the titan's curse

A/n: I caved in and started a Loki fanfic. It's called Everlasting Flame. Also I don't own any of the Gallagher's or Milkovich's. Carry on.

"Where are you going to school this year?"  Annabeth asked Ashley as the two walked towards the border of camp near the end of summer. It would be the last time the two girls would speak to each others face to face for quite some time.

"You're not going to like this. I'm spending the school year in Chicago. That's right...I'm going Southside." Ashley let out a nod as if to make it confirmed.

"You do realize that Southside Chicago has more crime than Brooklyn, right?"

"Umm yes?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, Pine tree, I just have one question to ask you: Is Apollo really as hot as the legends say?" Thalia rolled her eyes at the nickname before answering.

"No. He's even hotter." Ashley let a smirk creep it's way onto her face, which was still an olive color. It wasn't until  the wars that Ashley became a vampire. 

"Well, now I have motivation to survive this quest. Thanks Pine tree."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You heard the boy, decide!" At Kronus's demand, Ashley's sleeping body let out a murmured a curse in ancient greek as it twisted and turned. The dream paned to reaveal a chained up Artemis, an angry look plastered onto her face.

"How DARE you torture a mortal maiden as such!" Artemis tried to lunge forwards, only to be tugged back by the chains.

"She'll die soon,  but you can save her." Luke's voice calls out from his place besides Annabeth, who weakly sent a glare from her position of lifting the sky.

"Unchain me." Without a second more thought, the goddess took Annabeth's place. Ashley let out a loud gasp as she jerked awake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashley's breath remained calm as she carefully listened to the 'General' and Luke. Her trusty sword held the reflection of Luke and who she could only assume was this mysterious 'General.' he clearly wasn't human. That alone she could tell from the height and the deepness of his voice.

"This is why I don't use mortals. They're unreliable," Luke let out a scoff as the mortal servent scampered away.

"They're gullible, easily bought, and violent. I love them! Ah, here we go!" The general countered and grumbled about his stiff muscles. Well, he wasn't wrong. "Dinosaur teeth? Don't make me laugh! Those foolish mortals can't even tell these are dragon teeth. It's sad, really."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I want to know how you caused the zombie to burst into flames. The only one who can do that is death breath over here!" Thalia had a point. The only one who could do that was Ashley.

"I have a theory. Maybe Bianca is a daughter of Thanatos? I mean.. he literally is death, so zombies wouldn't affect his young. That, or she's a child of Hades..." Ashley's voice trails off at the end as she nervously glanced from side to side.

mini time skip:

"Bianca...you said you stayed at a hotel. By any chance was it called the Lotus casino?" The girls face formed a shocked look at Ashley's statement.

"H-how'd you know?" Percy let out  an exasperated sigh and shouted "Not Again!"

"Who was the last president?" At this point, Thalia had caught on.

"Um...FDR?" Ashley's eyes widened. This girl was pre World War Two. That means she could be a child of Hades due to the vow not existing yet. That didn't exist till after Hitler went rouge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashley stepped forwards as a hand holding a sword popped out the open limousine door , nearly beheading Percy. If Ashley couldn't have Annabeth, she wanted Percy to have her. He couldn't do that if an angry war god were to, say, behead him.

Ares steppes out of the limousine with a chuckle. He was just as Ashley remembered him: a tall man with black hair in a crew cut, wearing a black leather jacket, a white muscle t, combat boots, and black pants of an unknown material. The flames of his irises shown brightly behind his black tinted sunglasses.

"Not so powerful without the sea, are ya', Punk?"

"He may not be, but I am." Ashley answered starkly.

"Ha, sure you are. As much as I would love a round two, someone wants to see you two."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't you remember  all the times we cursed the gods? Our parents have done nothing for us! They don't deserve to rule!" Thalia shook her head in a defiant 'no' before addressing Luke.

"Let Annabeth go!" Ashley and Thalia stared at the son of Hermes, their expressions mirroring the other's. He sounded desperate to get them to side with him.

"Last chance, join us. Or fall to the force of Kronus." Luke's hand gestured to the army of monsters approaching. "This is only a taste of our power."

"You're not Luke. Not anymore." Thalia's words were filled with hurt and Ashley nodded.

"Now!" On Percy's command, the small handful of hunters and demigods rushed forwards. Ashley summoned the dead upon her in an attempt to even the odds. Thalia charged her old friend whilst Percy and Ashley went for Atlas, who let out a cruel laugh.

Ashley ducked as Percy was thrown back into the wall and attacked with her sword upwards. She struck him in between the ribs and rolled to the side, trying to attack his kidneys. You know, if titans have organs. Atlas turned and spear met sword.

Atlas tried to use his spear to throw the ex assassin back. When you need your sword most, it shall fail you.Ashley, having discarded her sword, wrapped both hand around the spear handle an kicked off the ground. Atlas let out a grunt as a foot collided with his face, followed by a sharp knee and a fist.

Atlas did not appreciate being punched in the face by a thirteen year old. With a 'smack' in the stomach of his spear, Ashley landed next to an outraged Artemis. Ashley stood up next to the goddess underneath the sky, thinking. A goddess could do more than an ex assassin. Oh, she was so going to regret this. 

"Here give me it."  

The goddess let out an exasperated gasp of disbelief. "No way! I shall not put this type of pressure on such a young maiden."

Huffing, Ashley explained her reasoning. "A goddess can do more damage to a titan than a demigod can, even if said demigod is an ex-assassin. Plus, it'll only be until you can get Atlas back underneath the sky."

"But..."

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine . Go." The goddess looked at the girl with a newfound appreciation before handing her the sky.