happy birthday

I stiffen up as I feel a presence behind me

I stiffen up as I feel a presence behind me. Why now? After all these years...why now? And on my birthday too!

"Mo...er Thalia. I didn't expect you to come," I pop the lid off of my beer and I poor it into my glass, still refusing to turn around. "I didn't think you cared. And even if you did, you're visiting the wrong girl."

"Of course I care. You are my first born, like it or not. And I know. I came to warn you."

I swiftly turn around on my heel. "Am I? Are you sure there isn't another kid you've failed to inform me about? And warn me about what?"

"Ra's Al' Ghul." Oh this will be good. "Your grandfather will be working alongside Trigon in the upcoming battle."

"Well that's... fan-freaking-tastic. Thanks for the warning I guess?" Before I can say anything else, the lights flicker and she vanishes into the night. Er...early morning? I don't know anymore. "It was nice seeing you too Mom."  I bitterly down my drink before laying down on my couch to benge watch Sherlock.

Time skip:

"Come on! We are leaving the house today!"

"But why?"

"Because you don't have a choice Ashley," Annabeth speaks up and I groan.

"But wise girl..."

"No buts. Get dressed." I grumble as I make my way to my closet, casually stripping as I make my way to it. It's only Annabeth, and she has Percy.

"Dress or no dress?"

I glance at my reflection in the mirror. My hair, which has easily grown out to shoulder length, was pulled back into a french braid. I'm wearing a blue and black leather jacket and black jeans. Good enough.

I shimmy my combat boots on before I exit my room. Ok, I'm ready to party! Ashley and I had come to an agreement that when we are in the same room, I'll be Bucky while she'll stay Ashley. Annabeth said us hanging out will be fine as long as we don't make physical contact. Makes sense, I suppose.

Amelia, Annabeth, Ashley, and I headed back to Camp Half blood to train using our natural abilities. After that, we are meeting up with the boys, and just hanging in Wayne Manor. Things were still awkward between Bruce, Jason, and I, but this could be my last birthday. I plan to fix the tension.

During dinner, Jason stormed off. I sighed before following him. "Are you...ok?"

"My girlfriend left me because my 'dad' scared her off. How do you think I'm feeling?"

"Ok...stupid question. And I'm sorry. For everything. I just have a tendency to break rule number one: don't get involved with someone you can't have. And I didn't chicken out because of Bruce. I chickened out because...*sighs* because there is a good chance I'll die on this quest. I didn't want to put you through that again."

We sat there in silence momentarily before I spoke up again. "So...what's it like to be single again?"

"How am I supposed to know? No one will leave me alone."

"I know right?! Everyone has come to the conclusion that I'll kill myself if they leave me alone. It's starting to get really annoying. "

"Single together?" Jason asks holding out a fist.

"Single together," I begin as I fist bump him. "Now, we better get back before they jump to conclusions."