Chapter 50: Togata Mirio's Efforts & Sacrifice, The Battle Rages On

Play

"What are you going to do if Eri gets hurt? Because in this situation, I'm the only one who can heal her. You can't phase your way out of here while holding onto her. So are you going to fight me here? Do tell, Mr.School-Boy." Chisaki said as Mirio landed. "I sealed away any path out of here through my quirk. As for your quirk..." He trailed off as Chisaki's ally began to get up and pulled out a gun. "One hit from this, and you can kiss it goodbye." He said as your dad and Mirio realized it was loaded with a quirk destroying bullet.

"Not good! Really not good! I was able to slip into the basement and find the kid, but I couldn't find Y/N. Now we're trapped and we could have our quirks taken away. Shit! You're kidding me!" Your father thought as he balled his hands tightly and stared down at his right  fist. "Ai...You left me with the task of taking care of our child...He's here fighting a life-threatening battle and I'm in a pinch...What do I do!?" He thought before gasping as he saw her image flash in his eyes.

Flashback

Your father ran into a hospital room and was short of breath as a doctor and nurse stared at him.

"You're late, sir. We've already finished." The doctor said.

"Shoot! There was so much traffic and there was a villain I had to stop! How are they?" He asked hastily as he walked around the curtain and went silent as he saw Ai in the bed holding a baby who was wrapped in a blue blanket.

"You're late..." She pouted at him as he knelt down beside the bed and stared at the baby as the doctor and nurse left.

He stared at  the baby and was speechless as Ai smiled and took hold of his hand and got his attention.

"Now that we have a son, we have to take good care of him, especially since we're both heroes. Riku, we don't know what will happen to us while we're working, so if anything happens to me, promise me..." She trailed off as she looked at the baby as he slept soundly in her arms.

Flashback Over

"That's right...I made a promise..." Your father clenched his fist as he activated his quirk and increased the power in his body and glared at the enemies in front of him.

"No matter what happens, promise to take care of our son..." He words rang through his head as he gritted his teeth.

"I can't...I won't...!" He thought as he turned and looked at Eri. "She means so much to him...If I'm going to fight with everything I've got..." He thought as he glared at them.

"I WILL FIGHT YOU!!! AND I WILL WIN!!!!!!!" Your dad yelled as he stood off against Chisaki and his allies.

"I meant to knock him out, but...but my aim must have been off. That drunkards quirk might still be in effect." Mirio thought as he remembered encountering the two allies of Chisaki's before.

"Aim for the arm that's cradling, idiot. Jiren, you take care of the other." Chisaki ordered his allies.

"Understood." Jiren spoke before walking off Riku.

Jiren walked over towards him as the two stared each other down and your father gritted his teeth.

"Alright then, you wanna dance? Let's dance!!!" Your father yelled as he dashed towards him.

Riku yelled as he sent a powerful punch at Jiren, but was shocked when he connected the punch to his chest and he didn't even budge.

"Give up and walk away. You have no chance of victory over me." Jiren said to him.