Chapter 54

Please tell me I'm dreaming right now. I can't be late. Not right now. I gulped.

"Hey, aren't you gonna sleep?" Leo asked over my shoulder in a groggy voice. I flinched, dropping my phone as his arms wrapped around my stomach. My heart race quickened as I grabbed my phone.

"Yeah. Sorry." I mumbled, placing my phone on the side and laying down with Leo's arms wrapped snuggly around my stomach. My stomach...
-
I looked in the mirror and picked up my shirt, looking intensely at my stomach. Could I...?

I heard a knock at the door and I let go of my shirt.

"Marlie, I'm heading out okay?" Leo said on the opposite side.

"Okay. Have fun." I said back.

I could still feel his presence for a couple of seconds as if he was hesitating.

"I love you." He said.

I reached to the doorknob, pulling it open. My eyes landed on him cutely standing there. "I love you too." I smiled. Leo nodded, before walking away.

I sighed, slouching next to the doorframe. Leo and I haven't really been talking as much lately. I guess we both have stuff going on... but it made me worried with him. He was quiet and was almost always out. It's like we're already drifting away from each other. If I was pregnant, would I really be able to tell him right now?

Jackys P.O.V
I looked up at the house and I sighed. Maybe this wasn't the best idea. I looked around hesitantly. The door to the house opened quickly, and an arm grabbed me, pulling me inside. I gasped, hearing the door shut quickly.

"You said you wanted to see me." Marlies dad, David, stood in front of me. I gulped.

"I..." I mumbled, looking down at my hands. I felt terrible. Having to keep this secret that Leo will be forced to leave Marlie when they're getting married. It was all terrible.

"He's back, isn't he?" David asked, already reading my mind.

"I-I didn't know who else to go to." I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

David sighed, rubbing his temples with his fingers.

"What do I do? I can't just do nothing." I cried, feeling a ball form in the back of my throat.

"Don't tell Marlie or Leo." David stood up," I'll handle it. He can't get what he wants from my daughter. I won't allow it."

I closed my eyes and pressed my lips together. I hated this. I hated this so much.

Leo's P.O.V
I walked into the bar and I looked around, my eyes finally spotting a girl sitting down with a drink in front of her. I walked past the people and made my way over, sliding into the chair next to her.

"Oh. You're here." Amanda mumbled, drinking some of her drink.

"Have they found him?" I got straight to the point. Amanda shook her head.

"He seems to be good at hiding that's for sure..."

On the day of Evelyn and Kai's babies birth, Eugene had pulled me aside and told me something I didn't think I'd hear for a while.

{a month ago}
"What?" I felt my stomach drop.

"He's back in town and he wants you to go with him." Eugene whispered.

"Wha...but how?" My Brain was heavy with questions.

"He's using Jacky to get to you. She really doesn't want to, but if she doesn't then he's going to take Johnny and Marlie." Eugene continued.