my answer. In person at that!
I quickly grabbed my phone from the floor and I read the words over and over again. Should I pretend the almost kiss didn't happen then?
My phone vibrated again.
Want to go for a walk?— Leo
Is this guy not scared to double text or what?
I quickly typed out an answer and then I put my phone down and across from me.
I can't. Don't feel too good...— Marlie
I waited for five minutes, ten minutes, until I finally noticed that he wasn't going to answer. I wanted to sigh in relief that I dodged him, but I couldn't. A walk with Leo would seem probably be perfect to get out of these strict rules from my roommate.
I stood up to leave the living room when I heard a few faint taps on my window. I turned back to the window and I opened it before looking down at Leo.
My eyes widened.
"Leo! What are you doing here?" I whispered loudly enough for him to hear.
"I heard you weren't feeling good." He smiled while holding up a bag full of snacks. I couldn't help but smile at that.
The only problem was how to get him up here.
"Um, hold up a sec while I figure out how to do this." I stuttered as I walked away from the window to try and figure out how to keep my roommate busy. Leo didn't seem to hear me as he started climbing up the side to get into my window.
Once I checked that my roommate had her earphones in, I walked back to the window to see Leo already halfway in.
"Leo, you need to be quiet." I whispered.
I grabbed his arm and I pulled him all the way in, making him fall with a thud on my wooden floor.
We both froze and I looked over at my roommates door. After a few seconds with no sign of her, I quickly and softly closed the window and I grabbed Leo by the arm, basically dragging him to my room and I softly closed the door behind us.
I sighed once we got into my room. I was more than relieved. If my roommate found out I brought over a boy then I'd probably be kicked out of the building due to her unnecessary complaints.
"Woah. Nice room." Leo mumbled in awe as he looked up at my ceiling and around the many many unfinished pages of books on my desk.
It took me a couple of seconds to process that Leo was in my room. Leo was in MY room. Ive never had a boy in my room before. Oh gosh.
He looked over towards my white walls with many quotes printed on it, mainly from famous writers.
"So, why are you here?" I asked while nervously playing with the doorknob behind me.
"Oh, here." He passed me a bag and I slowly grabbed it before looking inside.
A carton of strawberry ice cream and a bottle of water.
I smiled down at the stuff in the bag and I looked up.
"How'd you know strawberry is my favorite?"
He sat down on my bed and he shrugged," Jacky might've mentioned it. That girl really does talk a lot." He laughed.
"And how'd you know where I lived?" I put the bag on my table and I sighed. It felt like I was interrogating him.
"Jacky, again." He chuckled before he leaned back. He placed both hands behind him, leaving his lap open while he shook his hair out. You know when guys sit a certain way where it just makes you want to sit on their lap and kiss them? That was me right now.
I looked away from him and I cleared my throat.
"Looks like you're feeling better though." He tilted his head with a smirk.
I nodded slowly," Yeah. I am."
"Good." He grabbed my arm and he pulled me to sit next to him on my bed.
I sat down and I scanned his face almost immediately. During that whole conversation I could barely look him in the eye and now when I have him so close it's like I wanted him to look at me.
"By the way, why'd you tell me to be quiet when I got here? Seems suspicious." He joked.
I rolled my eyes at that.
"My roommate is sort of a serious type of person. She doesn't allow me to have boys over or make any noise." I sighed.
"That's gotta suck." He laughed," Why do you live with her then?"
"She's my second cousin. My mom thought it'd be best if she kept an eye on me so I wouldn't be doing anything bad." I shrugged.
"What about you? Where do you live?" I tilted my head curiously.
Leo smiled before he opened his mouth to say something when there was suddenly a knock at my door. Me and Leo's heads snapped towards it.
I quickly picked up the blanket from my bed and I motioned for Leo to crawl in.
He quickly got completely under the covers and I halfway got under them.
"Marlie? Do you have any idea where the remote control is?" Jane asked as she walked in.
"Have you tried the kitchen?" I acted casually.
As if I didn't have Leo under my covers right now.
"Yes, Of course." She groaned," Maybe it's in here." She said as she started looking around towards my bed.
"No!" I yelled as she started picking up an edge of the cover," I'm pretty sure it's not in here." I said calmly.
"Look, I'll help you." I said as I started to get up, Leo grabbed my waist and pulled me back into the bed.
What the hell Leo?
From under the covers, I felt Leo's hand grab mine under the blanket where he placed a remote into the palm of my hand.
Jane was already halfway out when I realized.
"Wait! Sorry. I had it here this whole time." I laughed awkwardly as I held out the remote for her. She eyed me carefully before she took it into her hands," You're so weird." She mumbled, before she walked out and closed the door behind her.
I sighed in relief once she was gone.
"You can come out now." I poked Leo.
He didn't move. I slowly pulled the covers so he was revealed lazily laying down.
"Has anybody ever told you your bed is so comfortable?" He mumbled. I smiled at that.
-
After about two hours of me and Leo just talking, he finally said that he needed to get home.
Luckily, Jane was already asleep by the time we snuck into the living room.
"Can't I just go out the front door like a normal human?" Leo asked.
I would let him do that, but every time the front door opens a little noise sounds and I'd rather not risk it.
"Sorry. Down the window you go again." I patted him on the head and he pretended like he didn't like it.
I opened the window and Leo slowly climbed over the window frame.
He climbed down a bit so he was face to face with me when he smiled.
"I'll see you later?" He asked.
I nodded.
He leaned in and quickly peaked my cheek before climbing down. I tried to hide my smile as he smirked.
I looked down at him and I waved as he got to the ground, where he waved back.
What a great night.