Almost dying

A/n: I feel like Ashley's time in this universe is coming to an end

A/n: I feel like Ashley's time in this universe is coming to an end. She and Damian are probably going to go back to their own universe soon. The real question is should they take Jason with them or should Ashley and Jason break up? I can't decide. Though if they do break up, I think she'll end up with Tim.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightshade let out a gasp as two cops start to drag her backwards.

Flashback:

Ashley threw the sword to the ground, frustrated. "I can't kill him."  It's not necessarily that she couldn't kill him, it's that she didn't want to.

"Hmm. Take her to the 'fun' room." Her Grandfather decides, causing her eyes to widen in fear. 

"W-Wait I'm sorry!" Her tiny body squirmed and thrashed against the assassins dragging her out of the arena.

End Flashback:

Her body had begun to shake as breathing became difficult. Oh Hades, not now her thoughts screamed as she elbowed the cop on her left, causing him to drop her. Nightshade grabbed his gun, using it to shot the other cop's temple. Suddenly a sharp jolt of electricity coursed through her.

Ashley looked down at her body, a confused frown on her face. She saw Robin running tloo her body in what seemed like slow motion.

"We've got to stop meeting like this, Drama Queen." 

"Thanatos, you can stop pretending to be Luke. I know it's you." The image of Luke shimmered before shifting into her winged Great Uncle.

"How did you know it was me?" Thanatos asked, his golden eyes eyeing her. Most people imagine death as creepy, but in reality he's just a guy with wings who loves to waltz. Hey, you got to do some work, don't you?

"Luke was one inch taller than your illusion was when he died. Simple mistake really."  

"Well, will you be coming with me young one?" Ashley turns her attention towards before nodding 'no'.

"As much as living pains me, and trust me, I hate it, if me dying causes my brother pain I will live for him. But I don't really have a choice, do I?"

"This once you do. Hades has plans for you, and when you're called upon, you'll be expected to complete them. These plans only apply if you choose to live."

"Typical. I agree. Now send me back." 

"We'll meet again, Ashley." Thanatos announces before black covers her vision.

Ashley's p.o.v:

I awoke in my brother's arms before gasping "Dami...I don't know if it's occurred to you...but I need to breathe." Damian awkwardly let go of me, allowing me to sit up. "What, you didn't think I would actually let myself die without saying goodbye?"

*Smack* "Don't you ever scare me like that again! Your heart stopped...I thought..."

"Sorry, I guess that's what happens when you talk to Thanatos."

"Thanatos...as in the angel of death?" Damian questions and I shrug.

"Yeah, he's basically my great Uncle I guess."