Chapter 24

{Marlie's P.O.V}
"So, are you and Leo broken up or not?" Jacky furrowed her eyebrows.
I shrugged. I was currently on campus and she wanted to visit, so we're having lunch.
"I don't know. I don't blame him for being mad though. If the roles were reversed then I'd be mad." I sipped my drink.
"So you're totally over him?" Jacky raised an eyebrow.
"Of course not." I put my cup down," But what am I supposed to do?" I threw my arms up in the air in defeat.
Jacky thought for a second before sighing.
"It's so weird. You and Leo are always on and off and on and off and on and off-"
"We get it." I cut her off.
"My point is, maybe it's just not meant to be." She shrugged," I mean, he broke up with you and moved away for four years. And now that he's back, Johnny suddenly decides to kiss you and you told Leo? What kind of romantic comedy life are you living? Geez." Jacky mumbled the last part.
I rolled my eyes.
"I just want to be with Leo. I miss him so much." I pouted, putting my head on the table in defeat.
Jacky sighed, before patting my head," There there. Don't worry. You'll probably see him soon. Oh! I know where he's working. Maybe you can surprise him and say your sorry. All that sweet stuff."
"I don't think that'll work. Him and I haven't talked in days." I sighed.
Jacky huffed, "C'mon!," she tugged onto my arm, "I'll even go with you to make it less awkward." She nudged my shoulder.
I sighed," I don't know..." The last thing I wanted to do is bother him.
"Great! So tonight then?" She stood up with her food. I rolled my eyes. Tonight it is.
-
Jacky and I stood in front of a big building.
"Woah. So this is where he works huh?" I crossed my arms up at it.
"I guess so." Jacky looked over at me.
"Why are you wearing all black?" I turned towards her, examining her outfit.
"Why are you wearing red?" She asked me back.
"It's not like we're breaking into the place!" I laughed.
"Still." Jacky crossed her arms.
I groaned, before starting to walk towards the opening doors.
Jacky followed after me.
As soon as we got to the front desk, the lady didn't seem to believe that we knew Leo.
"We're his high school friends." Jacky said once again.
The girl looked over at us, not saying anything.
"Look, I have a picture of us all in Hawaii." I reached into my pocket for my phone but then I realized I forgot it at home.
Jacky could tell from the look on my face and she huffed.
"Fine then...I guess we'll be leaving." Jacky sighed. I nodded, and the girl seemed to go back to her work.
Jacky pulled me along to the side and looked over at me," I run one way and you run another." She whispered.
"Wait what?" I furrowed my eyebrows.
"Ready, set go!" She quickly sprinted past the security guards down one hallway and I freaked out, quickly running the other way.
After I had finally lost the security guards, I was backed up into a room. I looked around, feeling amazed by all of the costumes and the jewelry around.
Suddenly I heard some footsteps start coming towards the room and I looked around, trying to find somewhere to hide. I went behind a clothes rack and I made sure I was securely hidden.
"That was a great shoot." I heard Leo laugh.
Great. It's Leo. That means I can get out.
I was about to walk out when I heard a familiar voice that made my heart stop.
"I know right?" Amanda laughed.
What's Amanda freaking Johnson doing here with Leo anyway?
"I swear. You haven't changed much from high school." Amanda smiled.
I could tell she was flirting. ANYONE could tell.
Leo laughed," You think?"
"Yeah. Much more manly." She smirked.
I wanted to get out of here. I wasn't supposed to see any of this. Why should I know anything about this? I just wanted to leave.
I saw as Amanda took a step towards Leo and he didn't move, looking down at her.
"I had the biggest crush on you in high school." She confessed.
Leo laughed awkwardly," Really? I had no idea."
Amanda leaned towards his face and I shut my eyes, and covered my ears. I wasn't supposed to see any of this. Or even be here. It felt so wrong.
Suddenly, Jacky appeared at the doorway, looking out of breath.
