Chapter 46

It's been 2 days since I've seen Leo. After I woke up after sleeping at his place, we said an awkward goodbye before I walked out and found that Jacky had hidden my stuff behind a plant. I had to explain the situation to her in detail, but I didn't tell her that Leo lived next door now.
Today is the first day of my job. It's a Monday. I was in the middle of getting ready when suddenly there was a knock on my door.

I looked over," Who is it?" I asked. I didn't want to open the door. I honestly felt a bit paranoid after...

"It's your favorite person ever." I heard a familiar voice. I opened the door and my eyebrows raised.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" I asked her. I looked down and I noticed two kids were at her side. What the heck?

"They're your cousins." She explained, walking in and them walking after her.

"Come in, I guess." I mumbled mainly to myself as I shut the door behind them.

I turned towards my mother and the two little ones. One was a boy and one was a girl, maybe twins? They had to be at least five or six. The little girl smiled up at me as the little boy hid slowly behind my mom, shyly.

"This is Madison and this is Ben." My mom put a hand on each of them as she introduced them.

Madison had short black hair, a little longer than her shoulders, and big eyes. She was a curious person most definitely. Ben seemed to be the same way, but he seemed extra hesitant, with short black hair that covered a bit of his forehead.

"Hello, Madison and Ben. I'm Marlie." I held out a hand for Madison and she gladly shook it. I reached my hand towards Ben but he looked at me shyly while shaking his head.

"Go play." My mom urged them, pointing towards the tv. Madison happily skipped, as Ben looked up at me before following his sister.

"Your cousin is on a business trip and asked me to watch them, but something urgent came up so I need you to watch them." My mom explained. I looked up at her alarmingly.

"No, mom I can't. My first day at work is today."

"Marlie, It's urgent." My mom raised her eyebrows.

"And my job isn't?" I furrowed my eyebrows,
"Can't you ask your other friends to do it?"

"What friends? You're my only friend." My mom pinched my cheek.

I pushed her hand away," Mom, I really can't."

"Then find someone who can because I need to leave." She said strictly. I sighed as she walked away, leaving me with the kids.
What the heck just happened?
-
I slowly walked out of my place, the two little ones following. I was carrying a lot of camera equipment for my first day (I'm so excited but this is too much work). I fidgeted with my keys, basically dropping everything everywhere when the keys fell to the floor. I groaned, carrying so much in my hands and not being able to bend over.

"Madison can you get that for me?" I asked her sweetly. Madison shook her head while giving me an evil grin.

"Ben?" I urged. He shook his head also, following his sister.

Suddenly I saw a hand reach down and grab the keys, handing them into my hand as I looked up.

"Leo, hi." I smiled.
"Marlie." He nodded my direction before turning towards the kids.

"Who are these lovely guys?" Leo leaned down, examining them. Ben was now hiding behind Madison.

"This is Madison and Ben. I'm watching them for the day." I finally locked the door and I turned towards them. I never knew if Leo was good with kids or not, but I've always imagined that he would be.