the world's going to end...again

Dreams are curious things. It's the bodies way of cleansing the mind. Well...at least for normal people. But I'm not normal, am I? I suppose it's hard to be be normal when you're an ex-assassin and part god. Way to go me. My dreams can't even be considered dreams at all. They are visions. And where there are visions, chaos usually follows.

For example: world war 2. The one thing history overlooked is that WW2 was fought between a child of Hades, Hitler (I disowned him), and the children of Zues and Posiedon. And I can almost guarantee that it all started with one vision.

And in all honesty, I was stupid to think that I could escape my promise with Hades. Or maybe I knew I couldn't, and that's the real reason why I wanted to go back to my universe. It makes more sense than me actually listening to Bruce.

My thoughts drift to the vision I had last night.

The twelve olympians sat on their individual thrones. Even Hades was there, which was a rare sight to see.

"Any news on the where abouts of Loki?" Zeus's deep voice echoed through the room. Wow, ragnarök must be  closer than I thought. It wasn't exactly a secret that Loki was going to be hauling ragnarök to victory.

"None so far." Hermes spoke up.

"Perhaps it is time for us to intervene." Athena suggested. "Will your granddaughter comply?"

"She has to." It almost seemed as if Hades's gaze was directed at me.

And that's how I got here, lying on the floor and reevaluating my life. I just had to get involved with ragnarök, didn't I? Why can't I ever get involved in something that isn't a war, like I don't know, college ? Between ship wars and actual battles, I was going to give myself a heart attack . Or alcohol poisoning.

I know I should get up and go somewhere that's not covered in snow, but frankly I don't care. I'll be dead by the time ragnarök rolls into town anyways. A thin layer of snow covered the left side of my body, seeping through my t-shirt and jeans. I'm cold, wet, and (just like I predicted would happen if I were to fall asleep) depressed .

My green eyes stared blankly at the white waste land as I hear Jane call the bat family. I buy them stuff and they betray me. Typical. Oh well, let them take me to jail or back to Arkham. It's not like I'm doing anything good with my life anyways. Plus at this rate, I'll freeze to death before I get there. I suppose this is what I deserve for being a coward.

"Sister, come on. We've got to get you somewhere warm." I half heartily pull my arm out of Damian's grasp.

"I don't want to go. Please leave." My voice was practically a whisper compared to his voice. I don't want him to see me like this. Yes, Damian has seen my mood swings, my insomnia, and constant risk taking. But he hasn't seen my bipolar depression at full swing. And I promised before I met him that he wouldn't.

"Ashley, please." I nod slightly before cautiously forcing myself to stand. For Damian. Who cares about me? Not even bothering to brush myself off, I blindly follow him. He leads me back to  a car that Percy was leaning against.

"Come on, ghost queen. Let's go home." The ride back to Wayne manner was silent except for the ac dc blasting through the radio and Percy's awkward attempts to start a conversation which mostly ended him being sarcastic about us listening to him or Damian insulting him.

I just starred out the window. A nervous feeling settled in my stomach as Wayne Manor rolled into view. Ah, hello anxiety my old friend. I can't say that I missed you...As the car pulled to a stop, I shadow traveled into my room. My face soon made a home buried into my marvel bedsheets. I snatched my Captain America pillow, hugging it into my chest. Ok, I can die now.

 Ok, I can die now