Surprise picnic

A/n: I don't feel like Ashley's relationship is going anywhere

A/n: I don't feel like Ashley's relationship is going anywhere. I want to know if I should send her back to the original universe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 million dollars. Nightshade and the Riddler were able to sell the necklace for 14 million dollars, meaning they both got 7 million. Nightshade looked up to see Megan. 

"Jaybird said he that he wants to see ya'. The top of Wayne manor at 8."

"I heard you wanted to talk. What's the special occasion Todd?"

"Is it a crime to want to talk to my girlfriend?"

"Seeing as in I'm your Jd to your Veronica, yes." Nightshade replies without a second thought.

"God dammit, can't you just come with me?" Nightshade raised an eyebrow before replying.

"Fine, but you better not be wasting my time Todd." Wrapping an arm around her waist, Jason brought out his grappling hook. Within a minute they reached a park. Nightshade tensed as Jason's hands covered her eyes, her hand slowly making its way into her pocket to grab her retractable sword.

"Do you trust me?" Jason whispers into her ear and her head turned towards him.

"No, not really. But Ashley does." She nods before continuing. "Don't let this be a mistake." Slowly Jason walks up the hill before removing his hands from her eyes, revealing a picnic. 

"All this...is for me? You do realize Ashley isn't in control, right?" For a split second, Nightshade's stony persona dropped.

"Yes, but like it or not, you are part of my girlfriend. I want to get to know you better. So I heard you're rich now."

"Mmm yes. I believe I have you to thank for that Todd." Nightshade says before unpacking a Turkey and Bacon sandwich. 

"Yes, I believe you do. Have you used any of it yet?" 

"Even if I did, I wouldn't tell you." Nightshade scowls, sending a glare his way.

"Well, I had to at least try. What weapon do you prefer?"

"A sword so I can get close enough to see the life drain from their mortal eyes. What about you?"

"Bo-staff."

"Ah so I see you haven't reached your gun phase yet. That's probably for the best." Nightshade commented as she finished her sandwich.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Ashley doesn't come from this universe, remember? In the other universe you were...angsty to say the least. Well, angstier."

"Wait...that's possible?"