Going Home

Everyone in the room had woken up in a cold sweat and Ashley seemed different. She remembered everything...and that wasn't necessarily a good thing. Her mouth was pursed and her cold analytical eyes stared off into space.

Her voice was just as cold and analytical as her eyes. "Damian, I want to go home."

Damian opened his mouth to ask what she had meant before closing it. Oh. Of course. We're in a parallel universe.

"Everyone must be worried. Annabeth will most certainly try to kill me. I know what Percy's disappearance did to her. I saw what it did to her. I'm the worst friend ever." Ashley's voice was hollow and empty.

Jason's eyes saddened. He knew it was coming. One day, she'd want to go back to her own universe. To her own friends. Her own Jason Todd.

Sadly, Jason smiled at her. "Well, I think we've made her wait long enough."

Amelia was the first to hug the brunette demigod. Slowly everyone joined in. Ashley slowly started to shake.

"This is my fault, isn't it? I mean, Damian and I staying here for nearly three years. I just...so many of my friends died in the wars, died for the gods. I wanted to start over, you know?" Ashley let out a cruel, broken laugh. Somehow, she had wriggled her way out of the center of the hug.

"And a different universe was perfect for that, isn't it? I never had a supportive family or a proper home. I never had a stable school or location. All I had was Camp Half Blood. And when it became a reminder of all that I had lost, I wanted something new, something exciting. A-and when I found out about Damian..." Ashley trailed off a distant look on her face. "I don't know. I think something snapped."

Tim rolled his eyes. "Don't be an idiot Ashley. You've done nothing wrong. Anyone here probably would have done the same."

The ex-assassin glared at Tim. "You don't understand, I didn't even think about it. I pushed it into the back of my mind like the people back home didn't matter." She paused wincing slightly. Glancing down she nodded slightly to herself. "Forget about it. I'll go prepare my goodbyes."

By the end of the week, Ashley had a pile of hand written letters stacked on her desk. Otherwise, the room had been stripped clean and appeared brand new.

Slinging her bag over one shoulder, her hand still grasping the strap, Ashley grabbed the letters and handed them to Alfred. "Can you do it for me? I don't want to be there when they open them, I've already caused so much pain."

The misty eyed butler grabbed them. "Of course, Miss Al'Ghul."

The brunette smiled softly. "that's another thing that's changing. If I truly wanted to leave my old life behind, I would have done it ages ago. My name isn't Ashley anymore."

If the butler was surprised, he didn't show it. "Oh? And what should I call you, then?"

The brunette thought for a moment. "Diclidurus. Acantha Diclidurus."

Alfred raised an eyebrow. "You're naming yourself 'Thorn Ghost Bat'? How original, Miss Acantha. Are you sure you don't want to get more on the nose with it? Why not just save your enemies the trouble and just name yourself Vigilante?"

Acantha smiled. "Because where's the fun in that? I think I'll miss you the most, Alfie." She hugged him before walking towards Damian. "Let's go home."

(A/n: Should I continue on in this book or create a sequel? I already have an entire plot planned out in my head. Once more, I'll ask you guys who you want Ashley, or should I say Acantha, to end up with. The options are Dick, Tim, Amelia, or Jason. I think getting her together with Jason again would be kind of weird, but it's your guy's decision.)