Chapter 15: A Scary Encounter, A New Hero Is Born

Same Day, A Few Hours Ago

"Live TV til after noon! Today's topic is: "Is sexiness necessary for heroes work?" And so today, we have these two in the studio today--A rookie hero who debuted just this year, Mt. Lady, and--Midnight, who is currently teaching at U.A. High School!" The TV reporter said and introduced the two ladies. "Thank you both for coming in today. Please have a seat." He said as they sat down and he read off his paper. "Now, Midnight, when you first debuted, your costume was so extreme that it created a stir, eventually leading to the "Regulations for Exposed Skin in Costumes" bill being submitted to the National Diet. You're known as a veteran hero who changed the country." The TV reporter said as Mt. Lady chimed in.

"It's still pretty bad right now, though." She said.

"Now I'm going for the "ultra-thin" style. Many say that because of the nature of their quirks, clothes obstruct their abilities. It's not a matter of whether or not sexiness is necessary, but rather that the result of necessity became seen as sexy." She said to the reporter as Mt. Lady chimed in again.

"It's just what you like, right?" She asked.

"What's with you? Trying to pick a fight?" Midnight asked irritated.

"Of course not! It's just, how do I put it--I think you're amazing!" She praised Midnight before looking away slyly. "For your age." She mocked.

"Are you trying to show that your only redeeming feature is your youth? Even though you're not that young?" Midnight asked while getting out of her seat.

"I'm saying that if the older generation tries too hard, then it's hopeless for us younger folks!" Mt. Lady said before the two broke out into a cat fight on live television.

21 hummed happily in the couch she was sitting on while eating cereal from a bag as your father came in with an officer helping him carry in work.

"What're you watching, honey?" Your dad asked from the kitchen.

"Nothing, papa." She said as she turned off the TV and continued to sketch s picture of you and Ryu screaming on the paper she had on the coffee table in front of her.

21 had grown much more and learned a lot more words and literature while you were gone, and she matured a lot while hiding with your father under protective services.

"Honey, I'm going out later to buy more groceries, wanna come? You can help me find the vegetables you'll eat." Your dad asked as she stopped drawing and walked up to him as he smiled at her and she pouted.

"No! No! No! I don't want vegetables-!" She was cut off when the officer that was staying with them gave her candy. "Okay I'll go! Thank you!" She said.

Your dad laughed as he set down his things before heading back towards the door with her and the officer

"All right, let's go!" He said as they left the house and walked outside.