Chapter 53: A Hero's Last Wish, Ryu's Growth As A Hero

The Same Day, At The Hospital

After the intense battle with Chisaki, Ryu was being checked up on by multiple doctors as they had him lied down on a hospital bed and they were spatting notes and theories with each other as they were shocked about the perfect condition Ryu's body was in.

"What do you think happened to keep his body intact?" One doctor asked.

"How many attacks did he sustain during the battle? Were any of them serious?" Another doctor asked.

"How was Eri's quirk affecting him at such an elevated rate of use while his quirk was in overdrive?" Another asked as Ryu was growing annoyed.

"Was the overuse and exertion of his quirk the cause for the girl's high fever?" Another doctor asked before Ryu had enough.

He suddenly sat up from his bed and tore off the electrodes and other wires that were connected and monitoring his body. He turned to sit on the side of his body as the top part of his hospital shirt fell off and he walked out in just his hospital pants. As he opened the door, he was greeted with the sight of Aizawa.

"Ryu, I was just coming to see you." Aizawa said as Ryu just gave him the usual glare.

"What do you want?" Ryu asked.

"I just checked on everyone here, I thought you'd want to know how your friends are?" Aizawa said as Ryu scoffed.

"Tch, they're not my friends. We're just in the same class, that's all." He said as he crossed his arms before lowering his head. "...Are those weaklings at least stable?" He asked lowly.

"Follow me." Aizawa said as he lead him to where the allies who were seriously hurt were and opened the door to reveal their bandaged states.

"Kirishima has immense bruising and lacerations all over his body, but it's not life-threatening." Aizawa said.

"I'm a mummy!" Kirishima said while wrapped in bandages.

"Amajiki has a large fissure-like wound on his face, but apparently it'll heal up without a trace, given time." Aizawa said as Amajiki groaned in bed.

"Fatgum suffered numerous bone fractures, but he seemed to be doing fine." Aizawa explained as a deflated Fatgum sat in bed with a bored face.

"I'm hungry." He stated as Ryu and Aizawa left them.

"LockRock was very fortunate. The blade he was stabbed with missed all of his internal organs, so none of his injuries were serious." Aizawa said as they walked down the hall.

"So they were all lucky. Good for them." Ryu said as he rolled his eyes. "Anyways, where's the girl?" Ryu demanded to know.

"Eri, on the other hand, still hasn't woken up, and her fever won't go down. We have her quarantined for now." Aizawa said as Ryu stopped and clenched his fists tightly. "This was a decision made based on the information you obtained about her. She can't control her quirk that turns back a person's time. Should anything happen to trigger her quirk again, we have no way of stopping it aside from me. You experienced her power ceaselessly destroying your own body, right? Not many people would be able to do that...And even if there were, she might just increase her power output..." Aizawa explained to Ryu.

"Her power skyrocketed after each blow I traded with that bastard...Had it gone any longer, we both probably wouldn't be here..." Ryu said lowly.

"Because we don't know how strong it is, and to keep our minds at ease, I think this is the most rational option at the moment. We're doing this for her sake, too." Aizawa said as Ryu suddenly left. "Ryu, wait!" Aizawa yelled as he watched Ryu go.