Chapter 46: A Sudden Call Back, Shocking Discoveries Are Made

The next few weeks with you were filled with sparring and training with not just Ryu, but Caulifla and Kale as well. You did your best to train their bodies and teach them to transform, but the rest of it was up to them. Caulifla was making progress, able to maintain a transformed state for about thirty seconds before collapsing, but Kale proved to be a troublesome case. She had inner power but it wasn't enough to transform her. As much as you tried, you couldn't get anything out of her except for gasps of air and sighs of tiredness. Today was another day of training and you were sprawled out in the bed you were using as the sun shined through your window. The light hit your face as you groaned and instinctively covered your eyes.

"Why do I get the room facing the window?" You thought in annoyance as you yawned and got up.

You sat up in your bed and stretched your body a bit before hopping out and doing your new daily routine. 200 push-ups and 400 sit-ups. After finishing your sets, you got up and stretched your body again before grabbing a towel with some fresh clothes and walked out of your room in just a pair of pajama pants and a grey muscle shirt. You headed over to the men's shower and entered to see that it was completely empty. You took a hot, relaxing shower and dried yourself off before changing into your gi pants and blue shirt. After changing, you headed over to the dining area where you found Caulifla and Kale sat at the table eating breakfast.

"Good morning, you two." You greeted them.

"Mornin'." Caulifla said before chowing down on a few pieces of bacon.

"Good morning, Y/N-san." Kale greeted you quietly, but more fluidly as she got use to your presence.

You grabbed a plate of your own breakfast and grabbed your usual juice as you joined them at the table and started a conversation with them, asking how their training was. You and Caulifla conversed smoothly as Kale just nodded and muttered words in response. After finishing breakfast, you left them and journeyed back to your room to get changed into your training gi. After fixing yourself up, you roamed the halls in search of Ryu to get a morning spar in. After walking around for five minutes though, you found yourself standing in front of a door that was slightly opened. You peeked inside and to your surprise, Ryu was inside the room, going through books and scrolls as the room seemed to be filled with countless shelves of them. You entered the room as Ryu continued to read on.

"Hey best buddy." You greeted as he kept reading. "What are you reading?" You asked him while peeking at the scroll in his hand.

"These texts are older than father, yet contain information I never knew existed. Hidden power, techniques for energy enhancement users like us. Read this." He said as he shoved a scroll into your face and you took it.

"What's this? And who writes in scrolls anymore?" You asked as you opened the scroll and read it out loud. "A 'Super Saiyan God'?" You asked.

"We weren't the only ones of our specific quirk type. There were people before us who had the same power we do, but they had taken it to a completely different level, earning the level of what they call 'God'. Through various transformations, there were many great heroes who were super saiyans." Ryu explained.

"What happened to them?" You asked.

"Going through more readings I learned that eventually the power levels in each generation had dropped off dramatically, and the quirk devolved into a basic energy strength enhancer quirk. You, I, and that other person, Broly, are the only ones who have ascended pass the limits of other generations. Because our parents were both halves of this, we have been reborn as this quirk type." Ryu explained.

"So we're kinda like ancient descendants, huh? What a coincidence that we named our quirks after the same thing they did." You asked.

"Not descendants. We're merely just bringing this quirk type back into the limelight. There are bound to be more like us out there who have their hidden power lay dormant, and I'm sure those two girls you're training are actually capable of transforming." He said as he closed a book and stared at you. "These were once our people as you could say. I'll be the one to bring back glory to our long forgotten quirk type, and become a Super Saiyan God just as they have." Ryu spoke.