Chapter 47: The Fated Day Arrives, Commence The Rescue Operation!

After the meeting with the pros, you, your classmates, and the Big Three were all gathered in a lounge area and sat in silence at a table as you and Ryu had your heads hung low. No one said anything for the longest time until Midoriya spoke up.

"So that's what happened..." He said lowly.

"So frustrating..." Kirishima said through gritted teeth.

"Y/N-kun..." Uraraka stared at you in worry as your head was hung in regret.

"They didn't seem like the ones who would be so put down..." Amajiki said lowly.

Midoriya clenched hist fist tightly as he thought about the information that had just been presented to him.

"Eri-chan...Maybe...if I were there...?" He thought of how things could have turned out but shook his head realizing it wouldn't make a difference and that the same thing would have happened.

Ryu suddenly got up from the table and left as no one followed him in fear of making him go off. Everyone sat in silence once more before the sound of the elevator caught everyone's attention except for yours. Turning towards the doors, they all saw Aizawa stepped out.

"Are you guys holding a wake or something?" He asked with his hands in his pockets.

"Sensei!" Tsu said in surprise of his appearance.

"Ah, just call me Eraserhead outside of class please. Oh, however...I had originally planned to suspend all of your internships today..." He said to everyone's surprise.

"You can't...!" You said in desperation.

"What?! Why now, of all times!?" Kirishima asked in anger.

"You all heard there's a possibility the the League is involved. That changes things." He said as you got up and stared daggers at him. "But you know...Y/N...Midoriya...You still haven't restored my trust in you yet. And you both got in a fight with Bakugo and Ryu." He said as you clenched your fist tighter. "If you all would do me the favor of following established procedures and acting accordingly, I would very much appreciate it...And it would certainly go a long way towards restoring my trust." He said as he remembered the words you spoke in the meeting.

"We won't fail this time...We will rescue her no matter the costs... We will protect Eri. I swear my life on it." He remembered you say before approaching you both and squatting down to level with Midoriya as you stared at him.

"Unfortunately, I have every reason to believe that if I were to stop you two right now...you'd just jump out in the midst of things again. I'm watching you two. If you act again, we'll go by the formal procedures this time around, both of you." He said as he suddenly put a fist against Midoriya's tie and held out his other towards you as he stared at you now. "Let me tell you something...Those hands of yours and Ryu's that just barely missed rescuing her...I'll bet that she felt something other than despair. So keep looking forward and go on." He said as you stared at him in shock of his words.

You didn't know how to react from the words of encouragement he just gave you, and it moved your heart so much that tears welled in your eyes. You could only think about Eri and how she felt during the time that she met you.

"Something other...than despair..." You muttered.

"Do the best to your ability, Y/N. Go beyond. Plus Ultra." He said to you as you stared at your hand.

"The best...I can..." You thought before clenching your fist and wiping the tears that welled in your eyes. "Yes, sir!" You nodded to him as everyone gave a relieved and determined look at you.

Suddenly, you walked pass him and went towards the elevators as everyone stared at you.

"Onii-chan? Where are you going?" 21 called.