No One Mourns the Wicked

The war was over. Ashley had held up ranks and had led the camps into a united battle. Now all that was left to do was to fix the ruins and count the dead.

Once again, when all was said and done, Ashley Al'Ghul was left alone. Her piercing green eyes scanned the destruction. She stuck her hands into her black hoodie and marched into the woods. Ashley pushed on until she reached the stone monuments. A spiral of black stones. As the spiral stretched outwards, the stones got taller. A list of the fallen.

Her pale fingers brush over a name on the list. Luke Castellan was written in fancy lettering.

She let out a silent scoff. "I get it now, Luke. I did everything for the gods. And look at the destruction they caused. All of those that died. Was it worth it?" She waited for a moment, as if expecting an answer. "Of course it wasn't."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A ringing filled Ashley's ears and a sense of dread that she hadn't felt since she left the league of Assassins washed over her. Someone was dying. Someone important. Someone...no...the only thing Ashley Al' Ghul feared.

Shadows swallowed the girl whole as she blindly chased the one person she ever seeked approval from. Ashley's hands pushed through the water and grabbed the dying figure.

The girl let out a gasp as they both landed on the beach. The woman beneath her was nearly an identical copy of the very alive demigod. The woman's brown hair appeared nearly black against the pale sand, forming a halo around her head. She was dressed in a black catsuit which made her pale skin pop. Her normally dark lips seemed a sickly blue. She wasn't moving.

Ashley's shaky fingers rested on her neck in an attempt to take her pulse. Nothing. Ashley started to do cpr, trying to get a response. Eventually the well performed chest compressions turned to Ashley banging one fist onto her chest. "Wake. Up. You. Useless. B*tch!"

The woman lurched forwards with a loud gasp. Coughing widely, she layed back down on the beach and looked at the teen besides her. "Ash...Ashleen. M-My beloved little killer."

"Mother."

The woman let out another wild cough, spraying some blood in the process. "Damian. W-watch after him please."

Ashley's eyes narrowed with suspicion. "Damian who?"

"Damian Wayne." Thaila's head lulled to the side as her soul left her battered form.

"Wait! Nononono! Who's Damian? Mother!" The girl sat in shock, clutching her dead mother's body. "You leave. You always leave."

Everyone remembers Ashley's dramatic exit of the league of Assassins. No one remembers that she was abandoned by the league first. On several occasions, no less. She had been the first to test out Tartarus as a training exercise. She wasn't older than eight.

The sea foam hitting the waves slowly formed to create the form of a standing man. The sea foam shimmered as it solidified and approached the teen. The god placed a hand on the teen's shoulder. "Ashley..." Before he had time to react, the teen had stood up, whipped around as if she had been struck by lightning, and lunged forwards.

She stepped backwards, a look of horror on her face. Her clenched fist loosened and dropped the sword, which was now covered in a golden liquid. What had she done?

The teen immediately went to work in moving the god. He needed medical assistance, stat. If he died...what exactly was the punishment for accidentally killing a god? Surely it would be severe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The infamous Batman bent down by his 'beloved'. Under his cowl, his eyes scanned the scene. A bloodied fist stain laid upon her chest. If it had been from the person who killed her, it would have been washed away by the sea. Matching the fist, a bloody handprint laid on the sand besides her. It was smeared, but he might still be able to get a match.

On the opposite side of her body was a footprint. Converse shoe. Size 8. Most likely female. It looked like she had gotten up in a hurry, most likely to face the owner of the other set of footprints. From there, the girl and the mystery man walked off, the man with a limp. Following there footprints was a trail of blood and...was that liquid gold? Then their footsteps faded completely, almost as if they had both vanished.

Bending down again, Batman got out two vials. One, to test the blood. The other to see what the liquid blood was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An empty beer bottle was thrown across the room and Ashley fell to her knees.

No one mourns the Wicked!
Now at last, she's dead and gone!

Ashley didn't know what to feel. When she was younger, her Mother had always stood tall. She had seemed invincible. Now, she was gone, leaving Ashley free to do whatever she wanted.

Now at last, there's joy throughout the land

But was Ashley happy? To tell the truth, she didn't know. She felt like she should be. After all, the woman had terrorized hundreds, if not thousands. Now, she couldn't do that anymore.

And Goodness knows
We know what Goodness is
Goodness knows
The Wicked die alone
She died alone

Ashley wildly gripped at her hair. She shouldn't have been with her when she had died. She shouldn't have been anywhere near her. She should have died in the arms of someone who'd loved her.

Woe to those (Woe to those)
Who spurn what Goodnesses
They are shown
No one mourns the Wicked

Ashley took a shaky breath. "I won't mourn her."

Good news!
No one mourns the Wicked!

Ashley's voice was horse and shaky. "She ruined my life. She doesn't deserve my love."

Good news!
No one mourns the Wicked!
Wicked!
Wicked!