Chapter 50

Johnny
Me, Jacky and Eugene sat at Jackys dinner table, thinking hard.

"Still no word from him?" Jacky asked looking over at me. I shook my head in defeat.

My dad was out there somewhere on the loose.

"Isn't it strange? How he hasn't done anything to Leo or Marlie?" I suddenly asked, tilting my head.

"Didn't you say this man was evil? Isn't that something he'd do exactly? Hide in plain sight and then suddenly attack?" Eugene spoke.

Jacky and I exchanged glances.

"I mean, think about it." Eugene pulled out a chair, sitting down next to Jacky," If you're the bad guy, you'll want to do the most in secret right? Isn't that the smartest option?" Eugene asked with his eyebrows raised.

He does make a point.

"I still think we should tell them." Jacky added.

"Do you know how tramatizing it was for them? If we tell them then they'll not even want to leave their rooms." I sighed.

"And if we don't, then they're as good as dead." Jacky mumbled harshly.

"It's not like Leo remembers. So it's not like we can tell him." Jacky sighed in defeat.

I bit my lip.

Leo does remember...

"Anyway, the high school reunion is soon, so we should keep an eye on them. He probably knows." I added.

Jacky nodded slowly.

Marlie
"Hello?" I asked, holding up the phone to my ear.

"Hello!" Jacky basically cheered. I held the phone away from my ear.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked, walking into my kitchen.

"No reason...just that our reunion is today!" She squealed.

I sighed.

"What was that? Did you just sigh? There's no sighing. You're going." Jacky said strictly.

"You're right. I am going." I smiled.

Jacky seemed taken back," What?"

"Yeah. It'll be fun. And we get to see everyone again together." I shrugged.

"Oh right." Jacky laughed.

"Something wrong?" I furrowed my eyebrows at the tone of her voice.

"No! No. Why would anything be like wrong? I'm fine. You're fine. Leo's fine. We're all fine! Hey, I think I need to go bye!" She quickly spoke, before ending the call. I looked down at my phone curiously. What the heck was that?

Leo's p.o.v
"Hows it going with you and Marlie?" Johnny asked, stealing a few fries from my plate.

I sighed, pushing the plate towards him.

"I don't know...she gives off mixed emotions." I mumbled, thinking hard.

"Have you told her about...you know." Johnny looked over at me with a raised eyebrow.

"About?" I asked, not leading on.

Johnny narrowed his eyes, "About your memories."

"Oh. That. I should do that soon." I laughed nervously.

"What?! Leo, you haven't told her?" Johnny dropped his fry.

"I'm waiting for the right time, okay? It has to be perfect, in the most romantic way possible. But lately she hasn't been around me much. It's like she's avoiding me..." I mumbled.