Chapter 21: Deadly Ambush, Kota's Hero

Training Camp, Day 3

You walked out to the training grounds in your transformed state as you looked around and saw everyone working off their quirks as Ryu came up behind you.

"Let's get started. We don't have time to waste." Ryu said as you both began to walk towards the gravity training room.

As you walked along, you heard the cries coming from Koji that could rival that of a rooster in the morning. Looking to your left, you saw the people who failed the practical exams struggling to stay standing as Aizawa was behind them.

"Hey, extra lessons group, don't stop." He said as he wrapped his tape around Kirishima's head and yanked him up and awake.

"Got it!" He said as he was felt super tired.

"Sorry, I'm kind of sleepy..." Mina said while stumbling around.

"I didn't think yesterday's extra lessons...would go until 2 a.m....." Sero said with fatigue.

"And we started at 7 a.m...." Sato struggled to speak.

"I told you it'd be tough. You're not just trying to improve your quirks. Above all, you need to work on your weaknesses that were exposed during the final exams! Think carefully about why you're more tired than your classmates before you move."Aizawa said to them.

"Y-Yes, sir..." They all said as Aizawa turned around towards Aoyama who came out of a port-a-potty, and Uraraka who was on the verge of puking while carrying a big rock using her zero gravity.

"Uraraka! Aoyama! You two should, too. You didn't fail, but you were close. If 30 points was passing, you were at about 35." He said, shocking the two of them entirely.

"Ah, we barely made it..." Uraraka said in shock.

"How unexpected." Aoyama said.

"Don't lose focus. All of you, move faster! No matter what you're doing, you should always be aware of where you came from. That's what it means to improve. Always keep in mind why you're sweating, and why you keep getting nagged." He told everyone.

"Where I came from..." You thought while clenching your fist.

"Mommy loves you baby. Take good care." Those words rang through your head as you clenched your fist tightly.

You heard laughter coming from your left and saw Pixie-Bob sat on top of boxes of food and sweets that Momo and Sato were eating as she spoke up.

"More importantly, everyone, tonight...we'll have a test of courage with the classes pitted against each other! After training hard, you can play hard! The carrot and the stick!" She said playfully.

"Oh, I forgot." Kendo said.

"I hate scary things..." Jiro said as you walked up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder as she looked at you.

"Don't worry, if you're too scared, you can tag along with me." You said as she blushed and you noticed Tokoyami in a cave, glaring down at everyone.

"Revelry in the dark..." He said as you made an awkward smile at him.

"They're letting us do the typical training camp stuff, too, huh?" Rin said as Monoma was shaking.

"I like the part where we're "pitted against each other..." Monoma said as Pixie-Bob spoke again.

"So, do your best right now!" She screamed encouragement.

"Yessir!" Everyone said in unison.

After training for the entire day, you and Ryu were still in your transformed states when you were returning with more firewood as everyone was preparing for dinner