Chapter 53

{Leo}
"Hey, what's up?" I asked Eugene once we were in the hallway. It was random of him to come up to me and ask for me. Him and I have never exactly been on the same terms.

"I want to warn you." He whispered.

"Warn me about what?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

He gulped.

{Marlie}
I was sitting in the chair waiting patiently as I felt myself slowly drifting off to sleep. I was exhausted. It was 4 in the morning after all. But I shouldn't complain. Evelyn is probably ten times more exhausted than me. I shouldn't be complaining.

I flinched awake, looking around to still no Leo. I wonder what they're talking about.

"Are you with Mr and Mrs Davis?" A doctor suddenly appeared in front of me.

I looked up, sort of in a fog.

"Oh? Oh! Yes." I sat up straight.

"Her labor went smoothly. No complications. They're ready to have visitors now." The doctor smiled.

I stood up, "What room are they in?"
-
I opened the door slowly, peaking in.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Come in." I heard a voice. Evelyn's.

I looked towards the voice and my eyes landed on Evelyn and Kai, each a baby in their arms.

"Oh my gosh." I mumbled, walking over to them.

"Are you okay?" I asked Evelyn first.

"I'm better than okay." She laughed, tears filling her eyes with a smile. I pouted my lip, looking over at her.

"Have you figured out names?" I asked, looking at the baby in her arms.

Evelyn shook her head," We still haven't picked." She smiled down at her baby. I looked over at them, suddenly feeling emotional.

Don't cry. Don't cry.

"Why are you crying?" Kai was the first to ask. I wiped my eyes," I don't know. I remember when you two were only in middle school and now..." I trailed off," You have two beautiful babies."

Evelyn's tears fell down as well.

Suddenly the door opened and Jacky stumbled in.

"Babies!" She gasped. Instantly one of them started crying. I laughed.

She quickly rushed over to the bed.

"Can I hold one? Please?" She urged.

Kai and Evelyn glanced before he nodded.

He passed her the beautiful baby girl as she looked down.

"Oh wow..." jacky mumbled.

"What?" Evelyn asked curiously.

"She looks like you El..." Jacky mumbled, smiling. I sighed, feeling content. This was really a good day.
-
Leo and I finally arrived at his apartment and I sighed, plopping onto the bed. It was a long night for sure. Leo took off his jacket, placing it on a nearby chair before smiling down at me.

"Tired?" He asked. I nodded, rolling over. I loved Leo's apartment way better than my own. Mine seemed so lonely now, and whenever Leo slept over there, it didn't quite feel the same. We had separate apartments so our friends didn't find out about the marriage, but I feel like now I can bring up the topic since he told Jacky.

"By the way," I asked out of the blue," Isn't it weird that we're married but don't live together?" I asked curiously.

Leo looked over at me," I guess so." He shrugged. I narrowed my eyes. He seemed off.