Chapter 20-Hawaii pt.2

Leo and I are walking on the beach. My sandals are in my hands. We've been avoiding going to our room. Not because something will happen. Cause it won't. I won't let it. But, because it's just awkward. Him and I used to date. And we made out a lot. Plus, I really really miss his lips. Gosh, I need to stop thinking about that.
I had a drink in my other hand. It's my fifth one and I think I might be a little bit tipsy. There's no way I'm going into that room with Leo, unless I'm drunk. That way, I can blame my actions on alcohol (please do not follow these life lessons. I'm a bad influence).
I was stumbling a bit while Leo linked our arms so I wouldn't fall.
"I really really like Hawaii, did you know that?" I smiled. Leo smiled down at me," Do you?"
I nodded maybe a bit too strongly.
"I like being here. With my best friends and you." I smiled.
"I'm not your best friend?" Leo looked over at me teasingly.
I shook my head and I stopped walking. Leo stopped walking also, looking over at me.
"You're a special friend." I patted him on the back. He laughed," Special friend? Right."
I sighed, before walking onto the sand again.
"You know, a friend who used to be your boyfriend, but you're still friends with them." I shrugged, taking a long sip of my drink. Leo stuffed his hands in his pockets, walking after me.
"How many special friends do you have then?" He asked curiously.
I pretended like I was thinking," Just you...and Johnny." I nodded.
Suddenly we both started walking past a restaurant that had slow music playing.
Leo slowly grabbed onto my hand pulling me a bit back.
"What?" I looked at him confusingly.
"Want to dance?" He motioned towards the music.
I hesitated. One dance wouldn't hurt.
"Okay." I nodded, a slight smile appeared on my face. I put down my drink.
He wrapped both his arms around my waist and I put my arms over his shoulders, bringing him close as we swayed side to side.
I missed being close to Leo. Now everything was sort of awkward, but right now it wasn't. It was peaceful and quiet.
After a few minutes, Leo spoke.
"Marlie," Leo said, playing with my hair," You look really pretty today." Leo said.
I took my head off his chest and I took a step back, still having my arms around his shoulders.
"Leo..." I looked up at him," Stop doing that."
He furrowed his eyebrows,"Doing what?" A slight smile on his face.
"You broke up with me remember? So stop giving me compliments and stop making me confused with all the..." I threw my arms in the air," the cuddling and dancing and couple contests. Just stop."
It felt good to finally tell Leo how I felt. Now I could finally get over him. I knew he didn't feel the same way.
There was a silence as I looked at him sternly with my arms crossed over my chest.
He looked down, looking at bit ashamed.
"I'm sorry." He mumbled, running his hand through his hair.
A wash of guilt went over me. It's not his fault that I was jumping to conclusions. I uncrossed my arms and I took a step forward.
"No, you don't have to be sorry. I'm th-" I started.
He cut me off," I'm sorry for this too." He grabbed my face quickly with both hands before leaning in and pressing our lips together. My eyes widened, not really getting what was happening. Leo was kissing me.
I didn't kiss back. I wanted to, believe me. But I'm just so...surprised. I took a little step back, almost losing my balance. Leo leaned back, holding onto my arm so I wouldn't fall.
"I want to be more than a friend to you, Marlie." He gulped.
I bit my lip, feeling a bit cold and confused.
I should be jumping up with joy right now. But I can't help but feel a bit surprised. Plus, I was still a bit tipsy.
Leo seemed to notice my expression because he grabbed my hand and put it on the left side of his chest, where I felt a faint heartbeat racing.
I looked up at him curiously.
"I regret breaking up with you that day. You have to know that. I came back, because I wanted to see you. When you said you were going out on a date with that Noah guy, it made me so jealous. And I hated it. I hated being without you. It was just so...boring." He sighed, tilting his head back a little,
"I'm here now. Because I still like you, Marlie." He mumbled, scanning my face for an expression.
"I..." is all I said.
Leo quickly leaned down while putting a hand on my cheek and pushing our lips together again. This time he kissed softly, almost careful. I closed my eyes also, kissing back softly and letting him pull my closer. The sound of waves in the background made the kiss almost better. I missed Leo so much. So why was I not happier earlier? I mean, he just confessed to me!
Leo's kiss was more passionate than any of the other ones he's given me, and that made me feel like this was real. What he felt, was real.
I pulled away, still having my eyes shut, before looking up at Leo who was smiling.
Leo looked at the water and smiled.
"Just...give me some time. To figure out some stuff." I said, nodding reassuringly.
"Take as much time as you need." He leaned down. I closed my eyes, waiting for another kiss, when suddenly I felt his lips touch my forehead. He leaned back, smiling at me.
"What?" I asked him confusingly.
"C'mon. Let's go to the room." Leo quickly said, before he picked me up and started walking to the water.
"What! Leo! No!" I laughed, trying to get out of his grasp.
He put me down in the water, leaving me soaking wet.
"Ugh! DiCaprio!" I stood up quickly and ran after him. He laughed, running away quickly.
-
Leo and I were sitting on the sand, his arm snuggly around my shoulders as we stared at the sea.
"Can we just stay out here all night?" I asked, sighing in the deep air.
"If you want." Leo leaned in and kissed me on the cheek. I smiled.
"But what about the room? Do I call Evelyn and tell her that her and Kai can stay in there?" I looked over at him.
He shrugged," If you want." He repeated.