"Jacky? What are you doing here?" Leo asked her. I opened my eyes, and she saw me.
"Um, THATS not important. What's important is that your director is calling you..." she looked towards Amanda," Both." She mumbled the last part.
"Okay." Amanda mumbled, looking at Leo and Jacky weirdly.
Amanda walked out first, and Leo walked out after without saying anything to Jacky.
Jacky slowly walked over to me, before opening the clothes rack and looking down at me with pity.
"Sorry you had to see that." She mumbled, squatting down in front of me.
I looked away, not really saying anything for a second.
"I just want to go home." I felt a lump in my throat. I didn't know if Leo and Amanda kissed or not.
I didn't want to know.
I just wanted some drinks.
"Can we get some drinks?" I looked up at her. Jacky laughed," Sure." She patted my head," You're so bipolar by the way." I sniffled while standing up.
-
Jacky and I were at the bar and I had had a lot to drink.
"Maybe you should slow down there." Jacky mumbled. I took another shot, putting the glass down and smiling.
"I feel so much better!" I threw my arm up, almost resulting to me tipping over and falling. Jacky reached over and pulled me up right.
"You're so drunk." She laughed.
"No I'm not." I mumbled," I just feel soooo much better." I sighed.
"And it's all thanks to Amanda freaking Johnson. Who knew that she'd be the reason why I'd get over Leo?" I laughed hysterically. Jacky sighed," Oh my gosh, you've lost your mind if you're actually thanking Amanda Johnson. You know, the girl who tripped you and had you knock over those science projects, and that one time she left you in the snow to freeze to death."
I put my finger up," That one was an accident."
"No it wasn't! Look, Amanda Johnson is ruining your life all the time. Now, do you want her to take Leo also?" Jacky raised an eyebrow.
I sighed, putting my head on the table," I don't care anymore." I mumbled.
"Leo is a big boy. He can take care of himself." I sat up slowly, pouring myself another glass.
"Fine. Fine. Drink as much as you want." Jacky crossed her arms," You're just going to have to let Cupid do her magic." She smirked.
"What is that even supposed to mean?" I asked sloppily.
"You'll see." She smiled with her eyebrows raised.
She paused for a second, almost hesitantly," By the way..." she mumbled while leaning forward," There's something you should know about what you saw at Leo's workplace."
I covered my ears to try and drown out the sound of whatever she was going to say next. The thought of Amanda and Leo kissing makes my stomach feel sick.
"Geez. Nevermind. You won't listen to me anyway." Jacky mumbled, while leaning back.
I took my hands off my ears and I drank another drink.
"I'm going to take a call." Jacky said, before standing up. I gave her a thumbs up as she walked away.
-
{Leo's P.O.V}
I looked around. It's pretty weird that Jacky told me to meet her at a bar of all places. Then again, Jacky is pretty weird.
I looked around, trying to spot her when suddenly I felt my arm getting tugged to the side.
"This way DiCaprio." Jacky pulled me along.
"Where exactly are we going?" I asked confusingly. Jacky stopped walking, facing towards a drunk Marlie.
She was dancing along with a couple of people and I looked at Jacky confusingly.
"Can you please take her home? I have to leave for an...emergency." Jacky hesitated.
I sighed, before stuffing my hands in my pockets.
"Sure. But why is she so drunk?" I tilted my head.
Jacky shrugged," Why don't you ask her yourself?"
Jacky patted me on the back, before basically running out.
Oh great.
-
{Marlie's P.O.V}
I turned around, looking for Jacky and dancing when I suddenly felt someone pull on my arm. I looked towards them and I was surprised to see it was Leo.
"Leo? What are you doing here?" I asked him confusingly.
"C'mon. I'm here to take you home." He pulled me along. Before I could say anything else we were already outside. For sure I'm not going to remember most of this tomorrow.
I had walked out first, followed by Leo who was walking steadily behind me.
I wobbled a little, not being able to walk straight.
