Bulletproof

I stare at the river of Styx

I stare at the river of Styx. Am I really going to do this? I take a deep breath before stepping into the river. I bite my lip as I step deeper into the magical river, ignoring the burning sensation. I keep walking before I dive underneath the water. Imagine the blood in your veins was replaced with lava and your bones with broken glass. Yeah...not so pleasant. Now add water filling your lungs at the same time. So yeah...I'm in pain.

I shoot out of the water, breaking into a sprint. My frantic gaze searched for anything to settle on. To be completely fair, I'm in excruciating pain, I'm surrounded by ghosts, and I have ADHD. Damian. When did he get here? Oh, who cares? I run to him, but he seems to be getting farther away as I run.

"Come sister. You're also out of harms way." His voice sounded echoey in the dim lit hell hole called Tartarus. "You're almost there." Wait...what happened to his sleeves? I slow to a stop and just stand there, soaking wet. I stood up to my full height (a wholesome 5'9) and closed my eyes. When I opened my eyes, I was alone. I stand there for a moment before I trudge out of the water, trying to ignore my wet socks/sneakers. I'm ready. And bulletproof now. So that's helpful. I love magical rivers.

Now to test it. I need to find my Achilles' heel. For Percy, his back. For Achilles, his heel (duh). If I go to battle without knowing what part of me to protect, I will die. I'm done with dying and not staying dead. Plus, it's time to test my new super suit anyways. I stare at the fire-y terrain in front of me for a while before I vanish into the shadows.