Chapter 22

"I should...get that." I mumbled, quickly reaching for my phone.
Johnny nodded awkwardly.
I answered the phone without looking at the ID," Hello?"
"Marlie! I've been trying to reach you all day." I heard Jackys voice. I stood up," Jacky!"
"How's Evelyn?" I asked.
"She's fine. She has a few stitches and she has to walk on crutches for a couple of days though. But still, she's fine. Her and Kai are leaving the hospital soon."
"That's great!" I started walking around the room.
"Oh, and all of our phones were dead, so we couldn't call you." She sounded sorry.
I nodded.
"That's okay. Anyway, where are you now?" I asked. I just wanted to leave this room to think.
"In my room. I just plugged my phone in." She laughed.
I walked out of the room, whispering," Can I go over?"
"What? Why? Where are you? And why are you whispering?" She asked.
I sighed," I just need to think. Please."
"Fine. Come over." I could feel her shrug from the sound of her voice.
"Okay. Great. Thank you." I said quickly, while hanging up.
-
It's the next day and our flight is today, early in the morning. I was, for the most part, excited to see Leo today. But, do I tell him that Johnny kissed me? Maybe not...
I slung my bag over my shoulder and there was a knock at the door.
I walked over and I opened it to see Johnny. He looked nervous.
"Hi." He started.
"Hi." I mumbled.
"I'm sorry about yesterday." He said. I looked at him confusingly," For springing my feelings onto you like that."
I didn't want to say it was fine. Because it really wasn't.
"Okay." I said.
"I just stopped by to say that..." He looked eager to turn just walk away.
"I'm sorry Johnny. I just, don't have those feelings for you." I bit my lip.
Johnny nodded slowly.
"Expected." He mumbled.
"Johnny..." I wanted to say more but he cut me off.
"I should go. My flight is an hour before yours so..." He said, before quickly walking away.
I sighed to myself. That was terrible.
-
When Jacky and I landed in the airport (Evelyn and Kai are coming back days from now for their "honeymoon"), I got off of the airplane with Jacky. She seemed to know that something was bothering me, but she didn't push to ask, which I was grateful for.
While I was getting my luggage, I saw a familiar face.
"Leo!" My eyes flashed once I saw him. He held out his arms and I ran over to him, throwing my arms over his shoulders. He picked me up, giving me a little twirl.
"I missed you." I smiled once he put me down, my hands on his shoulders.
"I missed you too." He smiled back. He leaned down for a kiss, but stopped when we heard a familiar voice.
"My turn. My turn!" Jacky said behind me. She held her arms out for Leo to hug her. Leo laughed and I rolled my eyes playfully, moving out of the way.
Jacky jumped into Leo's arms and he twirled her before putting her down.
She sighed," It's so nice that you two are a couple again." She perked up.
Leo and I's eyes widened.
"You know?!" We both said at the same time.
"Well, duh. You guys make everything so obvious." Jacky smirked.
"Does Johnny know?" I asked quickly.
"No. I'm the only one. And I'll keep it a secret for you. If you'd like." She smiled.
I know that's a lie. Jacky is terrible at secrets.
"I'm serious Jacky. Don't tell anyone." I warned.
"I won't." She said sternly.
"But if you guys get married," she pointed a finger at Leo," Make sure you remember who helped you keep it a secret. And make me your maid of honor." She pointed a finger at me.
I narrowed my eyes. Back when we were in high school, me, Evelyn and Jacky all made a deal that we'd all be each other's maid of honors. So since Jacky was Evelyn's, that means that Evelyn is mine and I'm Jacky's.
"You know I can't promise that." I said too quickly. Then I made eye contact with Leo before quickly saying," And IM not getting married!" I said way too loudly.
"Fine. Whatever." Jacky shrugged," It was worth the try."
She walked away and I groaned.
"Sorry about that. Her and her active imagination." I laughed nervously. I wasn't sure if Leo was freaked out easily about marriage or not. Plus, we've only been dating a day. Well, if you don't count the months before.
Leo smiled and I looked at him weirdly.