"Marlie, can't you walk straight?" Leo teased behind me.
"I am walking straight." I said unconvincingly. I wobbled to the side before getting my balance again.
Leo came behind me, before holding onto my arm, making sure I didn't fall as I smiled.
"Where's Jacky?" I asked him.
"She said she had something important." Leo looked over at me.
"Right. Of course." I said almost sarcastically.
"Are you okay? I mean—" Leo gulped," You're really drunk." He laughed.
"I'm fine. See?" I let go of him," I can walk in a straight line." I crossed my arms before almost falling. Leo grabbed onto my arm again.
"Here." He got in front of me so that I could get onto his back.
"I don't want to." I mumbled.
"Just do it. This way it'll be easier." He mumbled. I sighed while climbing onto his back. He stood up and I put my chin on his shoulder.
"Anyway, I meant,  there has to be a reason why you got drunk right?" He smiled.
Suddenly I felt my stomach lurch up again, and I looked away from Leo. I felt sick mainly because of the alcohol for the most part.
"I don't want to talk about it." I finally said, once the nauseousness had left.
"Okay. Okay." Leo nodded.
There was a few seconds of silence.
"Do you know where your apartment is from here? I can't seem to remember." Leo confessed.
I looked around, trying to take in my surroundings.
"I don't know. I've never been to this part of town." I sighed, obviously I was a mess.
Leo laughed before patting my arm supportively.
"Okay Okay. It's fine. We'll just go to my hotel room." He laughed.
My body froze.
"Your what?" I leaned off of him, almost falling backwards. He pulled me back.
"Don't worry. I'll take you back tomorrow. But right now you're obviously too drunk. And the hotel is closer anyway." Leo turned around.
I sighed, putting my head on his shoulder in defeat.
Great.
-
When Leo and I got to his hotel room, I was basically half asleep when he kicked the door shut. Leo placed me on the bed, getting weighed down by me as I dragged him onto the bed with me. I was laying on top of him, and he hesitated.
"What are you doing?" He asked nervously, my hand still on his shirt tightly.
He hesitated and blinked up at me.
"I'm sorry." I mumbled.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
I groaned, basically rolling myself off of him.
"I saw you and Amanda." I confessed.
"You what?" Leo looked over at me," You were spying on me?"
"No!" I covered my face with my hands," No. It wasn't like that. I was there to surprise you and tell you that I'm sorry. And then you just...walked in with her so I hid." I bit my lip.
"What exactly did you see?" Leo asked, putting his arms behind his head.
"I was there when..." I pouted, while pointing a finger in his face," When you guys got all smoochie whoopie."
"Smoochie whoopie? Are you making up words now?" He laughed.
"No! I saw you guys. Kiss! Yup! I saw it." I put my hands up.
"You think me and Amanda kissed?" Leo raised his eyebrows.
"Well, Yeah." I mumbled. Why am I getting the feeling that they didn't?
"Geez, Marlie." He sat up and I looked over at him.
"I didn't kiss her." He furrowed his eyebrows.
"You didn't?" I sighed.
"Of course not. I like you, Marlie Campbell." He smiled.
"But...aren't you still mad?" I asked.
Leo thought for a second," No. Not really. Seeing how you reacted today, I'm guessing that you actually want to be with me." He smiled, squinting his eyes a bit.
I bit my lip, not really knowing what to say.
"But, Amanda Johnson is so-" he cut me off by grabbing me suddenly, flipping us both over so he was on top. I froze, looking up at his face, my heart suddenly thumping out of my chest.
He looked down at me, blinking slowly.
"Can you please stop talking about Amanda? You're killing my mood." He narrowed his eyes at me.
I gulped nervously.
"What?" He hummed," Isn't this what you wanted?" He whispered.
I just stared back at him, almost speechless.
"I..." is all I said.
Leo leaned down, softly pushing our lips together. I closed my eyes instantly, kissing him back.
What a turn of events.