Chapter 12

"Class trip!" Jacky yelled at the top of her lungs outside. Me and Evelyn covered our ears.
A few people looked over at her but Jacky never cared. That's one of the things I admired about her. She was so free spirited.
"Why are you excited over our class trip?" I mumbled while taking my hands off my ears.
"Why not? It's our last trip before we graduate!" Jacky jumped up and down.
"It's a bit depressing don't you think?" Evelyn sighed," I mean, we're all leaving in a few weeks."
I sighed also. I didn't want to leave my friends and Leo. I liked how we were all together and friends.
"Of course it's sad. But we have a whole weekend trip to have fun!" Jacky threw her arms around the both of us.
Me and Evelyn laughed.
Suddenly we stopped walking once we saw Amanda walking towards us. She stopped also, with her friend Bianca.
"Look who it is." Amanda laughed," Virgin number 1,2, and 3." She looked at each one of us individually.
"Are you really bragging about sleeping with multiple guys?" Evelyn raised an eyebrow.
"It's not bad to have experience before college. Especially if Leo is one of those." Amanda smirked. I clenched my fists and I opened my mouth to say something when suddenly Jacky spoke," Leo would never sleep with trash like you."
"We'll see. At the class trip, since I'm his partner, he'll be stuck with me for the whole thing." Amanda smiled mainly at me. Does she know something?
"Leo isn't going to sleep with you. Not even if you beg." Evelyn crossed her arms.
"You can bet on it. He'll give in." Amanda nodded before walking past us, her friend Bianca snickering. I looked across from her and I sighed.
"We can't let Leo be with that witch." Jacky mumbled once she left.
"Agreed." Evelyn mumbled. They both looked at me and I sighed.
"Leo can do whatever he wants." I mumbled before walking inside. Evelyn and Jacky looked towards each other suspiciously.
-
It's the morning we leave for the trip and I haven't really talked to Leo in the past few days. It wasn't that I was mad at him. I just felt so...powerless against Amanda freaking Johnson. I didn't want to mess anything up and get jealous over something so dumb.
I was struggling to get my stuff into the bus, when Johnny suddenly appeared.
"Need help?" He asked with a smile.
"Yes, please." I sighed. He grabbed my suitcase and put in the bus easily, where I highfived him after.
We both turned around and Leo appeared in front of me.
"Hey." He breathed.
"Hey." I replied.
"I texted you for the past couple of days." He smiled.
"Right." I mumbled," Sorry. I was busy." I smiled weakly.
"Are we still sitting on the bus together?" Leo smiled.
"I can't." I shook my head," I promised Evelyn. But maybe on the way back?"
Leo's smile flattened," Maybe." He repeated. We stood there looking at eachother and Johnny tugged on my sleeve.
"Let's go." He motioned. I nodded before walking with him on the bus.
I sat next to Evelyn, which was behind Johnny who was next to Kai. Leo walked in, glancing at me momentarily before Amanda approached him.
"Sit with me Leo?" She motioned for him to follow her. I looked away from them and he nodded slowly before following her to the back of the bus.
Jacky sat in back of me and Evelyn and she groaned.
"C'mon! We need to do something! Especially you, Marlie. Tell Leo to stay away from her. He listens to you." Jacky groaned in annoyance.
"I told you, Leo's a big boy. He can do whatever he wants." I mumbled.
"Evelyn!" Jacky wined.
"I agree with Marlie right now. There's not much we can do." Evelyn whispered.
Johnny turned his head slightly, as if he was hearing this whole conversation.
The whole car ride was okay. Most of it was just Jacky, Evelyn, and Kai playing games while I pretended to be asleep. I didn't want to deal with the thought that Amanda and Leo were behind me. I trusted Leo not to do anything with her. But, Amanda is so pretty. He's bound to leave me for her anyway.