"What?" I asked.
"You're so cute when you're flustered." He smiled. He kissed me on the cheek and I suddenly felt self conscious. My cheeks turned pink.
"I'm not." I mumbled.
"Oh, yeah? Then do you want to get married?" He joked. My eyes widened.
"What?" I stuttered.
"See?" He pinched my cheek," Not flustered at all." He said sarcastically, before grabbing my bag and walking towards the exit.
"I'm not!" I called after him.
-
When Leo and I opened the door to the apartment, we both sort of got awkward. It was already late. And we didn't really know what to do.
Will he sleep in my bed tonight since we're together now? Or does he still sleep on the couch? When am I going to tell him about that kiss?
I looked at Leo's back, my heart pumping out of my chest. I was so anxious to just blurt out about the kiss. But, would he be mad at me? He'll be mad at Johnny for sure.
I closed the door behind me and I leaned on the wall.
Leo put my bag on a nearby chair before turning towards me. We were both shy.
"Um..." I mumbled, playing with the doorknob in back of me.
Leo stood away from me, playing with the strap of my bag.
"So..." He mumbled cheekily.
"So..." I repeated after him.
"Can I kiss you now?" He said as if it was a sigh.
"You don't have to ask." I mumbled, feeling embarrassed.
"Right." Leo nodded, shaking his head a bit, before looking up at me with stern eyes.
I should tell him now. Just tell him and get it over with.
"I have somethi-..."
He started walking over to me. He put his hands on the opposite sides of me on the wall, trapping me in before smiling down.
"What are you doing?" I asked him, narrowing my eyes.
"No one can interrupt us now." He smiled.
I looked up at him, butterflies going wild in my stomach. He leaned down, at first grazing our lips together as if he was asking. I leaned forward and I connected our lips fully, my heart beating out of my chest. Leo smiled into the kiss, before putting a hand on my back and pushing me closer. I felt a shiver go up and down my back. The sweet kiss quickly turned into an open mouthed and a bit desperate kiss. He put his hand on the wall, slightly pushing me up against it while biting my lip lightly.
"Leo..." I said quickly before reconnecting our lips, "I really have to tell you something." I breathed.
I loved Leo's lips. I could kiss them all day.
"I'm all ears, baby." He said back. My heart stopped. He's never called me baby before? Ive never really liked it when couples call each other baby or babe before, but hearing it from Leo's mouth made me want to hear it more.
"Can we just stop kissing for a second?" I said, pushing his chest away slightly. But I was too weak.
"Yeah, sure." Leo said, although he didn't stop the kissing. Ugh, did that mean I was going to have to stop the kissing?
It took all my inner strength and I pushed onto his chest, pulling our lips apart. Leo's lips were a bit red from my lipstick that I put on earlier and I couldn't help but laugh.
"Sorry." I laughed," It's not really even that funny. It's just..." I motioned towards his lips.
He put a hand to his lips, before realizing.
"Oh! Pretty aren't I?" He raised an eyebrow.
"Totally." I joked.
He walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a napkin, before wiping his mouth. I walked over to the couch and I sat down.
He followed after me and I looked over at him. His lips were a bit swollen from the kissing but it was cute.
"What did you want to talk to me about?" He put an arm around me.
"Don't get mad." I started, as we sat down.
"Never." Leo smiled, crossing his arms.
He thought this was a joke.
"I'm serious. Please. Don't get mad." I looked at him seriously. He seemed to notice I was serious and he leaned forward, "I don't know the news yet, so I can't really promise anything." He said.
Right. It's unreasonable for me to ask anything like that.
"Right. Okay." I sighed, sitting towards him.
He looked towards me curiously, taking his arm off my shoulders and leaning back so he could see me fully.
I was way too nervous to tell him this.
"After you left Hawaii..." I started. Leo crossed his arms.
"Well, you see," I sighed.
"Okay I'll just get right to it." I mumbled.
"Just tell me already." Leo laughed.
"Johnny kissed me." I blurted out.
Leo's smile flattened and he narrowed his eyes at me, in a none joking way.
"What?"