I rolled my eyes playfully.
"Are you going to tell them about us though?" Leo asked curiously, taking his arm off my shoulders and instead leaning back.
I thought for a second.
"I don't think so..." I mumbled.
"Oh." Leo stood up straighter.
"I mean, I want to. But the last time I told them about us..." I paused, letting the sentence finish itself. Leo looked at me with concern.
"I just feel like if I tell them, then it'll sort of jinx us, if that makes sense..." I sighed while looking away.
Leo grabbed onto both of my hands, making me turn towards him.
"No amount of jinx could keep me away." Leo said, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I smiled, leaning into his touch.
"You know what I mean though." I mumbled, taking his hand off my face.
"Let's not act like a couple, if that's even what we are. Just for the trip." I nodded.
Leo nodded also.
"Okay. It'll be just like in high school then." He smiled.
"I guess so." I shrugged, before laying down on the sand. Leo laid down next to me, sighing and looking up at the sky.
"This is nice." He smiled.
"What is?" I looked over at him.
"I don't know. It sort of just feels like it's just you and me against the world right now." He mumbled.
I nodded. I felt the exact same way.
-
I woke up, hearing the sound of the waves and the sunlight hit my face. I groaned, opening my eyes slowly and sitting up. I looked down at my shorts and I saw that sand was sprinkled all over my lap. I slowly wiped off my shorts before looking to my side, where Leo was asleep on the sand. His arm was laid out, where I used it as a pillow all night. He had his other arm on his stomach and his face was tilted to the side. I could see chest moving up and down slowly along with his breathing. I smiled a little bit to myself.
Leo confessed to me last night...
I bit my lip, trying to conceal my smile. But it was no use. I had totally fallen for him again.
I leaned down, poking his cheek to wake him up.
"Wake up already." I mumbled.
He groaned grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers.
"I'm awake." He mumbled, sitting up also. His hair was all messy and I couldn't help but laugh.
"Here." I patted down his hair.
"What time is it anyway?" He mumbled, shaking out the sand in his hair, which was barely noticeable because of the blond.
While my hair is brown, meaning I probably look like a mess. But Leo didn't seem to care.
I looked down at my phone," It's already eleven." I mumbled.
I looked down at the text messages from Jacky. She had texted to all meet at a restaurant around eleven thirty.
My eyes widened," Oh crap."
"What?" Leo looked over at my phone.
It was now eleven twenty-one.
"Let's go." He said, quickly standing up. I followed after him.
-
We arrived at lunch and Jacky immediately stopped talking once she saw me.
"What happened to you two?" She mumbled.
I looked over at Leo.
"Nothing." We both said at the same time.
"You're wearing the same clothes from yesterday." Kai smirked.
I looked down at my outfit.
"It really isn't that." Leo mumbled. I quickly sat down in a chair next to Johnny and Leo followed at me.
"Whatever." Evelyn shrugged.
Johnny looked over at me and I glanced towards him, not really making eye contact. I felt terrible.
-
I was sitting with Evelyn and Jacky while the boys played soccer away from us.
Jacky suddenly sat up, making Evelyn and I'd heads turn towards her.
"I'm going to get some drinks. Want anything?" She asked both of us. Evelyn and I shook our heads.
"Okay," she patted our backs," I'm out." She got up, leaving me and Evelyn.
Evelyn sat up," I'm going to go swimming. Want to come?" She looked over at me.
"I can't swim remember?" I raised an eyebrow.
"Oh right." She sighed, getting up.
"Have fun!" I called out, waving at her.
She waved back, walking towards the water. I laid back down, tanning.
After a few minutes, I looked over to the water and Evelyn was out of sight. I sat up, feeling alarmed. She didn't drown right?
Suddenly I saw her gasping for breath above the water. My heart race quickened. I need to save her. But I can't swim, ugh.
I waved my arms around towards the boys to try and get them to look but they weren't paying attention. I looked around, silently freaking out.
Whatever, I'll save her myself.
I quickly ran into the water, where she was trying hard to swim. The salt water felt fresh, but it felt icky in my hair. I finally got to her, almost drowning myself. I pulled her towards me, trying hard to swim to the shore. But I couldn't. Now we were both drowning, and there was nothing we could do about it. I know Evelyn could swim, so something must be wrong. Terribly terribly wrong. Evelyn and I were underwater, trying to hold onto each other and trying to swim up with the other hand. I was already running out of breath, when I felt another pair of arms wrap around me. Evelyn and I were pulled apart and I felt someone pull me to the shore. They carried me to the sand and placed me down, while I coughed up water. Evelyn got carried and placed down farther away, where she was breathing deeply.
I opened my eyes and I saw Leo's golden hair against the sunlight. Leo's face was concerned as he looked down at me.
"Marlie! Are you okay?" He asked me. I nodded slowly.
I sat up, rubbing my head slightly. Evelyn was wincing in pain, at a huge cut on her foot, blood going on the sand. Kai was leaning in front of her, trying to see what happened.
"What happened?" I hurried towards her. Leo looked between us.
"I stepped on a sharp rock. Don't worry. I'm fine." Evelyn assured, although the blood said otherwise.
"That doesn't look fine." I mumbled.
"It's not. We have to take you to the hospital." Kai said, picking her up.
I watched hesitantly, as he walked over to a chair, placing her down and putting her foot on his lap.
Gosh, I hope she's alright.