The bus stopped suddenly and my eyes immediately opened to look outside. It was snowing, which was exciting. Ive only seen snow a couple of times in my life. From the touch of my hand on the window, I could tell that it was definitely colder than I anticipated for this trip. Jacky immediately grabbed her bag and was jumping on the balls of her feet.
"I can't wait! Aren't we three all getting a room together?" Jacky looked towards me and Evelyn.
"I think so." Evelyn mumbled.
Evelyn guided me outside along with everyone else and we quickly walked to our room.
"Woah!" Jacky exclaimed at the room. It was beautiful with two queen sized beds, and a big dresser for all of our clothes.
"I call one bed." Jacky quickly jumped to one. I didn't really care. Me and Evelyn have shared beds before when we were little, so it's not like we're not used to it.
"Okay," Evelyn shrugged, putting her stuff on our bed.
I sighed before plopping down on it and bouncing a little.
"We need to hurry because we're going to have to go to the main lobby to play games apparently." Jacky smiled.
"Games?" My head looked towards her.
-
"Hide and seek." Our counselor announced. There was a mix of emotions over that.
"It'll be fun." The counselor smiled.
We were all standing in the main lobby. Leo was standing next to me, but we hadn't talked. I hated not talking to him. I just felt so powerless against Amanda.
Leo looked over towards me but I pretended not to notice.
"Now," the counselor clapped," We'll put you in groups of three. You can only hide in the forest outside. No cabins." She warned. We all agreed.
"I'll pair you up." She smiled.
As she was pairing people up, I wasn't really paying attention. Leo was still looking at me and that made me more than nervous.
"What?" I finally turned towards him.
"Why are you mad?" He whispered.
"I'm not." I mumbled.
"You are. Tell me why." He was using his sweet, calming voice.
I opened my mouth to say something when the counselor pointed at me," You."
I looked towards her.
"You're partnered with her and her." She pointed towards Amanda and Bianca.
I shut my eyes and held in a groan. Of all the people to get stuck with. It had to be them?
"So? Why are you mad?" Leo tugged on my arm, bringing me back to reality. Amanda was calling me over from the corner of my eye.
I took his arm off," I'm not mad. Drop it." I warned. I walked over towards Amanda.
"Seems like we're partners, girlie." She smirked. I gulped.
At the end, Johnny, Leo and a guy named Deven were partnered together. While Jacky, Evelyn and Kai were grouped together. I would've preferred any of those groups over mine for sure.
I was walking behind both Amanda and Bianca. Bianca was holding the flashlight, looking for a place to hide. It was already dark out, which made this experience scarier than it already was.
"Did you hear that?" Amanda tugged onto Bianca's arm at the sound of a branch crunching.
"You do know that other people are hiding too, right?" Bianca raised her eyebrow at her.
"Obviously." Amanda pouted.
I walked slowly behind them, feeling a bit cold. I forgot to bring a jacket out here earlier, I mean, why would I? I thought all of our games would be in the main lobby, with the fireplace and warmth.
I still felt bad about Leo. I was being so immature for taking out my anger on him when he's done nothing wrong. Amanda is the one who's trying to hunt him down. Which, is a ridiculous idea.
I was too into my thoughts when suddenly my foot stepped on a rock unevenly, causing me to fall. I fell front first onto the snow without Amanda and Bianca noticing.
I slowly sat up, looking at the scrapes along my hands and my knees against the rock under the snow. I noticed my foot was stuck in a hole under the snow. I tried pulling it out, but it wouldn't budge.
"Hey guys." I called out to them. They didn't turn around or even hear me. I slowly tried standing up, before feeling a sharp pain in my ankle and falling down again. Oh no. I looked around. I never really noticed how dark it was around here without Bianca's flashlight. The snow was beyond slippery also, so it's not like I can leave without slipping and falling again. I gave out a huff of air, pulling my legs towards my chest to try and keep warm. It's alright. Amanda and Bianca will notice that I'm gone and they'll come back for me. Right?