Chapter 57: A Gentle Downfall, The Cultural Festival's Explosive Beginning

Previously On 'The Symbol of Hope'

Play

..................................

"Gentle, this is bad...we haven't taken a tea break in a week, now...Are you okay?" She asked while peeking over the table as Gentle was working with papers and a laptop in front of him.

"I am." He responded to her as she scurried off to fetch tea for him. "La Brava, unease and dissatisfaction toward heroes are growing nowadays. It is because they a truly feeble minded. It's obvious they are well prepared for a situation they can predict. But what they lack...Is resourcefulness when faced with the unpredictable. In other words, they have low crisis awareness. Deciding to keep the cultural festival open in this period of time is a testament to that." He explained to her.

"But hold on, Gentle. Will you involve the kids that will become future heroes? What will happen if you do!?" She asked eagerly waiting for an answer before Gentle suddenly broke out in laughter.

"La Brava! That's a wake-up call!!  Due to my invasion, the little hatchlings will grow stronger again!!" He laughed like a douche as La Brava keeled over in amazement.

..................................

"La Brava! This time around, I will...Proudly put my life on the line! For the entire world. For the people. For my dreams. And in response to...Your love!!" He declared to her as she broke down and cried while tackling him to the floor.

"GENTLE!!" She sobbed out.

"La Brava!" He laughed as he fell.

"I LOVE YOU...! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, GENTLE CRIMINAL!!" She sobbed while holding him tightly.

"I do, too, La Brava. I am...going to succeed...No matter what...!" He promised her as they laid on the floor.

..................................

"I guess you two are done." You spoke up to make your presence aware as the two shot up and glared at you.

"Who are you?!" La Brava yelled as Gentle stood in front of her.

"You're the villain who was part of the group that killed that Chisaki fellow. What is it you want?" He asked you.

"Why, I'm just here to coordinate with you, Gentle Criminal. You see, we both wish to enter U.A. during the festival, it just so happens that our plans clash in timing, so I'd like to come to a compromise." You said as you stepped forward and Gentle pushed La Brava back a bit.

Gentle waved his hands around in front of him as he activated his quirk and you saw a distortion in the air. You walked straight into the distortion as it suddenly stretched.

"Gently Rebound!" He yelled as you felt pressure pushing against you like the air was trying to bounce you back and he smiled before gasping when he saw you just stood there.

"A truly remarkable quirk, but your power could not compare to my level of strength." You said as you shattered the distortion of air that held you back and unleashed your energy in the room. "Now then, as for who I am, if you remember the super villain, Super Buu, that's me but I've taken over an incredible body to match my power needs." You said as you increased the pressure of your energy.

The two of them both fell back as you raised both your hands and two pink globs of flesh flew out from your arms and wrapped themselves tight around them.