Chapter 44: Lingering Pain, Seeking Even More Power

Play

"Somebody...!! Somebody...! Please, somebody...!! No...!!" A voice called as Vegeta turned towards the alley.

"What is that?" Vegeta mumbled before gasping as a figure came out from the darkness and tackled him, sending them both to the ground. "Ow...Watch where you're going--!" He cut himself off when he saw who had run into him.

Watch where you're going--!" He cut himself off when he saw who had run into him

A child with bandages all over her body. She wore a white, tattered, and dirty short sleeve dress and had a small horn on the right side of her forehead and had white, long, choppy, unkempt hair. She also had red eyes. She wore bandages on her arms, and under her bandages, her arms are shown to have numerous scars.

"A-Are you all right?" Vegeta asked as he got up and held out his hand to her.

"...Ah." She looked as if she was gonna cry as there were more footsteps coming from the alley, but Vegeta didn't hear.

"She looks scared...I better cut in." You thought as you went to move towards them, but stopped when another person came from the alley, and the aura they were giving off made your battle instincts tell you that this person was dangerous.

"We mustn't be causing any problems for our heroes, now..." The stranger who arrived said.

A man in his 20s with short, brown hair, eyes that are bloodshot, and several ear piercings

A man in his 20s with short, brown hair, eyes that are bloodshot, and several ear piercings. He wore a green hoodie with purple fur on the hood and had the sleeves rolled up, black pants, a black shirt, white tie, and white shoes, as well as a pair of disposable medical gloves. His most distinctive feature was an orange, beak-shaped mask reminiscent of a plague doctor. Vegeta glared at him while the girl looked scared. Having a feeling the situation was bad, you snapped out of your thoughts and began to move towards them.

"Hey, you--!" You were cut off by a loud noise.

There was a sudden small crash that sounded as something had fallen between the pair and the stranger. You felt high energy coming from the spot where the smoke swirled around.